LOL me again.............One small problem. When resting phone in charging pod, phone is set to go to bedside mode automatically. It stays in bedside mode for a few seconds and then the screen goes back to the "assigned photos" screen. It exits out of bedside mode.

Does that whether charging via usb port or resting in charging cradle.

Just another FYI.
    06-09-10 08:39 PM
    LOL me again.............One small problem. When resting phone in charging pod, phone is set to go to bedside mode automatically. It stays in bedside mode for a few seconds and then the screen goes back to the "assigned photos" screen. It exits out of bedside mode.

Does that whether charging via usb port or resting in charging cradle.

Just another FYI.
    the goto the prefs and uncheck the last checkbox about the black screen if you have it checked
    06-10-10 11:16 PM
    here is the latest beta v3.0.5 for OS5

ota http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

this version now automatically rotates the picture if the original picture was taken in a different orientation.
    06-10-10 11:19 PM
    is there a storm 2 version?
    here is the latest beta v3.0.5 for OS5

ota http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

this version now automatically rotates the picture if the original picture was taken in a different orientation.
    06-11-10 10:12 AM
    is there a storm 2 version?
    this version 3 beta works on all BB with OS5. so yes it works on Storm 2
    06-11-10 10:52 AM
    i like the new layout, and i have thumbnails off and i find that it is still slow. when you first enter the app but after that its fine. its also slow when saving
    06-11-10 06:59 PM
    the goto the prefs and uncheck the last checkbox about the black screen if you have it checked
    TY very much for all the tips. This is one of my favorite programs for the blackberry. Got it working fine now. Thanks for your patience with me.
    06-11-10 08:53 PM
    i like the new layout, and i have thumbnails off and i find that it is still slow. when you first enter the app but after that its fine. its also slow when saving
    make sure you get v3.0.5. the older beta uses sqlLite which is really slow when reading from the SDcard
    06-11-10 11:16 PM
    can you give me a link,....or is it the same one that is a few quotes up?
    06-11-10 11:57 PM
    new beta version 3.0.5 for BBOS5

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID.jad

2 set permissions to all allow in the Options app for picid

changes
    ---------

1 saving is now faster when editing a picid

2 deleting is now faster

3 better performance when thumbnail preview is turned on

let me know if you have any problems
    06-14-10 09:29 AM
    I had already posted this a couple of days ago and for some reason my post disappeared...I downloaded the latest version of PictureID and got the following problems:

- black screen when phone rings and I take it out of the holster to answer. It just stays black until I miss the call or answer (I've tried checking or un-checking the "black screen" box in Preferences)
    - After setting a few contact pictures, right after saving one and getting back to the list, all contacts pictures changed to the same pic for all of them
    - lastly I found the app slowed down everything on my phone. It wasn't lagging before I install the app. After installing it, everything was lagging excessively, not only PictureID

PictureID seems like an awesome app and I would definitely pay to have the full version, but need it to work good! Please help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 07:30 AM
    Smiley88 ? Anyone else from Toysoft ???
    07-28-10 07:12 PM
    we originally designed v3 to store all the pics and info on the sdcard but using the sd card for lookup isnt fast. for optimal performance resize all your pics to 360x480 or 720x960. this will be quicker.

Does this mean I should move pics I am using for contacts to internal memory or does the app create a copy there on it's own?

Also, is there a way to backup the app settings and contact pic assignments to SD card? If so, is it done automatically? I can't find the option. I see the ability to import id's from version 2, but no option to backup. The app description says that it's possible. Just a thought, but is the free trial not full featured?? If that's the case, what features are missing?

I noticed that the app description also lists version 2 as having an import all feature. Is that in version 3? Seems like a nice option...

Sorry for all the questions! If this is covered somewhere else, feel free to just link me there.

Thanks!
    Smiley - I posted the above questions on a different thread about a month and a half ago and they went unanswered. I was wondering if you could address them? (I am using version 3.0.6 on a Storm 9550.)
    08-06-10 12:57 PM
    Smiley - I posted the above questions on a different thread about a month and a half ago and they went unanswered. I was wondering if you could address them? (I am using version 3.0.6 on a Storm 9550.)
    there is not export or import feature in PicID v3 yet but will try to add this. in v3 you can import v2 picids if you have v2 installed.

picid doesnt make a copy the pic. so if you have a large pic and needs to rotate for example it will delay the display when you get a call. best way is to resize the picture to fit the screen so that it will display faster.
    08-06-10 02:33 PM
    Smiley - Do you not have an answer/fix for my post above?

08-06-10 02:36 PM
    Smiley - Do you not have an answer/fix for my post above?

if you have OS5 and the LCD screen turns off and you get a call you will either get a Black screen or pictureID. if you ge a blackscreen you have 2 choices

1. in picID prefs scroll down to the bottom and check the checkbox

2. If you have a Storm get PatternLock free version and set it to auto turn off lcd screen in 1 second

If you find your bb slow then do not check to search the contacts in the prefs. edit all your pictures to smaller or to screen size
    08-07-10 12:33 AM
    I just upgraded to 3.1. My problem is I cannot select pictures. I go to a caller id profile, select a photo to set, and nothing happens. I select it as always, but it doesnt set anything. Can anyone help ?
    09-18-10 12:00 PM
    I just upgraded to 3.1. My problem is I cannot select pictures. I go to a caller id profile, select a photo to set, and nothing happens. I select it as always, but it doesnt set anything. Can anyone help ?
    Due to the OS5 and OS5 bug you need to uncheck "use system filepicker" in the prefs in picid
    09-18-10 11:20 PM
    i never understand why nobody can make a sms picture id in FULLSCREEN toysoft, can wee have that, your pictureid for incoming call is very good, can you make the same thing for the sms, the pic on your smsid is very very small, its so diffucult to have sms picture id in fullscreen, if you do that i think a lot of people will buy
    Last edited by toto62; 12-28-10 at 04:39 AM.
    12-28-10 04:30 AM
    i never understand why nobody can make a sms picture id in FULLSCREEN toysoft, can wee have that, your pictureid for incoming call is very good, can you make the same thing for the sms, the pic on your smsid is very very small, its so diffucult to have sms picture id in fullscreen, if you do that i think a lot of people will buy
    where would you put the text then? just overlay on top of the full screen picture?
    12-29-10 01:11 PM
    I tried to redownload the app from the ota link support gave me but it is now not working. Can I get it resent to me? I have my activation code and prior link given through support
    03-08-11 06:33 PM
    love this app!
    06-30-12 07:06 PM
    I purchased this app last night and I think it is great.

I have one question. When I am on the phone and a new call comes in, the picture of the person I am talking to comes up on the screen not the person calling in.

When that happens, the screen freezes until I disconnect the call.

I have a VZW 9930 7.1 649 and I use SliderPhoneLock as a third party screen lock app

Thank you in advance for your time
    08-22-12 10:42 PM
    I purchased this app last night and I think it is great.

I have one question. When I am on the phone and a new call comes in, the picture of the person I am talking to comes up on the screen not the person calling in.

When that happens, the screen freezes until I disconnect the call.

I have a VZW 9930 7.1 649 and I use SliderPhoneLock as a third party screen lock app

Thank you in advance for your time
    I will have a look.
    08-23-12 10:03 AM
324 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD