Hi Everyone

About mid last week I noticed apps launching very slow from the home screen of my BB. Anywhere from 2 seconds to even 8 seconds! Once open they seem to run well.

Deleted a bunch of apps but no difference, multiple reboots as well. Has anyone else had this problem. Love my Torch but this is crazy

BB Torch 9800 AT&T

6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246) Platform 6.4.0.105

Thanks for any help!!!!!
    04-03-11 08:19 PM
    Typically, a battery pull will do the trick. If you have too many apps running in the background, will slow the device down, or alot of AppStore that are constantly auto updating...

I see that you are still running .246... You may want to consider upgrading your OS, as most carriers have released .448 as "official"

I would start by monitoring everything running in the background first, and see if there are alot of apps running in the background first.

Make sure when you are done with an app, you close it properly (press the 'bb' button, and then select exit/close, or use the 'back' button. DO NOT use the red 'end' button to close apps, as it does not close them, but leaves them running in the background, and will return you to the home screen...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 05:27 AM
    Thanks. There isn't much running in the background. At least when I hit the BB button it's just the usual 5 thing phone browser BBM etc.

I used my phone to check for updates and it says my phone is up to date. I know this is AT&T's fault probably for not releasing an update.

What I have noticed since my post is if i just leave the phone alone things are OK, i.e., launching an app is pretty fast, but if I close an app like Berry Weather and try to open mail or contacts then the delay is huge. It is kind of like it is not closing apps fast enough (although they appear to be closed really quickly)

The other thing is if I open something like the email app by holding down the BB button and then selecting mail it opens much faster than if I select mail through the home screen.

I will look into the .448 I'm wondering if just reloading the AT&T OS will help. I do have an indication that 11 apps are ready to update I wonder if that's the reason but it takes so long to update each one I just don't want to do it. Does BB have an update all button. I could do that and just walk away for an hour or so then I'd do that.

Thanks for your help any other suggestions would be great!
    Last edited by Kiddo2050; 04-04-11 at 08:18 AM.
    04-04-11 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD