iHeartRadio is a great app that let us BB users stream Clear Channel Radio. I would love to have the play.it or StreamTheWorld app like the iphone has so that BB users have access to CBS radio stations. Anyone hear if BB is getting any of these apps?
    04-01-09 08:18 PM
    moodio is much better...
    04-01-09 08:27 PM
    Thanks xxfire. Didn't know about this site. Registered and using it already!
    04-01-09 08:55 PM
    I emailed StreamTheWorld asking if they had any thoughts about doing something like the iPhone for the Blackberry and I haven't received a response. I emailed from my work address so I don't know whether they got it and disregarded it or if it just got flagged as spam. It'd be nice to have though!
    04-01-09 09:15 PM
    I emailed StreamTheWorld asking if they had any thoughts about doing something like the iPhone for the Blackberry and I haven't received a response. I emailed from my work address so I don't know whether they got it and disregarded it or if it just got flagged as spam. It'd be nice to have though!
    Its nice to know I am not the only one who has emailed STW. I figured out how to use Moodio.fm but I am not satisfied with the quality. Moodio.fm is a great temporary solution but to have an STW app like iHeartRadio would be great. I think a dedicated app would have way better audio quality.
    04-01-09 09:20 PM
    Honestly, the stations I want to listen to won't work with moodio because I can't get the proper streaming address.
    04-01-09 09:22 PM
    Honestly, the stations I want to listen to won't work with moodio because I can't get the proper streaming address.
    I couldn't get some of the stations to work because I couldn't get the proper stream address too.

What I did to get a few streams was this:

Go to...

thestreamcenter.com/pda

Put in the call letters or name of radio station and click the link. The link will ask you to open or save. Click open because most of the time it will default to iTunes.

From iTunes, right click the stream and click Properties. In the properties window look to the bottom and it will show you the stream link. Click edit and then copy and paste to Moodio.

There probably is an easier way to do this but I am still a rookie when it comes to this streaming thing.
    04-01-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD