So on my new Bold 9900, using OS 7.1.074, the podcast app (v. 1.5.0.53) keeps locking up on me when it pause it for a while. Also, I had gotten used to a podcast remembering where I had paused it when I reset the device.

No more. Now, if I pause a podcast and go away for a while, or reset the BB, I have to go back and forth trying to find the spot I left off.

This doesn't seem to be a problem with the leaked OS. I was having this problem with 7.0 too. I have the option to close the media player when inactive turned off, so it's not that.

They had gotten the app working so well on OS 6. This seems like such a step back. It makes me sad.

Maybe I'm the only the one who uses the podcast app, because nobody else seems to be complaining about these things specifically.

Any tips or advice?

(Other than to use Podtrapper or something like that, of course. I go back and forth listening to podcasts between my Blackberry and my work computer, so I need something that syncs with itunes.)
    01-01-12 07:51 PM
    So on my new Bold 9900, using OS 7.1.074, the podcast app (v. 1.5.0.53) keeps locking up on me when it pause it for a while. Also, I had gotten used to a podcast remembering where I had paused it when I reset the device.

No more. Now, if I pause a podcast and go away for a while, or reset the BB, I have to go back and forth trying to find the spot I left off.

This doesn't seem to be a problem with the leaked OS. I was having this problem with 7.0 too. I have the option to close the media player when inactive turned off, so it's not that.

They had gotten the app working so well on OS 6. This seems like such a step back. It makes me sad.

Maybe I'm the only the one who uses the podcast app, because nobody else seems to be complaining about these things specifically.

Any tips or advice?

(Other than to use Podtrapper or something like that, of course. I go back and forth listening to podcasts between my Blackberry and my work computer, so I need something that syncs with itunes.)
    05-30-13 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD