1. BB944's Avatar
    Hi, This is my first time doing this so bear with me as i fumble through trying to explain what I have discovered on how to solve this issue easily. Now for a long time this was an effective means of syncing my playlists to my blackberry bold 9780, but as of recently i encountered a few issues that i am not sure if there is an easy way to fix them as well

    Well fist thing i did was after perusing the heck out of multiple forums including this site, I found a particular application called AutoHotkey

    Since I cant post links, (not enough posts) just Google it

    I downloaded the "Installer for AutoHotkey_L:" version and created the following script

    Code:
    run notepad
    sleep 1000
    Send ^o!
    Sleep 500
    Send "K:\Playlists\Drive List.m3u"{enter}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send ..\Music{Tab}file:///SDCard/Music{tab}{space}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send mp3{Tab}MP3{tab}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send wma{Tab}WMA{tab}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send m4a{Tab}M4A{tab}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send flac{Tab}FLAC{tab}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send \{Tab}/{tab}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send {space}{Tab}+520{tab}a{esc}
    Send ^h!
    Sleep 100
    Send &{Tab}+526{tab}a{esc}
    Sleep 100
    Send ^s!
    Send !{F4}
    This is is set up to do the following:
    First it opens the .m3u (in this case my drive list) from my blackberry which is mounted to Drive K:\ (and i make sure that nothing else uses this letter) in the location that MM copies over the Playlists.
    Then the script will turn the following file:
    ..\Music\Music\Blue Oyster Cult\Agents of Fortune\03 (Don't Fear) The Reaper.mp3
    into:
    file:///SDCard/Music/Music/Blue%20Oyster%20Cult/Agents%20of%20Fortune/03%20(Don't%20Fear)%20The%20Reaper.MP3

    The Autohotkey script just does a find/replace and translates the spaces and what-not to what the blackberry can read ... since Media Monkey has no real support for Blackberry, and BDM only supports Windows media player and iTunes (who both don't play FLAC files ... half my library) I was choose to do this.

    Now like i said in the beginning this was working great.... that is until i got songs like:
    file:///SDCard/Music/Music/Dire%20Straits/Communiqué/01%20Once%20Upon%20a%20Time%20in%20the%20West.M4A
    that's the Dire Straits on the Communiqué album .....
    and this is what the blackberry wants it too look like:
    file:///SDCard/Music/Music/Dire%20Straits/Communiqu%C3%A9/01%20Once%20Upon%20a%20Time%20in%20the%20West.m4a

    .... now sure i could just add an additional line to find/replace all the "é" with "%C3%A9" like they do ... but wait it gets worse ... now I went to a local show and the band that was playing was Russian, great band ... so i bought an album and then got it all entered into media monkey in russian, put it on a playlist... and yup .... every character has a code just like that .... now unless i feel up to making this script three miles long ... I'm sure that there has got to be a way to translate the code into whatever ISO standard the blackberry is using for special characters

    well thanks for reading and maybe i have been helpful to some of my fellow crackberry lovers ... but as you can see i could use some help myself
    02-28-12 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD