Two questions, what do you guys recommend to post updates/tweets to facebook/twitter/etc.? Here's where it gets a little tricky too...I have a personal facebook page and I started my own Fan Page for business (mortgage) that I like to update with news, articles, helpful videos, etc. that I come across. For the app you use to cross-post, will it let you choose which facebook page to update? Personal vs. fan page?

Thanks!

-Tim
    04-05-12 09:35 AM
    whoops, thanks for moving to the correct forum. looking for advice on the above question if anyone has any.
    04-05-12 10:56 AM
    I'm in the same boat right now. Most of the time I simply want to cross post from my Twitter account to my Facebook Page (or vice versa) but not to my Facebook personal profile.

UberSocial is supposed to be able to post to FB Pages, but I have yet to figure how to do that.
    Hootsuite can do what we're looking for, but as far as I can tell it doesn't allow me to post pics or share links.

Any other ideas?
    04-05-12 11:41 AM
    Have you thought of using 2 different Twitter names, one for personal and one for business? You could then just use the Twitter app connection in Facebook once it's connected to the proper Twitter name. It will automatically update the status any time you tweet.
    04-05-12 12:19 PM
    Have you thought of using 2 different Twitter names, one for personal and one for business? You could then just use the Twitter app connection in Facebook once it's connected to the proper Twitter name. It will automatically update the status any time you tweet.
    The problem isn't Twitter, but Facebook Pages. I can't speak of phillsy, but I think we have the same issue.
    With Facebook Pages, you cannot connect Twitter to it (at least nothing I did worked), as in I can't make a tweet and have it post to my Page; this does work in posting to my personal profile however.
    The opposite works, I can post on my Page and link whatever I post as a tweet; but this again raises the issue about posting to FB Pages (and not personal profile) from a phone. The email method works, but is extremely clunky; Hootsuite works, but I can't attach pictures, share links, or include videos; UberSocial is supposed to support pages, but I can't get it to work...
    04-05-12 01:50 PM
    04-05-12 01:53 PM
    Ok, figured it out. Thanks for the link above, but with how fast things change, I don't think that article helps (from 2010).

Just go into your twitter account, click on settings and then profile. On the right side towards the bottom you can connect to your facebook account. after it's all set up you can choose to update the fan page and un-check the box to post to the personal page...now let's just hope it works
    04-05-12 02:39 PM
    didn't work. posted one from my phone and one from my laptop, neither tweet showed up on facebook fan page (either page, for that matter)
    04-05-12 03:30 PM
    Pillsy, ya that method doesn't work. I did that initially and it only works if I post stuff to my personal profile (pre-timeline, I can't say if it works with Timeline or not).

I believe the problem is that with Timeline (at least for a Fan Page), technically there is no "wall" and the only thing you can update is your status. Twitter's help section states that their connectivity with FB at this time cannot update Facebook "status", only wall posts. This is where I think the problem lies. I email Twitter's help desk about a week ago and haven't heard back, so I don't believe there's a solution at this point.

Thanks for the link Kerri, unfortunately Facebook changed their UI and layout after WebGuru's blog post and the options referenced by WebGuru can no longer be found. And from reading the comments, it didn't work back then either.

I'm honestly shocked that not more people run into this problem for either Twitter, FB, or a third party to resolve. Pillsy and I can't honestly be the only one to ever want to update our fan page on our phones, right?
    Last edited by FuzzyFish; 04-05-12 at 05:20 PM.
    04-05-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD