Many have been complaining of "Bricked" devices after trying to install Viigo. Please tell us what device you have and what operating system(OS) you're currently running, along with the version of Viigo you tried to install. Thank You...
    11-13-09 10:41 AM
    2 Pearl 8100 - OS 4.2 through 4.5
    Curve 8210 - OS 4.2 through 5.0
    Bold 9000 - OS 4.5 through - 5.0

Viigo versions I do not recall, but I know I tried every iteration available until
    I resigned myself to the fact that the app was one of the most over-hyped,
    useless and and phone killing things ever made.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/rea...e-viigo-87676/
    11-13-09 11:13 AM
    How can it brick your phone?
    11-13-09 12:55 PM
    Most useless program ever for Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 02:49 PM
    I had no bricking, but Viigo lasted less than a day due to battery and memory issues.

I do not think CrackBerry should recommend Viigo to new BB users in more than one BlackBerry 101 lecture. Somebody who is new to BB could end up with problems he will not know how to fix thanks to reading that stuff and trying Viigo. New BB users will not know how to restore a bricked BB or prevent memory problems.
    11-13-09 03:07 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I want people to be aware of the issues. I've been seeing more and more 'bricked' devices from members who try to install the application, figured I would make a thread just to see how many have been affected. Please keep the comments coming...
    11-13-09 03:11 PM
    Well actually, I am happy with Viigo on my 8800. The only exceptions are the unhappy facebook errors that I have asked for help with in separate threads, and its alert feature is rather pants.

I originally installed Viigo for its free weather reports, which I really liked because they are visually clean and sufficiently detailed.

I now use it for news because its much faster than a browser. The battery use is not significant.

I'm looking forward to trying out the flights and finance features in the future, both are idle at the moment due to bad economy - ahaha

Would love to fix the problems found, but I guess it depends on what you plan to use Viigo for? Maybe people with negative experiences could say more about their hopes and Viigo's failure to meet them?

11-13-09 03:45 PM
    Never a problem,

4.6 .250
    11-13-09 05:17 PM
    It bricked mine twice:
    tour 4.7 os
    tour 5.0 os

I will never download it again, not worth the effort of wiping and reinstalling my os
    11-13-09 06:54 PM
    never had any problems.....only alot of lag....but other than that its ok.....OS 5.0.0.230
    11-13-09 06:55 PM
    When I had my 8820 it dragged it down for memory, battery and it seemed to always freeze it. I tried 3 separate times as it was suppose top be getting faster and better and each time I had to delete it.

When I got my 8900 I tried again and I was almost surprised by how little problem I had. I even started leaving it on during the day as it was running so smooth.

11-13-09 07:03 PM
    Judging from the above posts, all risk of bricking seems to coincide with some bad luck during an OTA install. Perhaps a ALX install is more appropriate?

I think mine was an ALX install.
    11-14-09 12:26 AM
    I had installed viigo twice on my 8310 but it just used to much memory. I woke up twice with the white screen 505. I just pulled the battery and put it back in and when it booted up I deleted viigo. Now I have the 8900 and decided not to download viigo.
    11-15-09 12:18 PM
    Oh, forgot to say I was using OS 4.5>
    11-15-09 12:21 PM
    I resigned myself to the fact that the app was one of the most over-hyped, useless and and phone killing things ever made
    This is not an uncommon observation. I used Viigo for a few days awhile back and got rid of it for the same reasons.

You'd think a company getting this much bad press would fix their product.

I could never recommend this product to anyone.
    11-15-09 01:47 PM
    Just had my Tour Bricked tonight. I was installing Viigo after reading the Crackberry.com homepage "PCMag's Top 20 Free BlackBerry Apps", the article gave Viigo glowing reviews. Unfortunately the author failed to mention that this "freeware" will come with a small price, and that is bricking your Tour.

I'm running the latest Official Verizon OS for the Tour and I downloaded the Viigo app from the Blackberry App World.

Be forewarned I would have avoided this app like the plague if I had known of this issue.
    12-01-09 10:00 PM
    This is not an uncommon observation. I used Viigo for a few days awhile back and got rid of it for the same reasons.

You'd think a company getting this much bad press would fix their product.

I could never recommend this product to anyone.
    I'm really surprised at the number of negative opinions in this thread (not to say they aren't warranted for you) as I've never had any issues with Viigo. I'd say that I actually use Viigo more than most of my other apps combined and have never had any real issues with it, although it is a bit of a memory hog with devices with low memory to begin with (my Curve 8310 had this problem).
    12-01-09 11:58 PM
    First app I installed when I got my Tour. Has worked perfect since day one even after updating to newest Verizon OS a couple days ago. Only app I use that has no lag. Every other app I use have had everything from minor problems (Facebook) to major problems (Bolt, Opera Mini 5).
    12-02-09 08:35 PM
    YES!!!! This just happened to me yesterday. Is there a way to backup my addressbook and messages? I was able to save my 3rd party apps using BBSAK.
    12-05-09 09:21 AM
    Tour on OS 4.7.1.40 at the time. Error 552 on two or three attempts. Did a BBSAK, installed Viigo first THEN all my other stuff and it worked. Ran it once or twice, saw what a memory hog it was relative to how little it actually did, and promptly deleted it.
    12-05-09 09:46 AM
    Have had Viigo on my HTC S620 (Dash), the TyTN (8525), on the BlackJack. All WinMo. Then on the 8900, 8700, and the 9700. Worked well on each, save for on the 8900 when the older versions weren't 5.0 compatible. Never bricked my phone though. Its a nice, but big program.

12-05-09 11:44 AM
    Have not had a problem with Viigo on OS 5.0.0.230 and I installed it twice.

Also, I think it's far from a useless app.. only app I know of that can import RSS feeds from Google Reader.
    12-27-09 09:31 PM
    i use viigo starting from my 8830, then on my Bold 9000 and now on at&t 9700, no problem at all, i get addicted on this app and cant live without, this is my most use application, especially in the mornings with my cup of coffee
    12-27-09 10:51 PM
    Update to earlier post!

Happy to say that I have installed viigo on my 8900 curve OS 4.6 and it is working just fine.
    01-02-10 12:58 PM
    I've been using Viigo for months and it works perfect. Does everyone go into options and select 'close program on exit' ??? otherwise this application will stay open and be consistently updating... which would affect battery and memory. Oh, and theres a recent update available thru app world.
    01-03-10 11:25 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD