Problem: can't get 3rd party apps to load into my Berry.

I've read many posts and BB101, but I still can't get apps to load without getting those error statements that block installation.

I have all current programs on desktop manager and Berry.

I know how to use application loader.

OK: I created a new folder on my desktop called "Berry Stuff." I direct new apps to that folder (I'm currently trying to download ringtones from this site). Hook up Berry, start Desktop Manager, click app loader, refer it to new folder. New apps appear, but I get error statements when I attempt to install them onto Berry.

What am I doing wrong?? This has to be simpler than I think!!!
    08-11-08 11:29 AM
    What are the errors
    08-11-08 11:31 AM
    Are you on BES or BIS??

If you are on BES an IT policy might be blocking you from installing third party apps
    08-11-08 11:31 AM
    What version OS and DM are you running. I had a mate who had very old DM which was giving the issues when trying to load apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 11:35 AM
    Why are you not just sending the ringtones to your berry via email? Very simple that way.

08-11-08 11:36 AM
    (I'm currently trying to download ringtones from this site). Hook up Berry, start Desktop Manager, click app loader, refer it to new folder. New apps appear, but I get error statements when I attempt to install them onto Berry.

What am I doing wrong?? This has to be simpler than I think!!!
    Get an sd card and just drag the ringtones over to the ringtone folder.

Ringtones are not applications. App files contain extensions like alx, jar, jad
    08-11-08 11:38 AM
    Why are you not just sending the ringtones to your berry via email? Very simple that way.

OK, then how to load them once they're on my Berry's email?
    08-11-08 11:41 AM
    You're not giving us enough information. What are the errors? What OS and DM are you running?
    08-11-08 11:44 AM
    Just click on the link and save to your media card. If you don't have one, get one. It is a must.

08-11-08 11:54 AM
    You're not giving us enough information. What are the errors? What OS and DM are you running?
    "XML Syntax error"

Using all current OS & DM (yes, I checked)
    08-11-08 11:59 AM
    Did you try to email the ringtone yet? Did it work for you?

08-11-08 12:33 PM
    Yes, tried to email a ringtone to myself, but it never appeared. I have an email accout at yahoo.com -- that would be what you're talking about, right?

If not, would you kindly explain? Thanks.
    08-11-08 01:17 PM
    Do you get that acct on your berry? I send mine to my @sprint.blackberry.net acct but as long as it goes to your berry, you should be fine. Try again. It really is the easiest way.

08-11-08 01:33 PM
    TA-DAAAAAAAAA!!!

Called T-Mo customer care and was told about Media Manager on my DM. Soon figured out that Media Manager didn't work on my DM, and had to reinstall DM from my BB's CD. Once done, I got into Media Manager, and realized how simple it was to load the ringtone. (I also now understand the diff between an mp3 file, and an application....)

Customer Care guy said I could use my BB email, which is similar to yours: Phone#@TMOmail.net Question is: where on my BB would I find incoming emails to this address? My BB browser is set to open my Yahoo homepage.

Thank you for your help and for periodically checking in. I really appreciate that. xoxo
    08-11-08 03:01 PM
    Glad you got that figured out! Yea!

It should come to the mail icon. You shouldn't have to do anything other than set up the account on your BB.

08-13-08 06:39 PM
    Forgot: to set up your mail, look for the icon that looks like an envelope with a red arrow. It will walk you through the set up.

Glad I could help. I'm still pretty new so not really much help on most things. Ringtones and email I've done lots!

08-13-08 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD