Out of Poynt, Beyond 411, Sprint Nav, Google Maps and Windows Live Search which works out best for most of you?

So many rave about Poynt and I've downloaded and tried it twice.........I never can get it to work enough to satisfy me at all. It's as if it looks great but maybe I'm just missing getting used to it.

Or it's not for me. I really want to narrow down the number of Apps I have installed and sometimes, too many choices equals confusion when the situation comes up where I need something like one of these apps.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. If possible I'd like to keep the number of these navigation/search/map apps to 1 or 2.
    06-15-09 10:50 AM
    I use Sprint Nav and Google Maps. They seem to work great for everything you could possibly need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:07 PM
    for me it depends on what i am doing.
    if i am looking for a movie time i use livesearch or poynt, mostly livesearch.

everything else i just use the google website.
    06-15-09 01:48 PM
    Poynt works awesome for me! Especially since its been updated with reverse lookup and what not. I also have Google Maps too, but don't use that as much because I have a Nav program installed.
    06-15-09 01:54 PM
    Each is different in some way..... I can say from experience that Poynt, Google Maps, Sprint Nav, Google Mobile App are all worth having installed.....
    06-15-09 03:40 PM
    Poynt is amazing. With poynt and google maps you're all set.

Why can't I get it to work? What does it do?

06-15-09 08:03 PM
    Poynt is the bomb !!!! I have gokivo navigator set with poynt !! These two babies together make me wanna drive all over LA w/o a care in the world about getting lost... Absoluteley love the program !

06-16-09 07:04 AM
    Old post, but here's my input. Used to use Live Search and Poynt, but when I would run the same inquiries, Live Search would occasionally yield results that Poynt did not. I still prefer the aesthetics of Poynt, but functionally I have to go with Live Search
    12-08-09 11:24 PM
    I have my issues with poynt from time to time so I use beyond 411 as my back up.

12-09-09 01:11 AM
    i'm in the same boat as the OP. i like poynt's UI, but the app runs really slow on my phone. i actually prefer using google mobile app along with google maps. Mobile app searches for all relevant entries that are close to you (using your GPS) and because it's google, it has a lot more entires. plus the voice search feature is pretty convenient when driving
    12-09-09 02:13 AM
    Another vote for Poynt! I like how it intergrates with Contacts, and dialing/calling the search result is very convenient. The speed of the app is fine for me. Instantaneous search results would be better It would be really cool if they added a randomizer (a la UrbanSpoon) to the restaurants and movies section. I'm hoping everything works as smoothly as it does now, when they add the weather and gas prices sections in the upcoming updates.
    Last edited by HiPower; 12-09-09 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-09-09 05:14 AM
    I use Google map and Poynt. Poynt is OK, the movie, yellow page and white pages are pretty much the same as those web pages but more convenient.

Wht's missing with Poynt is restaurant reviews and cheap gas finder. Any free app provide those?
    Restaurant reviews - Try an app named "Yelp"

Gas finder - Try "WHERE"
    12-09-09 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD