Can someone please help. I have the curve 8310 and every since I downloaded PicId, which i have uninstalled, now everytime I end a call, instead of returning to my home screen, I am returned to the call log. I even did a wipe handheld and the problem is still there. This is driving me up the wall! How can this be fixed? Now I'm scared to download anything.
    If pictureID is not even installed then you should not have this problem. double check and see if PictureID is in fact deleted in the Options->Advanced->Applications
    08-08-08 09:52 AM
    ok. i have uploaded a new version. pls try it again http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    Thanks. I clicked on the URL above using the Blackberry Browser and got the same error message as before. I was able to download GoogleMaps.jad OTA with no problem, so I don't believe it is a browser or BES configuration problem.
    08-08-08 11:37 AM
    Thanks. I clicked on the URL above using the Blackberry Browser and got the same error message as before. I was able to download GoogleMaps.jad OTA with no problem, so I don't believe it is a browser or BES configuration problem.
    i'm able to download the OTA version without any problems.
    can you try deleting the current version first?
    08-09-08 09:37 AM
    i'm able to download the OTA version without any problems.
    can you try deleting the current version first?
    Deleting ver 1.1.1 and rebooting solved the download problem. I was able to download ver 1.1.9b. That version solved the microSD access issue. The app works fine now. Thanks for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 10:16 AM
    If you already a paid user you can get the latest beta here

http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

changes
    ---------

- added custom Yellow and Blue color fonts

- you can change the color font in the global picID screen for global or customize it for each picID

- added close missed call screen. if you have the missed call displayed then picID can not show the next picID.
    By checking this feature picID will close the missed call screen. to check for missed calls just view the call log on the Home screen.
    08-14-08 02:27 PM
    here is the latest pictureID 1.2.

changes
    ---------

- fixed the problem with 2 calls. if you had close missed call screen then sometimes both calls will terminate if you end the call. this happens only when you dial a person and then you received a 2nd call

- added ringtone support. edit the picid and scroll down to the bottom to pick the ringtone. you will need to do the following for each contact that you want to assign a ringtone

- run the Contacts app
    - edit the contact and select Add custom ringtone
    - set the contact ringtone to MUTE. this is needed so that the system wont play the contacts ringtone and let picID handle it
    - you should select a long ringtone since PicID does not repeat the ringtone. personally i use a mp3

why add ringtone support? because i hate the 2 seconds wait before the ringtone starts. very annoying.

here is the OTA install http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad
    08-18-08 01:02 PM
    I can't seem to get my photos to not be squashed? I took pictures on my camera on my pearl. and changed resolution to 240w x260h, but the pictures still turn out squashed?
    Last edited by fishcube; 08-25-08 at 03:31 PM.
    08-25-08 10:48 AM
    i downloaded the trial version but when i try to select a photo, nothing comes up? i don't see another menu or anything. i am using a bold, can anyone help? thanks

did you get the trial v1.1.1 or the beta version?

here is the beta version www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

do you see the files when you browse for it? when you select a file the name should be displayed on the editing screen. You can then preview the pic by selecting the Preview button.
    if you still have problems please send email to [email protected] we can help faster by email.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 08-27-08 at 11:38 AM.
    08-27-08 01:04 AM
    Although this could be a great APP, but it feels like WORK In PROGRESS.. Not stable

1) if phone goes to missed call situation, it still shows unknown caller, no matter phone number is in pictureID database or original DB of phone

2) same problem with phone calls received anywhere from USA. it shows number properly but uknown caller in Phone LOG..

I think this needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by dhirajpatil; 09-04-08 at 03:06 PM. Reason: incorrect wording
    09-04-08 03:05 PM
    its a HUGH BUG...... i think this app has bugs ias written in earlier comment and you should not be selling it for 15 dollars. I feel i wasted money..
    09-04-08 03:27 PM
    Although this could be a great APP, but it feels like WORK In PROGRESS.. Not stable

1) if phone goes to missed call situation, it still shows unknown caller, no matter phone number is in pictureID database or original DB of phone

2) same problem with phone calls received anywhere from USA. it shows number properly but uknown caller in Phone LOG..

I think this needs to be fixed.
    when you missed a call there are two entries in the call log.

unknown
    actual caller's number

both entries should have the same timestamp.
    09-04-08 03:27 PM
    Changes
    -----------

- Added Color fonts for caller id display
    - Added Profile integration using PicIDProfile application
    - Added Ringtone support. Use any mp3/aac/mid file as ringtone
    - Fixed the missed call problem. Now all calls are logged in the Call log app

Click here Picture ID
    09-18-08 03:54 PM
    I have a Picture ID assigned to my wife and son and daughter who share different cell phones but the same home phone number. How can force the Blackberry to pick my wife's picture over my daughters picture when someone from my home calls from the family telephone ? I know the blackberry cannot actually decide who it is calling but it usually is my wife so I would rather her picture come up. Can you force the order of the caller ID picture display ?
    09-19-08 04:04 PM
    I have a Picture ID assigned to my wife and son and daughter who share different cell phones but the same home phone number. How can force the Blackberry to pick my wife's picture over my daughters picture when someone from my home calls from the family telephone ? I know the blackberry cannot actually decide who it is calling but it usually is my wife so I would rather her picture come up. Can you force the order of the caller ID picture display ?
    the way PicID works is it picks the first number it matches from the PicID database. so if you want your wife to show up then delete your daughter 's and then re-add your daughter. that way your daughter's picID will be at the end of the list.
    09-19-08 06:02 PM
    I got this application and thought I would be able to import my contacts like you can in the $5 picture dial program. That program almost seems like the one I should have bought. I don't have time to add contacts one by one. Very disappointing!
    09-29-08 09:45 AM
    i wish i could uninstall this program. i uninstalled it via options: advanced: applications and there is still a shortcut on my desktop/homepage. when i open it up, i get nothing because i don't "own" the pgm--i just used it for the free one week trial.

my complaint about this program is that it only works on incoming calls, not on your outgoing ones.
    10-05-08 02:29 PM
    i wish i could uninstall this program. i uninstalled it via options: advanced: applications and there is still a shortcut on my desktop/homepage. when i open it up, i get nothing because i don't "own" the pgm--i just used it for the free one week trial.

my complaint about this program is that it only works on incoming calls, not on your outgoing ones.
    did you do a soft reset after you delete picID?
    10-06-08 10:44 AM
    I am stumped... purchased this but can't get it to work!!! I feel like a dumb dumb.

First I (1).Select New PicID, , then I (2). Select Picture...this gives me a store file, a system file, and a SDCard file. (3). If I click any of these , I get nothing but two dashes.

How do I put a picutre into store file or system file?
    10-26-08 05:45 PM
    I am stumped... purchased this but can't get it to work!!! I feel like a dumb dumb.

First I (1).Select New PicID, , then I (2). Select Picture...this gives me a store file, a system file, and a SDCard file. (3). If I click any of these , I get nothing but two dashes.

How do I put a picutre into store file or system file?
    do you have any pictures on the sd card or main memory?
    look in to "sd card/blackberry/pictures" folder
    10-26-08 07:44 PM
    I don't have an SD card. When I select Select a Picture, I get three options: Store, System, and SD Card. How do I find the pictures I have in my pictures folder? Thanks.
    10-26-08 09:49 PM
    I don't have an SD card. When I select Select a Picture, I get three options: Store, System, and SD Card. How do I find the pictures I have in my pictures folder? Thanks.
    ok. then select Store and you will see a blackberry folder. in it there should be samples and picture folders.
    10-27-08 11:12 AM
    i have a question when making a picture i.d is there any way to rotate the crop and save box instead of rotating the actual picture? cuz i find the picture is fine and i zoom out but it still wont fit the picture box. Is it possible to make the picture box rotate? landscape instead of portrait
    10-30-08 05:29 PM
    i have a question when making a picture i.d is there any way to rotate the crop and save box instead of rotating the actual picture? cuz i find the picture is fine and i zoom out but it still wont fit the picture box. Is it possible to make the picture box rotate? landscape instead of portrait
    there is no editing in picID. what you really have to do is edit the picture on your desktop and the copy the picture to your BB. the best way is to do this is in your paint app

1 create a new window eg: 320x240 size for the Curve

2 open the original picture

3 copy the original picture and size if its bigger than
    320x240. copy it to the new window and move it around until your satisfied.

4 save it as a new pic and copy to your sd card or BB memory
    10-30-08 05:45 PM
    So can I not have my callers picture come up on the screen of my 8830 unless I download this additional application from Toysoft? I sms my pictures from another phone and so I have now saved them in the 8830 and is there no way to "set as" the pictures to the phone number and name without an additional application?
    11-02-08 05:25 PM
    So can I not have my callers picture come up on the screen of my 8830 unless I download this additional application from Toysoft? I sms my pictures from another phone and so I have now saved them in the 8830 and is there no way to "set as" the pictures to the phone number and name without an additional application?
    you can but the picture won't be full screen and will default to the Tiny size on the call screen
    11-02-08 08:28 PM
324 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD