Does anyone know if this is possible? If so how hard/time consuming would it be?
    01-26-09 11:56 AM
    iphone is coded in C or maybe C++ I don't remember. Blackberry applications are coded in Java...it would be a nightmare and it would be easier to start from scratch
    01-26-09 11:59 AM
    phikai might be right... it might be easier to just start from scratch. However, it depends on what the level of complexity is of your iphone app. Some of mine are pretty simple apps that I'm considering converting.

iPhone apps are written in Objective-C using Apple's xCode tool (which is great BTW) and the Interface Builder program.

For lightweight programs it might not be too tough, but if you have something that uses a lot of iPhone specific classes (picker wheel, etc.) you might be better of building it from zero.

Good luck! BTW, if you have an ipod or iphone in addition to your BB, try my apps
    10-05-09 04:29 PM
    phikai might be right... it might be easier to just start from scratch. However, it depends on what the level of complexity is of your iphone app. Some of mine are pretty simple apps that I'm considering converting.

iPhone apps are written in Objective-C using Apple's xCode tool (which is great BTW) and the Interface Builder program.

For lightweight programs it might not be too tough, but if you have something that uses a lot of iPhone specific classes (picker wheel, etc.) you might be better of building it from zero.

Good luck! BTW, if you have an ipod or iphone in addition to your BB, try my apps
    Wow your first post you bump a 9 month old thread? Not only did you bump an old thread you're also self advertising which is not allowed on crackberry unless you go through the crackberry store.
    10-05-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD