i dont see the option for NOAA weather radio..where is it?
    07-25-09 01:12 AM
    Should be the first screen that you see... As soon as you start the app... it will give you two choices: Police and Fire scanners or Weather radio
    07-25-09 04:39 AM
    nope it doesnt
    07-25-09 06:01 AM
    nope it doesnt
    Mine has it too. Are you sure you have the most up to date version? best bet is to delete it off the Blackberry, and then visit ota.bbscanner.com and download ver 5.2.1
    07-25-09 02:51 PM
    I wouldn't mind listening to what the police were up to when I'm bored. Could be interesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 11:28 PM
    Not exactly a "scanner" but the Trapster that has been mentioned is cool for speed traps--I use it whenever I drive
    07-25-09 11:45 PM
    nope it doesnt
    It's because they update quite often. When I was at the page they had a new version for almost everyday this week.

Also, everyone without the app (bbscanner), it allows you a two week free period than there is a $2.99 charge for uninterrupted service. I think if you don't purchase it the police scanner option is only available in 10 min increments. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is what I saw when I visited the web page.

Just curious, my friend has a blackberry on AT&T I think, and has an app that shows police locations around town on a map. It's great for speed traps, etc. Does anyone know what this app is and if you can get it on 8350i?
    07-27-09 06:19 PM
    The app you are talking about is called trapster and I belive it does work for the 8350i.

07-27-09 07:05 PM
    no longer free. you have to pay for it after the trial.
    07-27-09 07:10 PM
    I love it... its great sitting at work and listening to the Detroit Police go at it all day. Drug busts and all. Makes for a great day of work!
    07-27-09 07:10 PM
    If you go back to the old version somehow is that still free?

07-27-09 08:40 PM
    Here you go. US, Canada, Australia, Germany.....all in one app

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/be...-4-4-a-263488/

Works like a charm!
    07-28-09 06:18 PM
    There is an application out there. Its called Trapster. On blackberry app world, it can be locaed there or on the internet. If your internal GPS for your BB works, then the app will work as well. But if not, then the application will not function correctly.
    07-31-09 10:17 AM
    How would you suggest that would work? A cell phone is not capable of monitoring any frequencies outside of the "cellular band" (roughly 890-960MHz for GSM). You would need to buy a police scanner to monitor police frequencies.
    That's not true. How can we listen to radio on cell phones? The iPhone has one where you can monitor police frequencies. The app would probably broadcast ones that are online, hence why you can only get metropolitan scanners online.

11-25-09 03:52 PM
    The BB scanner is located in the free app directory of CB! Just go to the list and I believe its in the top 5 apps.

11-25-09 03:58 PM
    That's not true. How can we listen to radio on cell phones? The iPhone has one where you can monitor police frequencies. The app would probably broadcast ones that are online, hence why you can only get metropolitan scanners online.

That is true. The phone operates within a fixed frequency range. When your listening to radio, it is being streamed to your phone. You are not receiving the actual frequency on the phone like on an actual radio or stereo. Also because it is being streamed, there is a delay.

As far as listening to police on the phone, the app is more than likely linked to RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference. They are the largest police scanner site on the web with a huge source of online scanners being streamed. There is no possible way as of yet where you can have a "true" scanner on your cell. I mean you cant program your own frequencies into the phone like with a regular scanner..

I am a member of their site also and have been into scanners for 20 years plus. Wow now I feel very old lol
    Last edited by dave3825us; 11-26-09 at 09:46 AM.
    11-26-09 09:43 AM
    That is true. The phone operates within a fixed frequency range. When your listening to radio, it is being streamed to your phone. You are not receiving the actual frequency on the phone like on an actual radio or stereo. Also because it is being streamed, there is a delay.

As far as listening to police on the phone, the app is more than likely linked to RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference. They are the largest police scanner site on the web with a huge source of online scanners being streamed. There is no possible way as of yet where you can have a "true" scanner on your cell. I mean you cant program your own frequencies into the phone like with a regular scanner..

I am a member of their site also and have been into scanners for 20 years plus. Wow now I feel very old lol
    I use m.moodio.fm -- requires an account to use, but you can search in their scanner subject. If you can't find the city/county scanner you'd want to hear, and can provide a direct link to that broadcast you can add it as a station. The only bad thing is it's not an app and on my 8520 you can run it in the background. Just hit the end key instead of closing the app and it'll run but you can't leave the page because it opens up the media player from the blackberry browser.
    11-30-09 07:35 PM
    Goto BBScanner.com, its great I have one on my Bold and hear it all!!!! The free version gives u only up to 5 mins of listening time, but for $4.99 you get unlimited listening its great!!! very worth the price
    01-23-10 05:26 PM
    Try this site. Go to the bottom and see if your town is one that has a downfeed. It downloads a module to your computer or phone. I liste nto mine alot on the computer and my Storm2.
    http://www.police-scanner.info/live-police-scanners.htm
    04-09-10 06:08 AM
    Therr is such an app. You can find it and download OTA from Blackberry App world. If yo have the Icon on your berry your half a step away if not u need to download the app world first then search for scanner radio. Its a free trial but very worth it. And I plan on payin the five bucks a month to have such a cool feature. Imagine walkin into a bank, grocery store, school, or work and your phone in your shirt pocket or purse and all others hear are codes and street names as if your an officer how cool. But to kerep it real it saves hundreds of bucks on an actual scanner. How convenient and how lovely that technology is ever expanding. ENJOY
    04-09-10 12:41 PM
    Here you go. US, Canada, Australia, Germany.....all in one app

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/be...-4-4-a-263488/

Works like a charm!
    I tried to use this last night. I happen to see it in the store and downloaded the trail and it wouldn't connect to anything. I would also get a white reset screen and than the device would reset itself.
    05-11-10 10:30 AM
    BBScanner.com free trial. It works pretty good too.
    11-04-10 12:46 PM
    BB Scanner, awesome app, I believe its a one time fee of like 4 bucks. Well worth the money. It runs off of the Scan America feed you get online on the website.

11-04-10 05:22 PM
    11-04-10 06:23 PM
    I know this thread has been around a long time, but I use ScannerRadio (can't post a link 'cuz I'm a newbie) and absolutely love it. You can find it in App World It isn't free but it's only $4.99. My favorite feature is a sleep timer so you don't run your battery all the way down.

The feeds all come from radioreference.com which I listen to on my PC.

Hopefully this is helpful for someone else.
    12-19-10 12:49 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD