I'm using the beta PIBB now (Version 1.0.2708).

It seems like it could be promising but Pocketday had a **** of head start...
    05-28-08 03:34 PM
    Pocket Informant is a great PPC application and making it to the BB would be tremendous. Pocket Day has had plenty of time to make that fugly interface more pleasing to the eye and a little smoother, even though it is useful.

Todo Matrix and Idea Matrix annoy the heck out of me and I miss Bonsai from the Treo or any other outliner and to do list from that platform. The interface is not only fugly, requiring too many clicks to enter data, but there is also the need to use their web "service" instead of just having a PC client, end of story. Blackberry software developers soak the community more than any other and it's not needed - not that I'm saying it's the case here. I know tha tthe developer is very active and that's a plus but, at $60, I'd sooner have Bonsai for half the price and the interface is MILES better than ToDo Matrix. If anyone has seen something similar to Bonsai or a good outliner it would be much appreciated if they make mention.
    05-30-08 01:04 PM
    Pocket Informant is a great PPC application and making it to the BB would be tremendous. Pocket Day has had plenty of time to make that fugly interface more pleasing to the eye and a little smoother, even though it is useful.

Todo Matrix and Idea Matrix annoy the heck out of me and I miss Bonsai from the Treo or any other outliner and to do list from that platform. The interface is not only fugly, requiring too many clicks to enter data, but there is also the need to use their web "service" instead of just having a PC client, end of story. Blackberry software developers soak the community more than any other and it's not needed - not that I'm saying it's the case here. I know tha tthe developer is very active and that's a plus but, at $60, I'd sooner have Bonsai for half the price and the interface is MILES better than ToDo Matrix. If anyone has seen something similar to Bonsai or a good outliner it would be much appreciated if they make mention.
    Amen...

I used SPB Diary religiously and lived by it. PD is the only thing that comes close to it.

If they fix the recurring task problem, make the interface a little nicer and allow tasks to be completed with just clicking the trackball, it will be perfect.
    05-30-08 10:28 PM
    I never use it. I will check for it.
    05-31-08 04:56 AM
    I like! One problem, though, is recurring events and exceptions. Does funny things. Say I have a cleaning lady who comes every other week. Ical handles it fine, after syncing, still shows up as every week the PD. Otherwise, I like very much!!
    Can I borrow your cleaning lady my house is a mess? Oh yeah it is built for function not fashion, pretty ugly but it works.
    05-31-08 06:43 AM
    If they fix the recurring task problem, make the interface a little nicer and allow tasks to be completed with just clicking the trackball, it will be perfect.
    Thanks for adding this. If there is one item that has made me despise my BB for anything other than email it is the insistence of virtually every application designer (is it something with the BB development toolkit?) that requires extra keypresses to check a box. (Enter, confirm check, back out of screen.) It is enough to cause carpal tunnel all by itself. If you've ever had a Palm, Pocket PC or Symbian device you know what I'm talking about - and it doesn't have to be that way. I know that the Ascendo application, Track It, I think, is the same way. Looks great and you've got to do 3-4 extra keypresses for every To Do item. After having a Palm all I could think is "WTF? This is supposed to be useful?" Please... someone come in and save the day for us and save us all that time!!!!
    Last edited by slinky; 05-31-08 at 09:49 AM.
    05-31-08 09:39 AM
    After coming over from a treo 700p, I missed my datebook application (I used 2Day)...PD professional works well for me, allows me to see appointments/weather/stocks and news in on place. I don't use it for emails and for some strange reason, I don't use tasks...probably because I'm always off task anyways....
    05-31-08 07:54 PM
    I hate how the damn weather screen "snaps" into place instead of smooth scrolling...
    06-01-08 02:50 PM
    After coming over from a treo 700p, I missed my datebook application (I used 2Day)...PD professional works well for me, allows me to see appointments/weather/stocks and news in on place. I don't use it for emails and for some strange reason, I don't use tasks...probably because I'm always off task anyways....
    Unfortunately there are lots of things I miss...

2Day (Today screen)
    Agendus (Web IS is working on something but there needs a better datebook/contacts manager)
    Repligo (It's a "service" on the BB you pay quarterly fees)
    Attachment saving (This is insane)
    Documents to Go (No true native reader for Word, Excel (eoffice somewhat), PowerPoint or PDFs (beamberry sucks))
    Bonsai (There is no good, smooth To Do list + desktop client on BB, period)
    Autolauncher - Navigation (The BB is maddening, no ability for separating types of apps, quick launcher like a start button, etc.)
    Foreign Bidirectional Dictionaries (Haven't solved some of the languages yet)
    SD Card Launching (Just can't do it to save the meager RAM)
    Threaded SMS
    Aeroplayer (The built in MP3 player sucks and the others do too)
    TCPMP (This video player does ALL types of video and is free... and you can't get anything that works on the Blackberry except for the lame built in... xPlayer crashes too much)
    Doc Readers (I could name a dozen that blow the pants off the few here and Mobipocket lingers active in RAM)

Cripes... the more I think of it, the more I may just go back and actually buy another Palm. I'm sorry the other one is gone. It worked pretty well actually and didn't delete my data.
    06-03-08 08:18 AM
    Being a Palm Treo re-tread who loved Agendus software, I was leary. I bought PD recently and love it! Great customer service throughout and good product. Being a Palm re-tread, function wins over form -- eye-candy is not an issue for me. I use my berry more than I admire its aesthetics. Pocket Day is a win for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 10:54 AM
    Being a Palm Treo re-tread who loved Agendus software, I was leary. I bought PD recently and love it! Great customer service throughout and good product. Being a Palm re-tread, function wins over form -- eye-candy is not an issue for me. I use my berry more than I admire its aesthetics. Pocket Day is a win for me.
    Agendus is way more than PocketDay. The only hope comes from Web IS which is supposedly putting out Informant. If that makes it, great.

Regarding Pocket Day, it's a must have although the 2Day from Palm is so vastly superior in many ways.

My other concern is that my 8830 won't be able to handle these necessary apps. With so many things running natively in the Blackberry OS and with only 37 MB available max (otherwise getting ready for email and log deletions), it's a problem.
    06-03-08 08:20 PM
    Is the application there at all times instead of my wallpaper? How do delete applications if you decide not to use them? Thank you I am a newbie
    06-15-08 04:36 PM
    Agendus is way more than PocketDay. The only hope comes from Web IS which is supposedly putting out Informant. If that makes it, great.

Regarding Pocket Day, it's a must have although the 2Day from Palm is so vastly superior in many ways.

My other concern is that my 8830 won't be able to handle these necessary apps. With so many things running natively in the Blackberry OS and with only 37 MB available max (otherwise getting ready for email and log deletions), it's a problem.
    Agendus is coming to the blackberry. The initial release date was supposed to be sometime in July.
    06-15-08 06:28 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD