Basically this will be a wishlist for apps that some or all of us would find useful.

Notes drawing app: This app would allow you to draw notes in order to share with students or collegues.
    • is a fullscreen drawing canvas that extends down when required, either automatically or at the press of a button
    • streams the canvas to the HDMI out port, to allow for easier sharing
    • has multiple colours, pen sizes, and an eraser
    • is able to save and load the canvasses
    • possibly be able to load images into the canvas. image manipulation is opotional

Scientific calculator
    • has a scrollable history and allows you to reload formulas you typed earlier
    • isable to do SIN COS TAN and most features of a sandard scientific calculator
    • bonus points for graphing abiliies and having most features of a TI-84 series

Image maniipulaion
    • best case: a port of GIMP
    • can at least do a bit of image manipulation

basic web design

• has a WYSIWYG editor with a preview tab
    • HTML editor has annotation and code highlighting
    • is able to do most web design, possibly Perl and Python
    • can upload to webservers directly

Database apps please

I'm pretty sure that RIM will bundle office apps

A comic book reader app
    • supporting cbr/cbz
    • ideally including support for the metatags from the comicrack application.
    Last edited by grahamf; 10-26-10 at 09:36 PM.
    10-26-10 07:34 PM
    A comic book reader app, supporting cbr/cbz and ideally including support for the metatags from the comicrack application.
    10-26-10 08:13 PM
    I believe and hope that most of my must have apps will be there. The apps I think that will be available are Kindle Reader, OliveTree Bible Reader, Documents To Go, RoadSync, Yelp, Evernote, Dropbox, The Weather Channel, Twitter, and Facebook.

There is one app that I believe that someone will have to write. That's the app that will interface with Remember The Milk.

Following are the apps I like to see on the Playbook:
    Angry Brids
    Hong Kong Mahjong
    Pente
    Sudoku
    Alchemy
    10-26-10 10:24 PM
    I believe and hope that most of my must have apps will be there. The apps I think that will be available are Kindle Reader, OliveTree Bible Reader, Documents To Go, RoadSync, Yelp, Evernote, Dropbox, The Weather Channel, Twitter, and Facebook.

There is one app that I believe that someone will have to write. That's the app that will interface with Remember The Milk.

Following are the apps I like to see on the Playbook:
    Angry Brids
    Hong Kong Mahjong
    Pente
    Sudoku
    Alchemy
    Angry Birds is a must!!
    10-27-10 01:18 AM
    I would like to see Knights Armament Bulletflight available for the PB. It rocks on the Iphone. The IPad is just too large to carry into the field. The PB would be perfect. Plot sheets and wind plotters would be nice too. Add in the USB connectability to Kestrel wind meter or similar, and a person could be running real time ballistics solutions. Especially once the 3/4G is available.
    If not KAC's Bulletflight than one of the other great shooting apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 05:17 AM
    Scientific calculator
    • has a scrollable history and allows you to reload formulas you typed earlier
    • isable to do SIN COS TAN and most features of a sandard scientific calculator
    • bonus points for graphing abiliies and having most features of a TI-84 series
    Add in some radiation physics equations and I'd gladly pay for that app!
    10-27-10 06:16 AM
    Seeing as I don't Really Care about apps the few things I would LOVE to see is

- OCR software from the Camera, so if I take a picture of a document, I can use that document on the playbook, and edit it.

- zero visual music player, I want basically winamp lite for music, to use as little resources as possible

- reprogramable softkeyboard I'd like to remap keys and create macro keys for specific data entry

- business card manager, I'd like to see a media manager style software for business cards so I can flip through then, function wise it will be slower than search but it would wow some customers
    10-27-10 06:49 AM
    I'd like to see different logins. I will be using this for work and play, but I'd like to keep them separate. Would be nice if I could have them separated similar to a windows login. Doesn't have to be that way, where you log out and in, but just separate the two. Almost like switching from a work theme with those files, to a private/play theme.
    10-27-10 06:54 AM
    A Kindle App.

Recently got/was given the Kindle 3 and bought a load of books. I see that it is available on the iPad and on Android devices. So would love/expect to see it on the Playbook too.
    10-28-10 02:13 PM
    I'm a teacher so I'd like to see an App that can work seamlessly with SmartBoards. Being able to draw/write on my PB, have it come up on the smartboard, and then be able to save my lecture notes as images would be amazing!!

I really hope the PB works well with the BB Presenter. If I can control my lectures/powerpoint presentation with my PB, that'd be really cool.
    10-28-10 02:53 PM
    A Kindle App.

Recently got/was given the Kindle 3 and bought a load of books. I see that it is available on the iPad and on Android devices. So would love/expect to see it on the Playbook too.
    Already confirmed shortly after the initial playbook announcement.
    10-28-10 03:33 PM
    Already confirmed shortly after the initial playbook announcement.
    Cool. Thanks for the heads-up.
    10-28-10 06:23 PM
    I would like to see a document scanner app for the camera. Also an app for video editing. C'mon guys, you got to think big! This is a new OS, different types of building platforms! It would also be nice to see an app for scanning the face using the front facing camera to unlock the playbook. By the way, do you guys know if the playbook will come with BlackBerry's awsome multi-color LED indicator light?
    Wait, wait, I almost forgot, full word, excel, and powerpoint app.

Last edited by B_Blaire; 11-01-10 at 11:36 AM.
    11-01-10 03:36 AM
    Skype, with video capability.
    Logmein/gotomypc, or similar.
    WebEx.

This is supposed to be a business device after all.
    11-01-10 10:41 AM
    I would like to see a document scanner app for the camera. Also an app for video editing. C'mon guys, you got to think big! This is a new OS, different types of building platforms! It would also be nice to see an app for scanning the face using the front facing camera to unlock the playbook. By the way, do you guys know if the playbook will come with BlackBerry's awsome multi-color LED indicator light?
    Wait, wait, I almost forgot, full word, excel, and powerpoint app.

RIM bought Docs2Go so I'll bet almost anything that they'll be on there. Whether they're full or not is anyone's guess, but I'm guessing yes, they will be full versions.
    11-01-10 04:54 PM
    Slingplayer
    11-02-10 11:31 AM
    RIM bought Docs2Go so I'll bet almost anything that they'll be on there. Whether they're full or not is anyone's guess, but I'm guessing yes, they will be full versions.
    if you watch Mike at the Adobe Max conference, when he's playing with the PlayBook on screen WordtoGo is an app installed
    11-02-10 02:10 PM
    As a general note to people, if you want developers like myself to build any of the apps mentioned they should be generic functions, not brand specific. I can't build Sling Player, only the company that makes Sling Players can do that. But if you ask for an app that lets you stream media that's stored on your computer, I might be able to do that. Not to say I don't want to see a Sling Player app, nor do I want to single out the person who posted Sling Player, it's just some general advice if this is going to be an app request thread.

I am watching this thread, I'm certain other developers are too. I've already started developing an app based on one of the ideas posted here, won't say which one just yet though.
    11-02-10 09:36 PM
    RDP app for my servers please.
    11-03-10 01:41 PM
    As a general note to people, if you want developers like myself to build any of the apps mentioned they should be generic functions, not brand specific. I can't build Sling Player, only the company that makes Sling Players can do that. But if you ask for an app that lets you stream media that's stored on your computer, I might be able to do that. Not to say I don't want to see a Sling Player app, nor do I want to single out the person who posted Sling Player, it's just some general advice if this is going to be an app request thread.

I am watching this thread, I'm certain other developers are too. I've already started developing an app based on one of the ideas posted here, won't say which one just yet though.
    Oh, ok. What about an app that lets you scan documents and able to print it out or save it, etc. using the playbook camera. And an app that lets you powerfully edit video content and images.

11-03-10 03:56 PM
    working on a app as well
    11-16-10 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD