Hi
    I'm running v4.2.0.51 on my Pearl--considering upgrading to 4.5 but the jury's out on that--ideas?

My problems are with Opera Mini--version 4.2 for the most part is running OK, except on certain sites (Opera Community, getjar and some others) I get an error message Uncaught exception:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutofBoundsException whenever I try to open them. Many other sites open fine (BBC, Telegraph, etc, etc) but I often receive a "Failed to connect to the internet" even on these sites. When I "click here to start the connection test" it invariably tells me "you have a working internet connection." Could have fooled me.....

I tried in vain to download Opera mini 5 until I stumbled on the idea of downloading through the BB browser. This worked like a charm, but every time I open the newly-installed mini 5 I get the following: "Error startingoperetteb$2dhifi:Symbol'CoverageInfo.isCov erageSufficient'not found"

I think these issues must for the most part be related, but can't for the life of me come up with a reason--I'm pretty sure there are lots of smarter folks out there who will recognise something which could be causing all this heartburn. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    11-06-09 08:56 AM
    Getjar would be to download OTA apps, and would best be used on the native browser. Through OM it won't recognize what device you're on. OM5 from what I understand is plagued with bugs, and I'm not sure will even work on a 4.2 OS. Why don't you want to upgrade to the latest 4.5? Among other numerous advances, it includes a browser security patch you probably should have.

On this sad day, let's take a moment, and say a prayer for the folks who's lives ended far too soon at Fort Hood

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 05:55 PM
    Thanks BBW--I've tried, but this isn't my day--see my reply at the end of your sticky on upgrading. I want to load 4.5, but I seem to have gone stupid!
    11-06-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD