Ultimately what I want is to have my calendar and Tasks OTA synced with my computer. Either by a desktop client or online. I've looked into some PIM apps such as Pocket Informant, emobile, got-2, etc. Was wondering if you guys had come up with a good way to do this. I currently use google sync for my calendar but my tasks aren't synced when is annoying having a task list in google calendar, in iCal, and on my storm, all out of sync. Would really like an app that has a desktop version that stays in sync so i dont need to add tasks on my phone while sitting at my computer. I like the way some of the PIM work on my storm and I dont mind the calendar and task apps that came on the storm...would just like a better sync option. I have BIS and would like some sort of BES type sync for my calendar and tasks without have to pay a monthly fee. I dont mind paying a one time fee for some a phone app and desktop app or for an app that syncs with my desktop (mac os x, but am really looking into getting vmware fusion or installing windows via bootcamp so a windows program would work) or online service (gmail, yahoo, etc.)

I've only been a BB user since I got my storm in November so I don't know all the different options out there and would appreciate anything that long time berry owners have learned. Thanks.

ALSO: I've seen there is this thing called BlackBerry Unite on the blackberry website and wasnt exactly sure what it was. If anyone has tried it or used it and could give me info would help...
    Last edited by allmixedup93; 03-26-09 at 11:08 PM.
    03-26-09 11:04 PM
    Any suggestions?
    03-27-09 08:29 AM
    03-27-09 12:56 PM
    03-27-09 02:06 PM
    That is my exact question as well as I could state it myself. I hope that this gets answered. Tasks seems well suited for my GTD system but is in need of desktop entry.
    04-01-09 12:44 PM
    I'm in the same situation as you guys, so this is what I ended up doing:

Calendar
    Use Google Sync on both my desktop and 9530. It works very well, no conflicts, although Google Sync seems to only keep the last 4 weeks of appointments.

Tasks
    My task system is GTD-based, so it may not be for everyone. I use Remember The Milk and have stopped using Outlook's task program. I decided to go this route, because I find RTM's task management program more "tweakable" than Outlook. It's certainly not perfect, but it works well GTD and I'm able to to sync OTA with RTM.

In conjunction with RTM, I use BB Task Pro on my 9530. I wanted a product that could still use BB's native task program, just-in-case I needed to sync with Outlook, but wasn't clunky or difficult to tweak. BB Task Pro ended up being the best choice for me.

I know other folks out there use ToDoMatrix, and that's a viable option, but the learning curve was steep for me, the price tag a bit hefty, and the web-based desktop was slow. I may go back to TDM, but only if they speed up the desktop and make it more Storm-friendly.
    04-02-09 09:57 AM
    What's wrong with Desktop Manager's Yahoo PIM sync? That option syncs up your calendar, contacts, tasks and memos to your Yahoo account.
    04-02-09 09:59 AM
    Yahoo = Malware
    04-03-09 01:23 PM
    Calendar
    Use Google Sync on both my desktop and 9530. It works very well, no conflicts, although Google Sync seems to only keep the last 4 weeks of appointments.
    If you click on the Google Sync icon on your BB, there are settings for the period for calendar sync. It allows you to sync events up to 24 weeks in the future and keeps them for 4 weeks. I was frustrated at first because the default is only four weeks in the future, which isn't really handy for advance planning.

I love Google Sync, which I've used in my office since the Windows version came out. (Prior to that, I paid thirty bucks or so for another sync app.) I'm new to BB and was happy there was a version for my Storm.

I have two desktop computers in my office, one at home, two notebooks and my Storm. Whenever a new event is entered on anything, it quickly propagates to the other devices because everything is set to sync every ten minutes.

When I first installed it, though, I had a real hassle with duplicate appointments because Google Calendar didn't recognize identical entries on different devices as the same event. Here was my work-around:

1) Install Google calendar on every machine and set options to "1 way: Microsoft Outlook calendar to Google Calendar."

2) Run it on each device to upload everything to Google Calendar. Exit Google Sync by right clicking on the taskbar and choosing "exit."

3) RUN A BACKUP ON EACH DEVICE.

4) Choose a computer as your "Master" machine. After the backup, go to "all appointments" view in Outlook calendar and delete everything.

5) Restart Google Sync and set it to "1 way: Google Calendar to Microsoft Outlook calendar." Download everything to Outlook and, using "all appointments" view, clean up the duplicates.

6) Change Google Sync options to "2-way" sync.

7) On each additional device, delete all Calendar entries, run Sync with the "1 way: Google Calendar to Microsoft Outlook calendar" option once, then change the options on each device to "2-way."

It takes a little time to clean up the duplicates when you first set it up, but it works great after that.

4)
    04-03-09 02:34 PM
    Thanks rlmesq! I think the last time I checked, they only had 4 weeks on both. Not sure tho, might be me.
    04-03-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD