Background:
    I'm the crackberry type of guy that thinks that the whole WORLD should have Blackberrys! No exception! I just love annoying people and telling them what a wonderful device any Blackberry is.
    My latest victim is my father! He was a big fan of Samsung, expecially Samsung D900. The only thing that annoyed him on that phone, was the inability of the phone software to increase the size of the font! That's where i got him hooked!
    Bought him a Blackberry Pearl Flip (because I'm a really great son ) because it's the best phone for people who have eye sight problems, therefore cannot type on keyboards with tiny buttons (like the Curve, Bold, etc) also it bypasses the holster/keylocking problem.

The Deal Breaker:
    Samsung was the first (and I think it is still the only) mobile phone manufacturer to think of the possibility of password locking specific stuff on the phone. They were the first ones that thought like normal people and tackled a very specific problem: Anyone can pick up anyone's phone, and go through it and learn anything and everything personal about the phone's owner. Therefore Samsung came up with the possibility of putting a password on SMS/MMS messages, Gallery, Phone Log, etc.

The only one my father used was the password locking of SMS messages.

The Question:
    Is there a way in Blackberry heaven to password lock ONLY the Messages without locking the whole phone?
    (Because locking the whole phone, and unlocking it every time you have to use it is a pain in the ***)
    If yes Please let me know as soon as possible!
    If there is an app for it, I would gladly pay 20$ for it, if not more!
    If there is no app for it someone PLEASE MAKE IT !!!! (ASAP)

Thank you
    06-01-09 07:47 PM
    Hmm, yes there is one actually. I think its around $9.99 and you choose which software on lock. I forgot the name, but don't worry someone will reply with the name.
    Actually I think its called 'Safebox'

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:28 PM
    yep its called Safebox and is in the crackberry app store

i use it and its great u can lock media messages whatever u want
    06-03-09 07:32 AM
    Safebox yes it is love it.
    Last edited by Threefive; 06-03-09 at 07:42 AM.
    06-03-09 07:33 AM
    There seems to be a new app coming out called AppLock I believe search on the forum if interested

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD