I recently signed up with google wave and am trying to figure out the benefits of it. Don't get me wrong, it seems that anything google touches turns to gold, so what is the benefit of Wave? Am I totally missing the great idea of it? Any input is appreciated, thank u! Also, I'm guessing that since I don't have any contacts on it may b one of my issues, so feel free to find me on there: Joe.wojnarwsky

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 11:12 PM
    I have google wave and like it add me and start a wave. I'm on all day 9 to 5. Pin me for the addy. 3103C78D

12-02-09 11:31 PM
    In my opinion it's going to make projects, especially for college students, much easier. No having to meet up, or leave your dorm to go work on group projects. Same for businesses, but I'm guessing there's probably other/older programs for proffesionals.

I just got my invite for it, but having been on a computer to validate/accept it yet. I'll do that soon. =]

12-03-09 07:20 AM
    I recently signed up with google wave and am trying to figure out the benefits of it. Don't get me wrong, it seems that anything google touches turns to gold, so what is the benefit of Wave? Am I totally missing the great idea of it? Any input is appreciated, thank u! Also, I'm guessing that since I don't have any contacts on it may b one of my issues, so feel free to find me on there: Joe.wojnarwsky

I'm a Google adopter and use most of their products. But I have rhe same questions you have. I just got a Google Wave invite and downloaded it. Unfortunately I'm just not getting it. The hype on this was that it would be revolutionary. I'm keeping an open mind but I'm still with you ... Why would I want or need this?

12-03-09 10:49 AM
    I'm a Google adopter and use most of their products. But I have rhe same questions you have. I just got a Google Wave invite and downloaded it. Unfortunately I'm just not getting it. The hype on this was that it would be revolutionary. I'm keeping an open mind but I'm still with you ... Why would I want or need this?
    Whew!!! I thought it was just me. I am still waiting to "get" it. So far no desire and no needs have arisen.
    12-03-09 10:56 AM
    I think they need to integrate in Facebook and Twitter so we all have more use for it.
    12-03-09 10:57 AM
    I think they need to integrate in Facebook and Twitter so we all have more use for it.
    Used Facebook for a few weeks and was getting tons of emails from people I went to high school with and haven't seen or talked to in 3 decades ... didn't see much value in that so I cancelled it. Use Twitter but in all honesty, it's really a waste of time too. What significant benefits would Google gain with integrations of Facebook and Twitter that would benefit users anymore than going to the Facebook and Twitter sites? Certainly the argument can't be made that Google Wave would be a better UI than the actual Facebook and Twitter native sites.

12-03-09 11:10 AM
    Why do I feel like its an enhanced version of netmeeting?
    12-03-09 11:15 AM

Did you happen to watch the 40-ish minute video of their presentation of Wave? It's pretty in-depth.

Wave is about integration. If it were to become a "standard", there would be one client that could potentially handle what is currently email, IM, forums, file distribution, and SMS/MMS.

Also, there is the collaboration factor, as you've probably seen/heard that multiple people can edit a document, in near-real time. There are also "bots" that do automatic translation between languages.

And one thing that few people mention seem to mention about Wave: federation. Not only can you run your own Wave server, and make it as private or public as you want, but you can connect it (or parts of it) to other Wave servers, for a decentralized structure.

All that being said, personally I think it's pretty "meh", but to be fair I'm too old to get excited about potential . Until someone shows concrete examples of how Wave is useful to a lot of people (which I realize will take a lot of time), it seems to me like a solution looking for a problem.
    12-03-09 11:44 AM
    Used Facebook for a few weeks and was getting tons of emails from people I went to high school with and haven't seen or talked to in 3 decades ... didn't see much value in that so I cancelled it. Use Twitter but in all honesty, it's really a waste of time too. What significant benefits would Google gain with integrations of Facebook and Twitter that would benefit users anymore than going to the Facebook and Twitter sites? Certainly the argument can't be made that Google Wave would be a better UI than the actual Facebook and Twitter native sites.

setting up facebook orgys and updating what's currently happening on Twitter..
    12-03-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD