Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2

View Poll Results: Would you download this application?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i would download this app

51 80.95%
  • No i would not download this app

12 19.05%
11-20-10 06:40 PM
38 12
tools
    i am going to try to head up a campaign to get the company GotPlanS, LLC to consider making an app for blackberry users. and i want some statistics to present to them. i would like to know if an application like this is something you would download. Here is their website Disneyland Planner with pics and info etc on it. it may say that it may harm your computer but it is the official site for the app so i do not believe that there is a problem. i have gone to the site alot and no problems so far. Below are some details of the app for the iphone.

Key Features :

* Customizable color-coded, to-scale and zoomable map of Disneyland Park with GPS*
    * Create your own check-offable list of attractions to visit
    * View available attraction wait times
    * Set and receive alerts when attraction wait times drop below your settings
    * View park hours, event schedules, attraction closures and passholder blockout dates
    * Calendar events, FASTPASS return times and Disneyland Park restaurant reservations to your calendar
    * Receive reminders for items on your personalized calendar
    * Browse attractions, dining, menus, snack carts and shopping information for more than 180 points of interest
    * Record where you parked
    * Create your own check-offable gift list
    * Record a personalized, emailable account of your Disneyland experience to share with friends and family

Map Features:

* Customizable color-coded, to-scale and zoomable
    * GPS capabilities* allow you to see where you are within the park as well as nearby attractions, food and shopping
    * View attractions on your To-Visit or Favorites list with color-coded circles for the most popular attractions reflecting reported wait times (when available); a check-mark in the circle indicates you have visited the attraction
    * View restrooms, ATMs, lockers and other key locations
    * Tap any circle on the Map to view a point-of-interest name
    * Pinpoint locations of more than 180 points of interest, including snack carts
    * Option to view all attractions, dining and/or shopping areas at once

To-Visit List Features:

* Easily create a check-offable To-Visit list from the list of attractions or from your customized list of favorites (detailed below)
    * Simply add an attraction to, or remove an attraction from, your To-Visit list with a single touch
    * Quickly track your To-Visit list progress by glancing at the red counter appearing next to the To-Visit icon in the bottom tray

Hours & Events and My Calendar Features:

* View Disneyland hours and special event schedules up to several weeks in advance
    * Add events, FASTPASS return times and Disneyland Park restaurant reservations to your personal My Calendar, even for multiple days.
    * View passholder blockout dates

Reminders and Alerts Features:

* Receive pop-up reminders for upcoming events, FASTPASS return times and Disneyland Park restaurant reservations on your My Calendar
    * Set and receive pop-up alerts when reported wait times for attractions you choose drop below your settings

Attraction Information Features:

* View reported wait times for the most popular attractions (when available)
    * View attractions by type, land, name, most popular, or those that offer FASTPASS
    * View attraction details, including thumbnail photos, locations, descriptions, insider’s tips and height restrictions
    * View closed attractions
    * Add attractions to your To-Visit or My Favorites list with a single touch

Food and Drink Information Features:

* View snacks by type or land
    * View dining by name, type, land, or price range
    * View refreshments by type
    * View dining details, including general types of food offered
    * View full restaurant menus, including children’s menus
    * Pinpoint the location of any restaurant or snack cart on the Map
    * Make reservations for select Disneyland Park restaurants and add reservation information to your My Calendar
    * Search restaurants by types of food

Shopping Information Features:

* View shops by name, land, or category type
    * Pinpoint the location of any shop on the Map

My Experience Features:

* Attractions checked off your To-Visit list are automatically added to a personalized summary of your experience at Disneyland
    * Record notes about attractions and your experience
    * Share your experience with friends and family via email

My Gift List Features:

* Easily create a check-offable gift list, including your notes

i-Parked Features:

* Record where you parked to easily find your car when you leave Disneyland

My Locker Features:

* Reload your locker number and combination for easy reference.

Bonus Features:

* Customize icons in the lower tab bar for quick access to your favorite features
    * View integrated FAQs to get quick answers to your questions
    * Share feedback directly within the app to help improve future versions
    * Your ability to make a positive contribution to the Disneyland community by sharing your own wait time experiences in GotPlanS Disneyland Park Planner
    Last edited by skrach; 06-28-09 at 05:54 PM. Reason: i added photos
    06-28-09 05:42 PM
    you can view the first thread that i made about this here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/di...me-app-256207/
    06-28-09 05:47 PM
    Yes! This would be nice to have when we go to LAND!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 07:11 PM
    My family and I are headed to WDW in August, this would be unbelievable.
    06-28-09 09:01 PM
    if anyone has any other options or functions that you wish this program had please post them so i can make suggestions once i get ahold of them
    06-29-09 12:23 AM
    the only other option I would like to see, is a finished product ASAP
    06-29-09 12:34 AM
    wow that looks like a cool app maybe they could make that and also apps for other theme parks also such as kings island etc
    06-29-09 12:57 AM
    I just got back from disneyland and was actually wondering if there was an app out there. How ironic? I would download it.
    06-29-09 02:59 AM
    My family are Disney nuts. We would jump on something like this.
    06-29-09 08:51 AM
    If I were to go to DisneyWorld again, which I'm sure I may[ROADTRIPPPPP], then I would definitely download this app if it were available on the Storm!
    06-29-09 10:56 AM
    Since this app depends on user input to get waiting times it seems to be rather useless for that. When it comes to set reminders for fastpass and such, why not just set an alarm? The food and drink part of it would be the only thing I could see me using.
    06-29-09 11:27 AM
    i agree that he results are a little inaccurate. but what else do you do while waiting in line? this would give you one more thing to entertain yourself with. what i like about this app is that you can see where all the food places are even churro stands. im going in july and i already know how much this would help me. everyones disneyland vacations styles are different so this app may not seem to be much help to you, but i think that if they start with disneyland, and walt disney world, that they can gravitate to non disney parks. such as great america, six flags, magic mountain, busch gardens, santa cruz etc. i see this being a foot print in what we can see in the future as the norm. most people write on their maps to show what they covered in the park and i think that you would rather use your phone to keep track of this information. i know i will get different opinions and i appreciate both sides. these opinions are what developers wanna know before they develop programs. thanks guys. keep voting!
    06-29-09 03:21 PM
    Wouldn't the point of this app be so I don't have to wait in line? I rather keep my shiny BB packed away nice and save instead of flashing it around to find the next churro stand just to get it snatched by some a*& hole and if you can't remember what attraction you have covered in the park within the last few hours you probably don't have the brain power to use a Blackberry either. I go to Disney, Universal, etc a few times a year (I live in South Fl), just got back a few days ago from Buschgardens and so far the paper maps you find everywhere in the parks have served me well to find my way around with no problem. Besides that, I use the time at the park to not use my BB all the time. I can't imagine what my wife would say if I start pulling out my phone every few minutes to check a ride or find a food stand.
    As nice as this app looks, I think it would be more hassle than help. Just my opinion.
    06-29-09 06:23 PM
    i agree to some extent. this is why i wanted a poll and a forum so i can address these with either developers of my choice and or the company that made the gotplans app. there are upsides and downsides.
    06-30-09 01:48 AM
    Disney and Verizon have announced that they are creating an app just for verizon customers back in November. Do a google search for Disney and Verizon.

06-30-09 04:17 AM
    i asked a manager at the verizon store near my house. he said he never even heard anything or read anything about them making an app like that. but you can get articles online about it lol. what i am thinking is that we need to take things into our own hands. any developers that would like to help me develop this app please let me know, i can give you the concept idea on how it should work. but im far from being a programmer lol.
    06-30-09 07:33 PM
    Hopefully an app will be available by the time I go to Disney World.
    06-30-09 09:17 PM
    im going in july, i wish i could have something for then. but hopefully either s developer will contact me or the company that made the iphone app will call me.
    07-01-09 01:39 PM
    i got a reply back from the gotplans llc company. here is what they wrote:

Douglas, thank you for the question. We've had many people ask us about this. We are currently focused on refining the app for the iPhone but will consider trying to move it to other platforms sooner than later. It is not a simple process, unfortunately.

We have a new spectacular map and a lot of other new features coming soon that should really take the app to another level. I would definitely take what's coming over the competing apps that are popping up.

If we move forward with the Blackberry edition, I will let you know. Please keep me posted on how the poll numbers come out!

Regards,
    Scott
    GotPlanS, LLC
    07-01-09 11:41 PM
    Until they do create this app you can always go to RideMax and create a paper version that works nice.
    07-01-09 11:59 PM
    please vote on the poll if you havent already. they would like to know the results of the poll.
    07-10-09 02:51 AM
    anyone going to disneyland the last week of july?
    07-13-09 06:10 PM
    Headed to world on thursday would use it

07-13-09 06:14 PM
    just 5 days left for the poll anyone else want to add their vote please do so with in the next 5 days. thanks
    07-15-09 02:09 AM
    My family Loves Disney. We've been to 3 of the Disney parks something like this would be great to have. when will the App be finished.
    07-15-09 02:26 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD