For those of you who have taken the dive already and found out apps that do not work in os6 please post them here with the version you had to help people make a decision prior to taking the plunge.
    Last edited by LrdAnkh; 01-02-11 at 02:41 PM.
    Fit24 likes this.
    01-01-11 11:05 PM
    SPB TV doesn't display video in OS6.

Then again, that app hasn't been updated since November of 2009.
    01-01-11 11:31 PM
    All of my apps work fine with BB6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 11:42 PM
    This might be worth a read for anyone who hasn't:
    Updating to OS6 and want everything to work? Read this first...

Just in case there's anyone who didn't take measures before upgrading.

LrdAnkh likes this.
    01-02-11 01:36 AM
    Great post thank you.
    01-02-11 11:40 AM
    This might be worth a read for anyone who hasn't:
    Updating to OS6 and want everything to work? Read this first...

Just in case there's anyone who didn't take measures before upgrading.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect, my enthusiasm for all things BlackBerry has weened over the last year and I haven't stayed on top of the unofficial OS6 world. The post that you link to, that would be helpful to those who want to put OS6 on a device who's provider does not yet support OS6, no? Hence, the need for saving service books that the provider does indeed support? I don't see how that would help with applications that are not working on OS6, which is what the OP was inquiring. Again, please pardon me if I am wrong, but if you are on Sprint with an official OS6 release, you'd be best to use the most up-to-date service books and wait for the application to catch up to the OS version, right?
    01-02-11 02:02 PM
    • INGDirect Mobile Banking
    • Caller ID apps don't work consistently with Wifi - PrivacyStar, Mr. Number, Privus Mobile
    • Visual Arts Wallpaper Changer - cannot activate license
    01-02-11 02:34 PM
    Forgive me if I'm incorrect, my enthusiasm for all things BlackBerry has weened over the last year and I haven't stayed on top of the unofficial OS6 world. The post that you link to, that would be helpful to those who want to put OS6 on a device who's provider does not yet support OS6, no? Hence, the need for saving service books that the provider does indeed support? I don't see how that would help with applications that are not working on OS6, which is what the OP was inquiring. Again, please pardon me if I am wrong, but if you are on Sprint with an official OS6 release, you'd be best to use the most up-to-date service books and wait for the application to catch up to the OS version, right?
    No you are absolutely correct. The link refers to nothing the OP was asking about. It's not just you! LOL

The service book issue is solved for Sprint and Verizon users. You can upgrade and get new service books with no problem. That post was for the leaked OSes.....
    01-02-11 03:23 PM
    Vlingo and Grooveshark. I'm not going back to OS 6 until these are compatible.

01-02-11 05:48 PM
    Wells Fargo Mobile Banking doesn't support BB6 (yet).

01-02-11 05:54 PM
    It seems that most banking apps are having trouble then.
    01-02-11 06:54 PM
    Vlingo and Grooveshark. I'm not going back to OS 6 until these are compatible.
    I have Vlingo 4.5.4 on OS 6 and it works perfectly.
    01-03-11 07:08 AM
    Really? When I would place the cursor over words that Vlingo selected, I was not given alternatives as I should be. You have not experienced this?

01-03-11 09:10 AM
    Weather Channel 2.0 works rarely. Keep getting a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error and their tech support is totally trash
    01-03-11 12:55 PM
    flashlight app isnt working for me by jaredco, i checked the permissions and it still wont work.

oh, and my battery is draining so incredibly fast now, what gives.
    01-03-11 02:50 PM
    Running 6.0.0.415 on 9650 and can't get BerryBuzz or Quick Pull to open.
    "Error starting (app name): Error loading module '(app name)'VerifyError.
    01-03-11 05:27 PM
    I'm running the latest sprint os6 and shazam won't work for me. Oh and bb appworld tells me its unavailable for my phone

01-04-11 04:57 AM
    Gmail - the app, not the plugin. (No, I don't want to use the plugin).

The keyboard shortcuts don't work. I can't search mail anymore - when I click on Search, it hangs, then there's an error message, and then the app crashes. I tried sending mail and it sent two copies.

I hope they're going to fix it.
    01-04-11 01:42 PM
    BerryBuzz works fine with OS6 on mine. Check to see that you have the right version.

01-04-11 08:03 PM
    Bank Of America app doesn't work either. Seems the banking world hasn't caught on yet...

No problems with BerryBuzz or BerryWeather

I still hate BING! I downloaded the Google app and it works like it should!
    01-04-11 08:50 PM
    Gmail - the app, not the plugin. (No, I don't want to use the plugin).

The keyboard shortcuts don't work. I can't search mail anymore - when I click on Search, it hangs, then there's an error message, and then the app crashes. I tried sending mail and it sent two copies.

I hope they're going to fix it.
    I have the same Search hang with Gmail.

No problems with BerryBuzz or BerryWeather either.
    01-05-11 06:15 AM
    Also, weather.com doesn't work through the browser
    01-05-11 12:22 PM
    Addias miCoach, LinkedIn, aiSpot, and Canadian ones - Canadian Living, and Food Network Canada.
    01-05-11 12:27 PM
    Ubertwitter works, but in the main timeline the highlighter gets stuck on the ad so when you click the trackpad the ad opens up in the browser. Actually have to go to user to click a link in their tweet or retweet, etc.
    Also my berrybuzz works except for the missed call alert. I have it set to make a noise every 2 minutes and flash a purple light every 5 seconds, and since I moved to 6.0 that function has not worked. Appears every other function works though.
    01-05-11 12:58 PM
    Ubertwitter works, but in the main timeline the highlighter gets stuck on the ad so when you click the trackpad the ad opens up in the browser. Actually have to go to user to click a link in their tweet or retweet, etc.
    Dunno if this is the same thing you're describing, but I noticed on OS 6 that when I go back to Ubertwitter the blue highlight bar is missing. To get it back, I press space which shows the blue bar on the last tweet I read. Then I press t to go to the top and then I can scroll the bar down with the trackpad.
    robbi24r likes this.
    01-05-11 01:20 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD