I had a problem when I was trying to add new contacts with setting ringtones. If I added a contact that was in between the other contacts later, it appears that the ringtones slip down in order. Such as if I give someone with an A ringtone #1, and someone with a C ringtone #2, and then later add someone with a B and give them ringtone #3, what ends up happening is that the C person gets ringtone #3 a well and the person below C gets ringtone #2. Also, can there be an update that allows you to assign categories a specific pic/ringtone rather than having to put that whole category in singularly? I bought this app to replace Ringo, because I liked the idea of pics as well as ringtones, but I have to admit, Ringo's option of categories is way easier to deal with.
    11-15-08 12:05 AM
    I had a problem when I was trying to add new contacts with setting ringtones. If I added a contact that was in between the other contacts later, it appears that the ringtones slip down in order. Such as if I give someone with an A ringtone #1, and someone with a C ringtone #2, and then later add someone with a B and give them ringtone #3, what ends up happening is that the C person gets ringtone #3 a well and the person below C gets ringtone #2. Also, can there be an update that allows you to assign categories a specific pic/ringtone rather than having to put that whole category in singularly? I bought this app to replace Ringo, because I liked the idea of pics as well as ringtones, but I have to admit, Ringo's option of categories is way easier to deal with.
    can you double check and make sure you do not have duplicate entries?

we will look into adding group contact support. the only problem is that when you have many contacts it may slow down the ringtone when doing a group lookup.
    11-15-08 11:57 AM
    can you double check and make sure you do not have duplicate entries?

I don't have any duplicate entries, just different contacts that will be using the same pic and same ringtone (hence the desire for a group listing), i found the ringtones were not accurate. What is happening is worse than I first suspected, but it is actually moving the ringtones down the rest of the list. So, if I add a new entry with an A, the entire list of set ringtones is moved down one slot and I have to manually go back and change all of the tones again. Granted, at least the pics are right, but I need ringtones to match as well. I am going to have to delete the program I think.
    Last edited by LSUeeyore; 11-15-08 at 05:29 PM.
    11-15-08 01:31 PM
    I originally tried SMSpic but when I went to your website to purchase it and completed the purchase it have me the link for pictureid. I really liked the SMSid more than this one. Is there a way I can get the SMSid instead?
    11-20-08 04:17 PM
    I originally tried SMSpic but when I went to your website to purchase it and completed the purchase it have me the link for pictureid. I really liked the SMSid more than this one. Is there a way I can get the SMSid instead?
    SMSPic isnt on sale yet. you purchased pictureID instead?
    send me email at [email protected]
    11-20-08 04:34 PM
    Any ideas when it will be available? And how much it will be? I don't use my phone for to many calls, I'm more of a texter.
    11-20-08 06:05 PM
    Any ideas when it will be available? And how much it will be? I don't use my phone for to many calls, I'm more of a texter.
    SMSPic 1.0 is now on sale on our site for $4.95.
    here is the link Toysoft Development, Inc. - mp3 Ringtones, ring tones, blackberry ringtones, Blackberry, picture id, profile
    11-20-08 08:04 PM
    Finally PictureID is now compatible with the Storm.

You will need OS version 4.7.0.75 if pictureID does not work on your current Storm. If the picture flashes quickly when you get a call then you need the upgrade.

Get Picture ID OTA install www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

To upgrade the OS to 4.7.0.75 use below link

Don Nguyen � Blog Archive � OS 4.7.0.75 leak
    12-02-08 02:52 PM
    v1.4 is now available

1.4 Dec 7, 2008
    ---------------

- Added support for the Storm 9500/9530. You will need OS version 4.7.075
    If you do not then goto RIM site and get the upgrade

- Fixed the ringtone problem where it continues to play after you hangup or disconnect.

- Added registration screen to the menu

Website PictureID
    12-07-08 05:10 PM
    Is there any plan to integrate facebook to make getting caller ID pics a simpler process? It would be great if it could just pull profile pictures!
    12-12-08 05:46 AM
    Is there any plan to integrate facebook to make getting caller ID pics a simpler process? It would be great if it could just pull profile pictures!
    no. but we can look into this.
    12-12-08 10:48 AM
    If you could do that it would single handedly convince me to buy the app. Please keep me updated!
    no. but we can look into this.
    12-12-08 10:58 AM
    I have a Verizon Storm and bought the Caller ID. When ever I switch to vibrate mode the phone still rings if there is a pictureID registered.

As a matter fact, when I put the phone on silent, the phone vibrates for a long time.... for callers with picture ID. other callers like block numbers will not vibrate (It shouldn't vibrate since its in the silent mode).

Lets recap:

Phone on vibrate mode = callers with pictureid rings while other simply vibrates

Phone on silent mode - callers with pictureid vibrates until call ends while other calls stay silent (like it suppose to)

Is this what its suppose to do?
    12-17-08 10:59 PM
    I have a Verizon Storm and bought the Caller ID. When ever I switch to vibrate mode the phone still rings if there is a pictureID registered.

As a matter fact, when I put the phone on silent, the phone vibrates for a long time.... for callers with picture ID. other callers like block numbers will not vibrate (It shouldn't vibrate since its in the silent mode).

Lets recap:

Phone on vibrate mode = callers with pictureid rings while other simply vibrates

Phone on silent mode - callers with pictureid vibrates until call ends while other calls stay silent (like it suppose to)

Is this what its suppose to do?
    if you use Profile app to change profiles then picID will not know about the change. what you need to do is use picIDProfiler to change the profile.

picIDProfiler isnt not compatible with the Storm yet. we will update it.

also when you turn on Vibrate in the Prefs. picID will vibrate regardless what the Profile is set to.
    12-18-08 10:27 AM
    I don't have any duplicate entries, just different contacts that will be using the same pic and same ringtone (hence the desire for a group listing), i found the ringtones were not accurate. What is happening is worse than I first suspected, but it is actually moving the ringtones down the rest of the list. So, if I add a new entry with an A, the entire list of set ringtones is moved down one slot and I have to manually go back and change all of the tones again. Granted, at least the pics are right, but I need ringtones to match as well. I am going to have to delete the program I think.
    I am running in to this very issue. Every time I add a new PicID my ringtones move down one contact.
    12-18-08 07:00 PM
    I downloaded the trial version and I can't get it to display my pics. I've read the instructions and most of this thread. What am I doing wrong?

I have a Curve 8330. I set the pics and ringtones for global known and unknown, then I set a few custom IDs. I then try to call myself from one of the custom numbers and I just get my regular screen instead of the full screen pic I set up for that number. I also changed the profile from within PicID after seeing something about that bug, no change.

Help anyone?

Thanks
    12-28-08 01:55 PM
    I am having a issue with Pic ID working with Icall manager light. When I press do not disturb or whitelist or blacklist the Pic id still rings but when i uninstall pic id the program (icall magnager light) works great. I emailed your support but no one got back to me.
    12-28-08 03:09 PM
    I downloaded the trial version and I can't get it to display my pics. I've read the instructions and most of this thread. What am I doing wrong?

I have a Curve 8330. I set the pics and ringtones for global known and unknown, then I set a few custom IDs. I then try to call myself from one of the custom numbers and I just get my regular screen instead of the full screen pic I set up for that number. I also changed the profile from within PicID after seeing something about that bug, no change.

Help anyone?

Thanks
    make sure the permissions for PicID is all set to ALLOW.
    if that does not then do a soft reset.
    12-29-08 12:11 AM
    I am having a issue with Pic ID working with Icall manager light. When I press do not disturb or whitelist or blacklist the Pic id still rings but when i uninstall pic id the program (icall magnager light) works great. I emailed your support but no one got back to me.
    are you using picID v1.4?
    could be that icall manager isnt letting other apps handle some of the phone events.
    12-29-08 12:13 AM
    Still no support for facebook? I posted on here about a month ago asking if there were any plans to integrate this app with facebook to pull users profile pictures and store them as contact id pics on the blackberry. One of the devs said they would look in to it. Updates?
    12-29-08 05:50 AM
    I gave the trial a good workout and think this application has potential, but I'm not ready to purchase it yet. I will definitely be interested once some of the bigger bugs are resolved:

The profile issue: is there a plan to fix this? I currently have the regular profile app set as one of my convenience keys because I switch between vibrate and normal several times a day. The picID Profiler is much more cumbersome by comparison (at least for someone who switches so frequently).

The ring tone issue and call log issues are also deal-breakers for me.

Is this thread the place to watch for updates? I'll be quick to buy once some of the bugs are worked out!
    12-29-08 04:58 PM
    I am running in to this very issue. Every time I add a new PicID my ringtones move down one contact.

I just tried the "update" and your most critical problem has still not been resolved and honestly, you've ignored both my concern and BadDancer both. I am going to break down exactly what happened. I had 4 names in my attempt: Aaron, Byron, Work, Brandon (this is the order I input them into the program to test the theory).

Aaron was given Ringtone 1, Byron Ringtone 2, Work Ringtone 3, and Brandon Ringtone 4. However when I went back to look/edit the picIDs AFTER putting in Brandon's number, the ringtones were as follows: Aaron still had ringtone 1, Brandon had Ringtone 2 (so not even the ringtone he was JUST assigned), Byron had ringtone 3, and Work had Ringtone 4.

This is a MAJOR problem with the program and to be honest makes me feel like I wasted money on purchasing the program. Add to that the lack of a group contact possibility and this is a fairly nonproductive product. I just wish I cold get a refund to be perfectly honest.
    01-06-09 08:35 PM
    here is the latest 1.4.3 beta

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

-There was a problem in the sorting that made the ringtones in the wrong order. if you have ringtones in the wrong picID then you can manually change it.

-fixed the compatibility issue on the Storm
    01-07-09 12:28 PM
    Will PictureID interfere with other in-call apps such as talklock/stormlock?
    01-13-09 12:39 AM
    Will PictureID interfere with other in-call apps such as talklock/stormlock?
    it shouldn't. these apps locks after the incoming
    01-13-09 11:23 AM
324 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD