Hi

I got my Bold 9900 last night. I have a BB ID, am receiving my e mails, I have a data plan and everything else seems to be working fine. Have spoken to my mobile network and they have no ideas but I can't download apps from App World. I get a terms and conditions box, I accept these and then nothing happens. If I press download again, the same happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled App World.

Anyone have any ideas? It is driving me crazy!

Thanks
    07-06-12 01:25 PM
    Are you on BIS or BES? Is this a personal device, or one issued by your employer?

Did you purchase the device brand new from your carrier, or did you get it used from eBay/Craigslist/Kijiji/a friend?
    07-06-12 01:29 PM
    Its my personal phone and purchased new from carrier last night. They have suggested returning the handset, but I'm not convinced there is anything wrong with that.
    07-06-12 01:33 PM
    Have you set up your BlackBeryy ID on this phone or is this your first BB device? If setting that up doesn't help try the old fashioned battery pull.
    07-06-12 01:38 PM
    Its my personal phone and purchased new from carrier last night. They have suggested returning the handset, but I'm not convinced there is anything wrong with that.
    Did you check with the carrier to make sure your BIS plan is properly provisioned? Have you resent your service books?
    07-06-12 01:39 PM
    Yes, I have set up BB ID on this phone. Tried the battery pull.

Yes, my plan is set up correctly for BB - I have had them check that.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by service books...
    07-06-12 01:45 PM
    07-06-12 01:49 PM
    Oh yes, have tried doing that and I get an error message when I try and do it (someone from my carrier told me to do this). The assistant in the carrier store (where I was told to go) didn't seem to get why this was a problem. It is driving me insane
    07-06-12 01:56 PM
    If the device was only one day old, and I had so much hassle, I would return it to the carrier store and get a replacement. I'd also make sure that the rep set up everything properly so it worked before I left the store.
    Jojomcl likes this.
    07-06-12 02:07 PM
    Call you're carriers tech support, for rogers, i can download free apps but i cant even purchase apps But i havent called tech support yet because it isnt something bigg
    07-06-12 08:02 PM
    i had this issue with my 2nd phone. 1st one was an issue with world app and my bb ID not being remembered. just return to the store and get a new one. then download an app while you are there
    Jojomcl likes this.
    07-07-12 12:55 AM
    I've managed to sort it by changing my BB ID to a different e mail address. I have no idea why this worked, but glad it has! Thanks for all the help.
    07-07-12 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD