Has anyone found a Podcast app they're happy with? I figured the new AppWorld with deliver a plethora of podcast apps or at least get Viigo off their butts to make theirs functional. I'm still using PodTrapper but cant say I'm completely happy with it.
    04-06-09 10:37 PM
    I realized I needed one today, too bad there isn't a good one.

I'll check out the PodTrapper you mentioned.
    04-06-09 10:43 PM
    I have been enjoying Podtrapper! OTA loading of podcasts beats my ipod.
    04-06-09 11:03 PM
    whats wrong with podtrapper i like it
    04-06-09 11:11 PM
    There are some podcasts I cant link to. And the it doesnt load alot of the podcasts I request. Yeah, its an ok program, but the purpose of all the app store programs is to give is options.
    If broccoli was all you had to eat, you'd like that too.
    04-06-09 11:14 PM
    I use Berrytunes 2.5
    04-06-09 11:20 PM
    There are some podcasts I cant link to. And the it doesnt load alot of the podcasts I request. Yeah, its an ok program, but the purpose of all the app store programs is to give is options.
    True - I would look at other options. I think the limitation is the way that podcasts are published (podtrapper needs chunk). You may still have issues with those podcasts on another program. Hopefully we will have a few more to choose from! But. . . I love podtrapper.
    04-06-09 11:26 PM
    Does anyone even know when viigo plans on making their podcast feature active?
    04-07-09 03:17 PM
    Does anyone even know when viigo plans on making their podcast feature active?
    According to this post.. in a couple weeks..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/vi...hlight=podcast

As a crackberry enthusiast, we are used to seeing these expected dates come and go....
    04-13-09 01:06 PM
    i have a fox news podcast on podtrapper. it is suppose to update every hour and doesent I have to keep deleting the podcast and redownload it to get the update any suggestions
    04-13-09 02:46 PM
    i have a fox news podcast on podtrapper. it is suppose to update every hour and doesent I have to keep deleting the podcast and redownload it to get the update any suggestions
    Same problems I'm having. it gets frustrating
    04-13-09 03:22 PM
    Hi guys,

Can I have you shoot logs over to me when you see it not update? They'll help me see what's going on on the device.

The problem with podcast downloads is they're generally huge files (sometimes several hundred mb), and trying to get them to a device that limits file downloads to 5mb is challenging on some network/device/server situations. To top that off some podcast servers don't support retrieving parts of the file (which makes OTA downloads impossible, that's why I had to write PodTrapper's desktop downloader).

It'll be interesting to see how Viigo handles the situation when they release their app, but I imagine they'll be dealing with the same issues.

At any rate, hope this helps. Anyone having issues, definitely shoot me an email. I have solutions or workarounds for most carrier/phone/podcast situations, but they generally vary per-situation.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com
    04-14-09 08:37 PM
    I like broccoli.
    03-23-11 01:34 PM
    I can't get podtrapper desktop downloader to even come up. I downloaded it and installed it and when i click on it, it brings up a window for a fraction of a second and then it just dies. anyone what could be causing that?
    03-23-11 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD