Hi, all.

I'm having a problem over here with my 9700. I have a jillion apps and have had really good battery life up until Monday. Typically, I leave work at 3 with 80% or more on my battery. Monday, I had 60% at 3, with less than typical use. Additionally, when I leave school at 3 I begin to use my phone heavily and have been down to 10% by 7 o'clock.

I have Facebook, Twitter (not set to automatically update, hardly use it once a week), QSMS, BerryWeather (updates every three hours), CB Launcher, BlackBerry Maps launcher (used only once), Gmail, Google Maps, Google Sync (set to manual only), GPS Tracker (installed, not yet even opened), Kisses, I Love BlackBerry, Opera Mini (only out of curiosity, never use it), BerryBuzz, Color ID Lite, Poynt, Youmail, and AppWorld. I do not have BBM installed. I suspect that the battery drain culprit is Color ID Lite, but I'm not certain. Anyone have any ideas? It wouldn't be such a problem but my car charger thingy broke off IN the little lighter hole so I'm restricted to charging via wall until I get it fixed.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I am on .405 and charge nightly regardless of what I have at the end of the evening.

Thanks for reading such a lengthy message!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 10:13 PM
    It could be berrybuzz also, I see that you have color Id to. Berrybuzz and color id do the samething. I know color id can specifically change the led for certain contacts but deleting one will help with memory also. If your not leaving any other apps open like google maps, I would suggest its either berrybuzz or color id lite.
    04-08-10 12:19 AM
    GPS location set to off?
    04-08-10 04:37 AM
    I do have GPS set to "location off." I'm not sure how BerryWeather "knows" where I am - cell towers? I was hoping it wasn't. ColorID or BerryBuzz; I like those ones! I'll give it a test today w/o ColorID and see if it doesn't improve. Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 05:05 AM
    I wanted to follow up and let others know what happened. I went a day without ColorID Lite and my battery life was back to normal. I was at 80% when I left school, which was about where I was daily prior to adding that app. I'm kinda bummed, because I love having the disco lights, but I guess that's the way it goes. I do still have BerryBuzz on, and it's working, so I am fairly certain that I've isolated the responsibility for the battery drain to ColorID Lite.
    04-09-10 11:56 AM
    I'm kinda bummed, because I love having the disco lights, but I guess that's the way it goes.
    BerryBuzz was just updated today. It allows you to specify notifications for certain contacts. It also has about 10 different disco options.
    04-09-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD