I am not able to sync my pocket informant calendar to outlook. Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to change, or how to do this?
    03-08-10 02:04 PM

I am not able to sync my pocket informant calendar to outlook. Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to change, or how to do this?
    Nina,

How are you trying to sync? What steps have you taken so far? Are you trying to sync via DM?
    03-08-10 05:15 PM
    I have tried to sync using desktop manager. I have been on the phone almost all day with Verizon and am now on the phone with BB. Still no help.
    I did find some instructions on a WEBIS.net forum, but I don't seem to have what their instructions say I should have when I go into the calendar options. It seems in review of PI that people are syncing it with Outlook.
    03-08-10 05:55 PM
    I have tried to sync using desktop manager. I have been on the phone almost all day with Verizon and am now on the phone with BB. Still no help.
    I did find some instructions on a WEBIS.net forum, but I don't seem to have what their instructions say I should have when I go into the calendar options. It seems in review of PI that people are syncing it with Outlook.
    Open DM
    Click on Synchronize
    Click on Add-Ins
    Configure
    Make sure there is a check mark in Pocket Informant
    Click on synchroniztion
    Click on Synchronization
    Choose the Outlook Options that you want to synchronize - follow the prompts to choose your options

After making all of your choices - click OK

Now - upper left corner - click Synchronize
    Click the Synchronize button.

I have been using Pocket Informant for quite some time and I can assure you that it does synchronize with Outlook.

Let me know how you make out.
    03-08-10 07:22 PM
    Thank you. I so wanted that to work. There is nothing in the Add-ins window. How do I get PI into that window?
    03-08-10 09:10 PM
    did you go to Options in PI then Sync and select Full Sync?
    03-08-10 10:29 PM
    No. I haven't been able to do anything now. When I try to access PI from my Blackberry it locks up the phone. I can't even access my calendar now.
    I am about ready to cry. I haven't been able to back it up and now I think it is gone. It gives me an error when I try to open it.
    Do you know if when you back up the blackberry if it backs up the third party applications also?
    03-08-10 11:11 PM
    How did you install Pocket Informant on your Blackberry? Did you install OTA (over the air) or did you download the desktop version of Pocket Informant and install via Desktop Manager?

If you installed OTA, you will not have the add-in sync module in DM. You will need to download the desktop version of Pocket Informant from the WEBIS (Pocket Informant) site.
    03-09-10 05:35 AM
    I sync PI with outlook using goolgle sync, rather than DM, by using google calendar sync on my laptop to sync outlook with google calendar, then syncing google calendar with my tour using google mobile sync on my phone. Changes to one calendar are wirelessly updated across the other two without having to plug the phone in the computer.
    03-09-10 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD