I've noticed that on my 9930, Google Maps no longer has the "pointer" showing on the map. I would use this to quickly scroll over points of interest and turning directions. I've noticed this pointer no longer exists on other apps which display maps as well (Zillow for example).

Anyone know why this pointer is not available and how I could get it back? I realize I can use the touch screen to touch the item on the screen, however that becomes a pain when you have multiple items close together and you want to quickly roll over a few.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    10-02-11 08:33 AM
    I was going to post this as well. Kind of annoying when you are scrolling around on google maps not knowing where your center point is. Maybe this will be updated soon.
    10-02-11 08:53 AM
    I remember my Droid T-bolt's google app was like this. Very annoying and I wish they'd put it back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 08:57 AM
    touchscreen + zoom

would have been nice if they kept both, but for most actions the touchscreen is quicker.
    10-02-11 09:02 AM
    Strange that it was there using the same version of Google Maps (4.5.3) on my 9700, but not on my 9930. The pointer has also disappeared from the Zillow app which I don't believe uses Google Maps. So assuming this must be some kind of device setting, not related specifically to Google Maps?
    10-02-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD