Strange as I have had a couple that have worked - we shall see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 06:55 AM
    I am starting to believe that pingchat if for the birds. I liked it a lot, but this new fix, is not fixing the problem. I sent 3 messages and nobody has rec'd them...paso971....if you get a message that is me... C'mon pingchat, get it right.

09-18-10 07:17 AM
    I'd like nothing more than for pingchat to work, and fully, but if they won't respond to the people beta testing their app, when they provide constructive feedback, that gives me little hope. Trying it one more time.
    09-18-10 07:33 AM
    sure, the new update fixed push notifications

but now my phone doesn't show when there are new messages.

sometimes when there are 15 new messages the ping indicator shows 1

other times it won't show the ping indicator at all (which is about 99% of the time)
    09-18-10 02:17 PM
    This is a great product as I use it to replace sms to communicate with my wife's iphone.

However, I noticed that my BB is slower than her iphone in receiving msg. Sometimes it could be 50 second slower; will this be fix soon?

09-18-10 06:59 PM
    I am really pleased - this app seems to be getting better as traffic on their server settles - push is coming thru quicker
    - it is not bbm but it is good for texting iphone and android friends - although why would you have those

09-18-10 07:27 PM
    sure, the new update fixed push notifications

but now my phone doesn't show when there are new messages.

sometimes when there are 15 new messages the ping indicator shows 1

other times it won't show the ping indicator at all (which is about 99% of the time)

push notifications are WORKING. not sure if it's the ping servers or if it was what i did.

but i changed the application permission settings all to "ALLOW" and rebooted.

works great now
    09-22-10 12:37 PM
    wow...I haven't had any problems with this app (I have iphone and android friends entered) - I hate that some ppl are having issues
    09-22-10 01:00 PM
    Too bad it doesn't work on the torch..
    09-22-10 01:25 PM
    I try to go to the website using my phone at pingchat.com/blackberry and it tells me my device is not supported yet...I have a 9650. Anyone have the file, since I am running 6.0 I am having a small issue with app world and can't download it that way either. want to try to download it using DM
    09-29-10 07:46 PM
    I could send you the file via email, but I doubt it will work on OS6. They seem slow (yes I know there's but one BlackBerry developer) to make progress.
    09-29-10 07:59 PM
    Figured out how to make App World work with OS6..and downloaded Pingchat! Works great!!
    09-29-10 08:16 PM
    RIM is pretty slow with their updates on just about anything, too, so I don't mind that PingChat is as well. I wish there was more BB support, but a lot of companies fail to realize that though new RIM users are few and far between it seems, the old ones are rabid and willing to keep up the system.

And since we're all crazed and obsessed, we demand that sort of support and obsession from developers. <.<

Anyway, I don't mind putting my PC id out there, it's norcaliberbb, and I don't mind talking to people (especially about technology and Blackberry) as long as they aren't total creepers. :P
    cdicesare2002 likes this.
    10-07-10 05:38 PM
    I managed to download the application by going to pingchat.com/blackberry from my device. It downloaded and installed alright, although I don't have any contacts on it!

I just tried that and it wouldn't let me saying I wasn't supported
    10-10-10 02:06 PM
    i have the new curve and it wont let me edit my profile, all it does it saves my chats. no buddy lists nothing ... anyone else have this problem? its annoying
    11-30-10 06:48 PM
    This thread and forum is for 3rd party app discussion. Want to get connected, try here.
    12-02-10 11:59 PM
    Everybody who already added me, please do it again.
    I've switched to a new device and Ping do not support that, I had to wait for them to release my pin so i can use it again.
    My pin is the same:

ID: paso971
    01-05-11 02:02 PM
    Add me id � iwetoddid
    Chat r whatever

02-01-11 09:17 AM
    It's not working for me....can't add contacts
    02-01-11 07:15 PM
    since it works off data is it using data the whole time or only when sending messages or only when open??
    I use google talk also and hasnt really raised the data i use just making sure this one doesnt go crazy with data, i dont have unlimited
    and it doesnt show on phone bill every text right since there is no charge??
    thanks
    Bernie
    02-09-11 10:31 AM
    It has push data, so it shouldn't use it all the time. But I haven't actually monitored it really.
    02-09-11 12:09 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD