Hi can someone help me with restoring the application center after a os update/. running .103 and with Telus!

thank you in advance
    02-14-09 03:04 PM
    I also am missing the App Center after .103 OS update..

I did a wipe with JL Commander,
    Installed .103 OS Fresh
    Did advanced restore of certain databases I wanted such as contacts, blackberry messenger, etc..
    Just realized I dont have Visual Voicemail, and went for App Center icon to redownload, and its gone also.. Ideas?
    02-14-09 03:10 PM
    I also am missing the App Center after .103 OS update..

I did a wipe with JL Commander,
    Installed .103 OS Fresh
    Did advanced restore of certain databases I wanted such as contacts, blackberry messenger, etc..
    Just realized I dont have Visual Voicemail, and went for App Center icon to redownload, and its gone also.. Ideas?
    same here...did a wipe and all settings are correct..also my app center shows up under applications...no idea where it is though on my device
    02-14-09 03:20 PM
    same here...did a wipe and all settings are correct..also my app center shows up under applications...no idea where it is though on my device
    is it checked to reinstall?
    02-14-09 03:24 PM
    I connected my storm back up to the comp via USB

loaded the application loader on Desktop Manager and looked through the add/remove applications listing..

I looked through too fast the last two times and decided to read each line carefully and saw Blackberry Application Center

It installed it back on my storm, and now i am installing Visual voicemail.. When you first open application center on your storm make sure you click the "refresh" button on the top right of the screen, and then you can select what apps to download..

Hope this helps everyone..
    02-14-09 03:25 PM
    it shows up under applications on your phone or your computer? That makes a difference.

edit: nvm
    02-14-09 03:25 PM
    is it checked to reinstall?
    yes to the checkmark through DM
    02-14-09 03:26 PM
    If the apps are on your devices maybe the icons got moved to a different folder, or maybe they are hidden. If they are hidden try hitting the bb button and then click "show all". Then look around to see if you can find the icons. If you see them and they are grayed out then highlight the icon, hit the bb button and click "show". Maybe you guys already did this but its a shot.
    02-14-09 03:27 PM
    it shows up under applications on your phone or your computer? That makes a difference.

edit: nvm
    on the phone...just tried to re-install through DM and nothing!
    02-14-09 03:27 PM
    If the apps are on your devices maybe the icons got moved to a different folder, or maybe they are hidden. If they are hidden try hitting the bb button and then click "show all". Then look around to see if you can find the icons. If you see them and they are grayed out then highlight the icon, hit the bb button and click "show". Maybe you guys already did this but its a shot.
    Good idea!! i'm trying to follow your instructions...only when i hit the BB button from the home screeni get no option for SHOW ALL!! any ideas how to get to this menu?

thanks
    02-14-09 03:30 PM
    try hitting the bb button twice, The first click takes you to the secondary homescreen, the second click should pull up the menu that has

move, move to folder... etc, including show all
    Last edited by buckifvr; 02-14-09 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add
    02-14-09 03:39 PM
    try hitting the bb button twice, The first click takes you to the secondary homescreen, the second click should pull up the menu that has

move, move to folder... etc, including show all
    tried it but no show all option...so what i did was hide an icon and then hit the BB button and Show all appeared but still no app center...the only icon that appeared was the one i hide.
    Last edited by theplayer954305; 02-14-09 at 03:48 PM.
    02-14-09 03:44 PM
    If thats the case then I would reinstall the OS.
    02-14-09 03:51 PM
    I posted the fix a few replies up again here it is
    Fixed it..
    I connected my storm back up to the comp via USB

loaded the application loader on Desktop Manager and looked through the add/remove applications listing..

I looked through too fast the last two times and decided to read each line carefully and saw Blackberry Application Center

It installed it back on my storm, and now i am installing Visual voicemail.. When you first open application center on your storm make sure you click the "refresh" button on the top right of the screen, and then you can select what apps to download..

Hope this helps everyone..
    Edit/Delete Message
    02-14-09 06:20 PM
    Hi can someone help me with restoring the application center after a os update/. running .103 and with Telus!

thank you in advance
    I have really bad news. Since you're on Telus, consider it gone until Telus finally figures out that they need to change the provisioning for it and provide a service book for it.

I had it on my first Storm (which had a camera problem) and haven't seen it since - and I've tried everything.

The standard fixes are to re-register your phone on the BB network by going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing, then press the BB Menu button and select Register. The next step is to re-send your service books, and the final step is to do a hard reset (pull the battery while the phone is on, wait 15-30 seconds, reinsert the battery and wait for the phone to reboot).

Unfortunately, from my experience though, looks like you're going to be out of luck, at least for the time being. I might call Telus again to find out if they're trying to do anything about it.
    02-15-09 05:03 AM
    I have really bad news. Since you're on Telus, consider it gone until Telus finally figures out that they need to change the provisioning for it and provide a service book for it.

I had it on my first Storm (which had a camera problem) and haven't seen it since - and I've tried everything.

The standard fixes are to re-register your phone on the BB network by going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing, then press the BB Menu button and select Register. The next step is to re-send your service books, and the final step is to do a hard reset (pull the battery while the phone is on, wait 15-30 seconds, reinsert the battery and wait for the phone to reboot).

Unfortunately, from my experience though, looks like you're going to be out of luck, at least for the time being. I might call Telus again to find out if they're trying to do anything about it.
    I am on Telus and have a potential fix - One of the following worked, I did them all at the same time so not sure which did the trick.

1. Deleted all services books and pulled the battery

2. I located the service books from a back up I did when I first got the phone (and knew app center was there) and restored just the service books.

3. resent the service books.

Viola!! it was there.
    02-15-09 08:31 AM
    Guys, I'm missing my APP CENTER, and the two default games from Verizon. I think I've been missing them for awhile. They are NOT listed in my Application Loader. Any ideas how I can get them back?
    02-15-09 09:09 AM
    I am on Telus and have a potential fix - One of the following worked, I did them all at the same time so not sure which did the trick.

1. Deleted all services books and pulled the battery

2. I located the service books from a back up I did when I first got the phone (and knew app center was there) and restored just the service books.

3. resent the service books.

Viola!! it was there.
    ok cool..thanks for ur input!!..only i'm not very tec savvy!!lol how did you back up? and then how did you delete the service books and then how did u restore just the sevice books? step by step instuctions would be great if you could!!

thanks in advance
    02-15-09 10:22 AM
    Guys, I'm missing my APP CENTER, and the two default games from Verizon. I think I've been missing them for awhile. They are NOT listed in my Application Loader. Any ideas how I can get them back?
    Hey..read this post and that will correct your issue but it won't correct mine.

load the application loader on Desktop Manager and look through the add/remove applications listing..

read each line carefully and you will see Blackberry Application Center, make sure you put a check mark for app center and your games.

When you first open application center on your storm make sure you click the "refresh" button on the top right of the screen, and then you can select what apps to download..

Hope this helps.

like i wrote earlier these steps did not help me but it should help you cause ur with Verizon.
    Last edited by theplayer954305; 02-15-09 at 10:35 AM.
    02-15-09 10:29 AM
    ok cool..thanks for ur input!!..only i'm not very tec savvy!!lol how did you back up? and then how did you delete the service books and then how did u restore just the sevice books? step by step instuctions would be great if you could!!

thanks in advance
    If you have never done a back up before then you would be SOL - but you may have one when you did the upgrade. Search for a file that looks like this Backup-(2008-12-27).ipd.
    Do at your own risk and practice sending service books first.

1. to delete - Options>advanced>services books, highlight and delete each one. pull battery when they are all deleted.

1. open DM
    2. click back up/restore, click advanced.
    3. click file and point to where the back up was.
    4. scroll down on the database side until you see service book. Highlight it.
    5. click the >> button in the middle.
    6. exit out of DM
    7. resend service books from your phone or here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=telus

good luck and remember this is at your own risk.
    02-15-09 11:03 AM
    Hey..read this post and that will correct your issue but it won't correct mine.

load the application loader on Desktop Manager and look through the add/remove applications listing..

read each line carefully and you will see Blackberry Application Center, make sure you put a check mark for app center and your games.

When you first open application center on your storm make sure you click the "refresh" button on the top right of the screen, and then you can select what apps to download..

Hope this helps.

like i wrote earlier these steps did not help me but it should help you cause ur with Verizon.
    The problem was my desktop installation of OS .99. It was fubar for some reason, so the core components just wouldn't show up in the Application Loadr.
    02-15-09 02:44 PM
    click your BB button, hit it again and click show all, if it comes up as a shaded icon, highlight it, and if there is a checkmark next to hide, click it and it should show up
    02-15-09 03:02 PM
    click your BB button, hit it again and click show all, if it comes up as a shaded icon, highlight it, and if there is a checkmark next to hide, click it and it should show up
    I wondeR if I should just re install the os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD