Been working fine on OS .451. I do get the wake up option bug and I know from your 20+ repeated posts it's due to the fix needed for it to work os 5.0.

I was just wondering on the backup it doesn't save the color scheme..just the contact info/pics. Can that be added in a future update? tia
    03-09-10 11:47 PM
    Been working fine on OS .451. I do get the wake up option bug and I know from your 20+ repeated posts it's due to the fix needed for it to work os 5.0.

I was just wondering on the backup it doesn't save the color scheme..just the contact info/pics. Can that be added in a future update? tia
    My wakeup bug is different than the 20+ posts directed at the other wake up bug which I had come to accept as part of the app. My wakeup bug locks the screen to black for all incoming calls. Only way to wake up is to answer call with no idea who's calling. I was advised to delete and re-install when testing is complete on .484.
    03-10-10 12:52 PM
    here is the latest beta 2.4.3

This version is for the OS5 devices ONLY!

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/test/PictureID2.jad

2 reset your bb and set permissions to all allow in the options app

changes
    ----------

Fixed the problem on OS5 when the bb screen is off.

please let me know if you have any problems.
    03-15-10 04:09 PM
    why does it take so long to select a pic?
    03-18-10 04:31 AM
    why does it take so long to select a pic?
    if the folder has 100's of pics then it takes time to scan it.
    recommend you to make a new folder and put only pictures that you use for picID there for faster access
    03-18-10 01:58 PM
    Beta 2.4.3 Has solved the screen with OS5 on my blackberry tour 9630. No more wake up bug or blank screen when my friends called. Thank You very much. I was going insane.

EDIT: I spoke too soon the wake up bug is still their at times.
    Last edited by er1ca; 03-20-10 at 10:49 AM.
    03-20-10 09:01 AM
    here is the latest beta for OS5. Hopefully this will work when the BB LCD screen is off for those of you having problems.

ota install http://www.toysoft.ca/test/PictureID2.jad

do a battery pull if the device is not restarted.

reset all permissions to allow after install in the options

Tested on tour OS5.0.484 and 9700 OS5.0.442

Known issue: If the BB screen is off and when you hangup PictureID2 screen will be shown. Just press the ESC key to close it.

please let me know if this version works.
    03-27-10 04:39 PM
    This latest version of the app fixes my "wake up bug" issue. Working great for me. Thank you.
    03-29-10 11:41 AM
    I have two tours verizon with the lastest version OS system. I just donwloaded the above link. When I put the phone in the cradle to chare it displays the pic id preferences screen with version 2.5 so the bedside mode is useless

My other tour I did not upgrade the pic id program. it is still at version 2.36 and it work flawlessly on the new 5.0 Verizon Tour OS.

help. please
    04-01-10 10:49 AM
    I have two tours verizon with the lastest version OS system. I just donwloaded the above link. When I put the phone in the cradle to chare it displays the pic id preferences screen with version 2.5 so the bedside mode is useless

My other tour I did not upgrade the pic id program. it is still at version 2.36 and it work flawlessly on the new 5.0 Verizon Tour OS.

help. please
    if v2.3.6 works then use that version and no need to upgrade. the latest update is for those who have problems. i think most are Bold users
    04-01-10 11:06 AM
    Smiley88: thanks for answering my question. I appreciate it. Now working as should be! Your're the best.
    04-01-10 07:51 PM
    got a problem.....i had version 2.4.3 and everything was working and i went with 2.4.5 and now when i unlock patternlock 2.0 the pic screen shows up after unlocking and i have to hit the escape key to exit....can i get 2.4.3 back?
    04-02-10 12:18 AM
    got a problem.....i had version 2.4.3 and everything was working and i went with 2.4.5 and now when i unlock patternlock 2.0 the pic screen shows up after unlocking and i have to hit the escape key to exit....can i get 2.4.3 back?
    sorry you can't at this point but we will make a different version once testing is done.
    04-02-10 09:55 AM
    i went back to 2.4 and everything is fine accept the every now and then it not popping up when locked....so ill wait for the update thanks
    04-03-10 03:09 AM
    i went back to 2.4 and everything is fine accept the every now and then it not popping up when locked....so ill wait for the update thanks
    pictureID will not work when the device or keyboard is locked
    04-03-10 09:55 AM
    I installed v 2.4.5 and I still have the 2 sec pictureID2 screen upon waking up my phone.

I also have the issue when I am on a phone call...once the call is over the picID screen is present.

I am on the verge of uninstalling this app....it is proving to be high maintenance.
    04-05-10 09:20 PM
    I installed v 2.4.5 and I still have the 2 sec pictureID2 screen upon waking up my phone.

I also have the issue when I am on a phone call...once the call is over the picID screen is present.

I am on the verge of uninstalling this app....it is proving to be high maintenance.
    make have to just create a version for the Storm only as it works in the previous updates.
    04-06-10 01:56 AM
    huh? is there a storm version?
    04-06-10 04:53 AM

Yo, I'm on the 2.4.3 version and it works pretty well. No 2 sec screen on wake up, no picID when finishing a call. Maybe give 2.4.3 a shot.
    04-06-10 07:46 AM
    Yo, I'm on the 2.4.3 version and it works pretty well. No 2 sec screen on wake up, no picID when finishing a call. Maybe give 2.4.3 a shot.

Can you copy the .jad link and send it to me?

[email protected]
    04-06-10 08:51 AM
    I am going to uninstall and wait for an actual Storm2 version of this app.

I think the idea or concept works...but it needs some serious work to get it flawless.

In the meantime, I will begin grabbing photos of contacts so that when there is a S2 version I am ready to go.
    04-06-10 09:46 AM
    Thanks so much. I love the os5 but it has caused a lot of problems with older 3rd party apps. Thank God for Crackberry!
    04-09-10 07:06 PM
    Just want to inform everyone that with the lastest OS 5 pictureID is no longer working when the LCD screen turns off.

This has worked on OS5 Storm1 v419 and Tour 484.

RIM must have done something when the BB is in sleep mode.

We will continue to search out a fix.
    04-09-10 09:41 PM
    I have given up on this app. I installed the newest version for my Tour 9630 on sprint. Time out bug still appears, My friends call all i see is a black blank screen, Not their picture. I have removed this app from my phone now & I'm using the stock one found on the phone.

EDIT: I have switched to Photo Caller ID Deluxe & it works flawless. Did a battery pull , Had my friends call me & Their picture shows now No more black screen or time out bugs YAY!!!

EDIT: OS 5.0.0.484
    Last edited by er1ca; 04-11-10 at 06:43 AM.
    04-10-10 09:49 AM
    I have given up on this app. I installed the newest version for my Tour 9630 on sprint. Time out bug still appears, My friends call all i see is a black blank screen, Not their picture. I have removed this app from my phone now & I'm using the stock one found on the phone.

EDIT: I have switched to Photo Caller ID Deluxe & it works flawless. Did a battery pull , Had my friends call me & Their picture shows now No more black screen or time out bugs YAY!!!
    which OS are you running on your Tour? 4.7 or 5.0?
    04-10-10 11:47 AM
324 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD