I just want to know if there is an app that tells me the rising times of the planets ans possibly there location. And maybe a star map or something like that. I cant seem to find one anywhere.

Also any app regarding space/astronomy news!

Thanks for your help

-Chris
    09-30-10 10:22 AM
    I used to use Pocket Stars on my Dell Axim (Windows Mobile). I have yet to find anything of that caliber for that price on the Blackberry.

As Pocket Stars' author worked for MS, I doubt he'd have much interest in porting his app...
    09-30-10 10:30 AM
    Google Sky Map on Android, not sure BB offers anything.
    09-30-10 12:12 PM
    I've also looked around for a sky/star map for Blackberry with no success. Kind of surprising given the large potential user base. The larger screen on the Torch would be great for something like this.

Is there a way to request apps in App World?
    09-30-10 02:29 PM
    Just found this in App World:
    BlackBerry App World - IK Pegasi

"IK Pegasi is an astronomy app.
    IK Pegasi presents a view of the brightest stars in the night sky.
    It also displays the solar system's planets and all 88 constellations.
    A simple head-up display (HUD) provides contextual information on whatever object you select.
    Images and hyperlinks to Wikipedia entries are available for selected spectacular sights such as planets, galaxies, nebulas and globular star clusters."

Price is $2.99. Says it was released on 10/9/2010 but there are no reviews yet. Might be worth trying out.
    09-30-10 02:49 PM
    Just found this in App World:
    BlackBerry App World - IK Pegasi

"IK Pegasi is an astronomy app.
    IK Pegasi presents a view of the brightest stars in the night sky.
    It also displays the solar system's planets and all 88 constellations.
    A simple head-up display (HUD) provides contextual information on whatever object you select.
    Images and hyperlinks to Wikipedia entries are available for selected spectacular sights such as planets, galaxies, nebulas and globular star clusters."

Price is $2.99. Says it was released on 10/9/2010 but there are no reviews yet. Might be worth trying out.
    Thanks! will look right now!
    09-30-10 03:41 PM
    Does it use GPS to calculate where you are and load star maps that would be applicable for your area? Not much info on this app..
    09-30-10 09:49 PM
    Here's a thread regarding star apps. I've installed microsky on my 9700.Twice. Installed it the second time forgetting why I had uninstalled it in the first place. Well, it's uninstalled again. Very laggy. And I guess I just couldn't figure out how to make it pan properly.
    //forums.crackberry.com/f83/astronomy-apps-microsky-starry-night-bold-194354/

(sorry, you have to play with the link because I can't post links due to low posting count.)
    09-30-10 10:15 PM
    Does it use GPS to calculate where you are and load star maps that would be applicable for your area? Not much info on this app..
    Its 3$...and there is like no info about this....hmmmm
    10-01-10 12:09 AM
    Haven't fully checked it out, but here you go:
    MicroSky
    10-01-10 12:41 AM
    2.3 megs? That's a big app.
    10-01-10 06:21 AM
    MicroSky
    Also it looks really ****ty lol

But.....if its the only thing I got....
    10-01-10 09:51 AM
    MicroSky
    And which one do I download...

:/

The 3.2?
    10-01-10 10:15 AM
    Planetarium, for the Palm OS, was a phenomenal app! Too bad there's nothing like it for Blackberry.
    10-01-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD