A question to everyone.... how many of you would be interested in an app that lets you use your BlackBerry as a mouse/keyboard for your PC?

I think it'd be interesting for me to try coding, and though I can definitely see that an app like this would have somewhat limited usefulness, I can also see places where it could be useful.

Proposed connection methods:
    -USB Cable
    -Bluetooth (requires Bluetooth capability on PC)
    -Internet (requires Internet access on PC)

Just to clarify, this would not actually display the PC's screen on the phone a la VNC/Remote Desktop. (Though I've been wanting to try writing a VNC client for BlackBerry, but that'll be much later if ever)

If you would be interested in an app like this, would you be willing to pay $1.99-$2.99 for it?

Thanks!
    09-03-09 02:37 AM
    Already exists. MobiMouse is a paid app. BluCntrl(I think that's how to spell it) is free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 03:22 AM
    Mobimouse is great.

09-03-09 03:31 AM
    Wap edit:

Mobimouse supports wifi/bluetooth/usb. Bluctrl only supports bluetooth.

09-03-09 03:34 AM
    -_-

Crap, why couldn't I find mobimouse while searching?

Oh well, I'll look for something else to do then.
    09-03-09 03:05 PM
    How about using the BB keyboard for iPhone input?

j/k haha
    09-03-09 03:15 PM
    Just google mobimouse

09-03-09 04:52 PM
    I'm trying out VNC+, it's not free, but I heard it's faster.
    09-04-09 10:22 PM
    I don't see how using your phone as a mouse would benefit any?

09-04-09 11:12 PM
    Presentations, media, the list goes on.

09-05-09 10:51 AM
    A question to everyone.... how many of you would be interested in an app that lets you use your BlackBerry as a mouse/keyboard for your PC?

I think it'd be interesting for me to try coding, and though I can definitely see that an app like this would have somewhat limited usefulness, I can also see places where it could be useful.

Proposed connection methods:
    -USB Cable
    -Bluetooth (requires Bluetooth capability on PC)
    -Internet (requires Internet access on PC)

Just to clarify, this would not actually display the PC's screen on the phone a la VNC/Remote Desktop. (Though I've been wanting to try writing a VNC client for BlackBerry, but that'll be much later if ever)

If you would be interested in an app like this, would you be willing to pay $1.99-$2.99 for it?

Thanks!
    While there are several apps available for Windows there none for Mac to meet these need. I have been looking for one for months and I'm yet to find out. I've read a lot of other forums so I know that there is a big demand for an app like mobimouse for Mac. Perhaps you'll be able to create the first.
    09-20-09 11:25 PM
    While there are several apps available for Windows there none for Mac to meet these need. I have been looking for one for months and I'm yet to find out. I've read a lot of other forums so I know that there is a big demand for an app like mobimouse for Mac. Perhaps you'll be able to create the first.
    09-20-09 11:26 PM
    I used my sony ericson phone to control my Mac via bluetooth years ago, I forgot which program it was, i don't think it was mobilmouse, I may even still have it loaded on my old phone.

I used to use it at least 5 years ago, so I don't know if the program is still available or not.

Sorry, I'm not much help, but I do know that there may still be a program out there for your phone to control your Mac - I think I got it from one of my old Mac magazines that had a CD inside with shareware apps.

It was really great for watching movies and other things, but I just use the included remote for movies now.
    09-21-09 12:11 AM
    We need one for Mac!

09-21-09 12:16 AM
    I used my sony ericson phone to control my Mac via bluetooth years ago with Sailing Clicker for the Mac.

Salling Clicker 3.5 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

I think I got it from one of my old Mac magazines that had a CD inside with shareware apps.

It was really great for watching movies and other things, but I just use the included remote for movies now.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be compatible with BB OS. I didn't search to deeply, but there may be something out there. If not, would be a nice opportunity for a nice app.
    09-21-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD