I am in search of an app that is a police scanner. i dont know if one exists, but if it out there could you show me the light!!! thanks
    03-14-09 05:01 PM
    I have not seen one anywhere. Or, heard of anyone developing one.
    03-14-09 05:04 PM
    well maybe someone should. im just a concerned citizen that wants to know what the police are up to. and what my neighbors did to have the police roll through my 'hood.
    03-14-09 05:07 PM
    well maybe someone should. im just a concerned citizen that wants to know what the police are up to. and what my neighbors did to have the police roll through my 'hood.
    I hear you. It would be a pretty cool app; I am not sure how it would work however. Of course, this is why I do not develop themes.
    03-14-09 05:25 PM
    How would you suggest that would work? A cell phone is not capable of monitoring any frequencies outside of the "cellular band" (roughly 890-960MHz for GSM). You would need to buy a police scanner to monitor police frequencies.
    03-14-09 05:30 PM
    You might want to see if there's any web based scanner pages for whatever you want to listen to. They might run on one of the many available browsers ( Opera, BB and Bolt ). Otherwise I'm pretty confident saying you cant receive any band of frequencies other than cellular with your Blackberry.
    03-14-09 05:32 PM
    I hear you. It would be a pretty cool app; I am not sure how it would work however. Of course, this is why I do not develop themes.

there are currently police scanners on the net right now, someone is taking the radio signal and broadcasting them online. most major cities and suburban areas around them you can already get on line. you would just have to know your localities freq. and punch it in and get the scanner off of your carriers network just like any other information you download. it would have to be streaming though. anyways awesome idea if anyone can get it done or find it..
    03-14-09 05:39 PM
    You might want to see if there's any web based scanner pages for whatever you want to listen to. They might run on one of the many available browsers ( Opera, BB and Bolt ). Otherwise I'm pretty confident saying you cant receive any band of frequencies other than cellular with your Blackberry.
    there are, this is why an app might work. im not suggesting that the phone actually tune in. just electronically over the web.
    03-14-09 05:50 PM
    I use police radio scanner URLs with BerryTunes ,the tricky part is finding your local URLs.
    My locals - HRConnect
    Last edited by Slingbox; 03-14-09 at 06:35 PM.
    03-14-09 05:54 PM
    Maybe they gave a nun a black eye. Okay sorry... not likely that a police scanner will work on a BB (or any cell phone). The frequency is all wrong. Spring for a police scanner.
    03-14-09 06:10 PM

not an app, but a cool site;
    ScanAmerica: Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners

03-14-09 06:13 PM
    i know theres programs out there like bb slacker that you can connect to various on line streaming pd fd and ems frequncies
    03-15-09 06:48 PM

not an app, but a cool site;
    ScanAmerica: Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners

I stream my dept thru this site and I have the 3rd party application that works on my curve. Works well......
    03-15-09 06:52 PM
    I agree, this would be a very cool. There is an app that is kinda like this, but not quite there, try checking out trapster, its a pretty coo app tjhat lets you know where police hide.
    03-15-09 07:15 PM
    My local pd is on that website. Moodio lets you add streaming stations, but this isn't a streaming station so it can't be added.
    03-15-09 10:20 PM
    I stand corrected. Moodio has some scan america channels. I just need to see how to add mine. I can't get the stream source from windows media when scan america is playing on my computer
    03-15-09 10:43 PM
    I got it working. It isn't an app but moodio will let you listen to them streaming to your phone. Awesome. Glad I read this post. Thanks.
    03-15-09 11:05 PM
    that would be such an awesome app, if it could do every single police station in the country that would be impossible too.
    03-16-09 03:48 AM
    anyone have the ota for moodio
    03-16-09 04:21 PM
    m.moodio.fm but you have to go to moodio.fm to set it up first
    03-16-09 07:58 PM
    I stand corrected. Moodio has some scan america channels. I just need to see how to add mine. I can't get the stream source from windows media when scan america is playing on my computer
    Yep got mine on there and working well....

Ross Fire, PGH PA.
    03-17-09 09:47 AM
    After reading through the previous posts, I am going over to moodio and set up an account. This is pretty cool.....
    03-17-09 10:20 AM
    not true t mobile has a police scanner on the gs phone i heard and saw it my self
    04-01-09 04:05 PM
    lol... illegal to scan cell frequencies and now cell scanning police bands... hahahaha
    04-01-09 04:17 PM
    Trapster� - Speed Trap Sharing System

good stuff for sharing speed traps
    04-01-09 06:18 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD