PictureID is the ultimate full screen picture callerID application. With full screen picture caller ID you can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. You can also assign a custom picture for caller’s who do not have caller ID information or blocked callers.

Post messages related to PictureID here.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 11-09-09 at 08:27 PM.
    lifeofchaoss likes this.
    07-11-08 03:00 PM
    I'm I allowed to ask questions in this thread even though i just have the trial version ?
    07-11-08 04:48 PM
    I'm I allowed to ask questions in this thread even though i just have the trial version ?
    of course. this is open to everyone.

you do not have to purchase any software from us for support and questions.
    07-11-08 06:03 PM
    I like the idea, but as I said in another thread I'm not too bent outta shape that the default picture doesn't cover the whole screen. Would it be nice? Yes. Am I willing to pay for an app that can do it for me? Not sure yet.
    07-11-08 06:22 PM
    of course. this is open to everyone.

you do not have to purchase any software from us for support and questions.
    Ok great thanks. Couple of quick things. I did a test & set a picid up for my house phone. I then rang my BB from it & all good, picture came up, number came up however I hit end call instead of answer & it came up in my call log as "unknown number" even though it had shown my name & number correctly. I repeated call & answered this time. It came up in call log as my name & number correctly. So it somehow doesn't recognize missed calls from numbers stored in the picid contact list ?

Also is there a quick way to import lots of contacts from my BB at once or do I have to make 200+ new individual items in picid contacts ?

I think its a really great app & will probably get it. Just wanted to check some things out first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 07:29 PM
    Ok great thanks. Couple of quick things. I did a test & set a picid up for my house phone. I then rang my BB from it & all good, picture came up, number came up however I hit end call instead of answer & it came up in my call log as "unknown number" even though it had shown my name & number correctly. I repeated call & answered this time. It came up in call log as my name & number correctly. So it somehow doesn't recognize missed calls from numbers stored in the picid contact list ?

Also is there a quick way to import lots of contacts from my BB at once or do I have to make 200+ new individual items in picid contacts ?

I think its a really great app & will probably get it. Just wanted to check some things out first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the problem is that pictureID is taking over the phone app that is why you get unknown caller in the log file. also picID should have created a new logfile shown the callerID. also there should be two identical logs with the same time. that is work around so that you know who called you.

so for the import of contacts right now you can't but we can easily add an import feature but it will not import the pictures in the contact. also picID is limited to 256 contacts.
    07-11-08 11:10 PM
    Thank you for the responce, i'll have a look again today...I only see 1 entry in my call log though *scratches head*
    07-12-08 05:35 AM
    I go to the picture select and select the media card and it shows no pics........any ideas.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 07-12-08 at 09:33 AM.
    07-12-08 06:16 AM
    I go to the picture select and select the media card and it shows no pics........any ideas.
    do you see other folders? on the sd card the pics are usually in the Blackberry->Pictures folder. you can also create your own folder and copy pictures to the sd card.
    07-12-08 09:33 AM
    I got the other issuse worked out but when I set up an ID and then click preview it doesnt show any pics just the hour glass. So i tried calling and no luck just regular old screen no pics.
    07-12-08 12:42 PM
    Here is the new beta 1.0.3

Changes
    ----------

1. added resize to fit screen in the Prefs. also if the image is greater than the physical screen size then PictureID will automatically resize the pic to fit the screen. Note: if the picture is very large it will take time to resize. this will delay the ringtone. We have tested pictures from 300K to 3meg in size on the sd card. you wouldnt want to resize a 2meg pic. pictures from 300K to 500K works fine and shows no delay.

2. modified the file browser to remember the last path.

3. minor fix if the caller disconnects or your ignore the call.

here is the OTA version http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    07-12-08 12:45 PM
    A new beta v1.0.9 has been posted.

OTA link http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    07-14-08 10:05 PM
    The resize should also include "keep aspect ratio", so one could have the option of forcing fullscreen resize or ONLY height or width.

When not resizing, the position could also be selectable - middle, top right, top left.. etc.

The background color should also be selectable.

My 2 cents, keep up the awesome work.
    Last edited by M3ta; 07-17-08 at 07:03 AM.
    07-17-08 06:58 AM
    PictureID not work when phone locking.
    help me!
    07-19-08 09:30 AM
    PictureID not work when phone locking.
    help me!
    correct. there is no way programmatically unlock the phone from a 3rd party app. Even RIM support said there is no way.
    07-19-08 05:05 PM
    New beta has been posted.

Changes
    ---------

- Better compatibility
    - Added option to close the Missed Call screen. If missed call screen is displayed PicID will not show the picture
    - Added option to show caller ID number
    - Added Color font. Currently only one font. More will be added
    - Fixed the call log. Now very call is logged

OTA download http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad or visit our website Toysoft Website
    08-05-08 11:00 AM
    I just downloaded the trial version of picture ID and I cannot figure i out.
    Any suggestions or help??
    08-05-08 11:58 AM
    Not sure if this is a 4.5.0.66 bug but here it goes�..I installed toysoft.ca�s PicID version 1.1.9 over the version that was on my phone 1.1 previously on my Sprint Curve 8330. This is the program that allows you to have a full screen called ID when you get an incoming call. Ever since I installed it, there is a very nasty bug that is driving me crazy�.when I end a call, rather than return to my home screen, I am returned to the call log. This is quite annoying and I am hoping to fix this. I was reading the change log for the 1.1.9 version and apparently, one of the fixes made was to the call log so I am sure this is what is causing the problem. I have since uninstalled the program but some remnant of it must have remained behind and causing this issue. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance!
    08-05-08 10:13 PM
    I just downloaded the trial version of picture ID and I cannot figure i out.
    Any suggestions or help??
    did you read the manual yet?
    it is pretty straight forward. there is what you do

1 press the menu key on the keyboard and select Global PictureID and assign the unknown and known

2 for custom ids select the New PictureID menu and add your picture
    08-06-08 10:23 AM
    I downloaded the beta from your website and installed it using the App Loader. Help About says it is version 1.1.1. When I try to select a picture from my microSD card, I get an endless loop asking for permission to access the card. The Picture ID manual says it accepts JPG, PNG, or GIF, but the on-device help says PNG only.

Also, your link above says the current beta is 1.1.9. I thought maybe I had just gotten an old version from the PC download, so I attempted to download the jad using the bb browser, but got first a 404 error, then "Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor. The Midlet-version attribute is not a valid version number.

I'd like to try your product. Can you help?
    I'm using a Verizon 8830, OS 4.2.2.176, with a 2GB microSD card. There are jpgs on the card in the default pictures folder, but no GIF or PNG. Is the documentation incorrect when it says the app uses jpg?
    08-06-08 11:05 AM
    I downloaded the beta from your website and installed it using the App Loader. Help About says it is version 1.1.1. When I try to select a picture from my microSD card, I get an endless loop asking for permission to access the card. The Picture ID manual says it accepts JPG, PNG, or GIF, but the on-device help says PNG only.

Also, your link above says the current beta is 1.1.9. I thought maybe I had just gotten an old version from the PC download, so I attempted to download the jad using the bb browser, but got first a 404 error, then "Error: invalid manifest or application descriptor. The Midlet-version attribute is not a valid version number.

I'd like to try your product. Can you help?
    I'm using a Verizon 8830, OS 4.2.2.176, with a 2GB microSD card. There are jpgs on the card in the default pictures folder, but no GIF or PNG. Is the documentation incorrect when it says the app uses jpg?
    if you goto pictureID main page then it is the public release. the beta version is here www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

is your security turn on for sd card access? is your BB corporate device?
    08-06-08 11:56 PM
    Not sure if this is a 4.5.0.66 bug but here it goes�..I installed toysoft.ca�s PicID version 1.1.9 over the version that was on my phone 1.1 previously on my Sprint Curve 8330. This is the program that allows you to have a full screen called ID when you get an incoming call. Ever since I installed it, there is a very nasty bug that is driving me crazy�.when I end a call, rather than return to my home screen, I am returned to the call log. This is quite annoying and I am hoping to fix this. I was reading the change log for the 1.1.9 version and apparently, one of the fixes made was to the call log so I am sure this is what is causing the problem. I have since uninstalled the program but some remnant of it must have remained behind and causing this issue. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled the app. still had a problem, I even did a wipe handheld (clean sweep is what I call it) and the problem still exists!! Arrr Someone please help this is so annoying!
    08-07-08 01:16 AM
    if you goto pictureID main page then it is the public release. the beta version is here www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad

is your security turn on for sd card access? is your BB corporate device?
    Yes, my 8830 is on a BES. It is password protected, and I have Content Protection enabled, but the Address Book is excluded. The microSD is enabled and not encrypted.

When I click on the link quoted using my blackberry browser, I get the following: "Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor. The "Midlet-Version" attribute is not a valid version number."

I am running Verizon OS 4.2.2.176 Platform 3.0.0.79.

Thanks for your help.
    08-07-08 05:29 AM
    Can someone please help. I have the curve 8310 and every since I downloaded PicId, which i have uninstalled, now everytime I end a call, instead of returning to my home screen, I am returned to the call log. I even did a wipe handheld and the problem is still there. This is driving me up the wall! How can this be fixed? Now I'm scared to download anything.
    08-07-08 07:01 AM
    Yes, my 8830 is on a BES. It is password protected, and I have Content Protection enabled, but the Address Book is excluded. The microSD is enabled and not encrypted.

When I click on the link quoted using my blackberry browser, I get the following: "Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor. The "Midlet-Version" attribute is not a valid version number."

I am running Verizon OS 4.2.2.176 Platform 3.0.0.79.

Thanks for your help.
    ok. i have uploaded a new version. pls try it again http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    08-08-08 09:51 AM
324 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD