Installed new OS. Thereafter got one of them stupid app world icons (recommended app arrow) on the wall, but it doesn't show up in messages so I'm at a loss on how to get rid of it. Anyone had this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 10:53 AM
    if u go on the appworld icon itself do u see the icon with a red star i believe its the upgrade for appworld...its the only time i got that going from 5 to os 6
    07-09-11 11:20 AM
    why not just log in to app world and see what says 'upgrade' in myworld
    07-09-11 11:32 AM
    No, it's not the upgrade icon, it's the recommended app icon, so there's no way (I know of) to erase from within app world itself.

07-09-11 11:33 AM
    It's a 3rd party notifier from a developer of an app you installed from App World (or spam!!!)

If you're using the stock theme, just click on the notification banner, scroll down to the notifier, press Menu then Delete... gone!
    07-09-11 11:43 AM
    Phill_UK that makes sense, probably spam from one of the installed apps. But when I click on the notification banner, I only see calendar and phone options (I have blackberry RIM theme but no stock, should I change to default?)

07-09-11 12:19 PM
    Ok thanks again, problem solved... Offending app was stupid screen grabber, changed permissions back to default... App notifier gone!

07-09-11 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD