you know what I think would be cool? If they could integrate PictureID and PictureDial together into one product (one pic list, one contact list, one interface, etc.)
    I agree I have had some annoying problems with my PictureID too (blank screens, pics not full size), but if this app worked correctly, I'd call it the best app in the world.
    On that note, why isn't it built into BlackBerry's OS as a feature in the first place?
    01-04-10 02:34 PM
    Has pictureID been pulled? None of the links here work and I don't find it on their website.
    01-07-10 09:41 AM
    Has pictureID been pulled? None of the links here work and I don't find it on their website.
    no. the beta and testing links might be.

try our site Toysoft, Inc.
    01-07-10 10:39 AM
    having a weird issue in which I need to re-register picid2 when I reboot. Think it started happening after purchasing picturedial2. Permissions are set all on allow..tried reinstalling, but same thing..any ideas?
    01-20-10 08:35 PM
    having a weird issue in which I need to re-register picid2 when I reboot. Think it started happening after purchasing picturedial2. Permissions are set all on allow..tried reinstalling, but same thing..any ideas?
    are both prefs missing or just picturedial2?
    01-20-10 09:41 PM
    here is the latest beta

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/test/PictureID2.jad

2 do a battery pull if the bb does not reset

3 reset all permissions to allow in the options app

changes
    ---------

- fixed the expiration bug. this was a bug due to changes added for OS5

- fixed the import picid problem.
    01-21-10 11:00 AM
    here is the latest beta

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/test/PictureID2.jad

2 do a battery pull if the bb does not reset

3 reset all permissions to allow in the options app

changes
    ---------

- fixed the expiration bug. this was a bug due to changes added for OS5

- fixed the import picid problem.
    That beta fixed the expiry bug on OS 5.0.0.419. However, I notice one small bug still exists. I'll see if I can describe it for you.

When phone is at rest, just laying on my desk and the backlight has gone out, and key you touch to turn the screen back on again, well you get the preferences screen for PictureID before the phone actually selects what you want it too. I really really like the program, just wish this small flaw would go away, I have two tours. This does not happen on the other one which still has the 4.7 OS installed. Just throught you might want to check it out.
    02-04-10 12:10 PM
    That beta fixed the expiry bug on OS 5.0.0.419. However, I notice one small bug still exists. I'll see if I can describe it for you.

When phone is at rest, just laying on my desk and the backlight has gone out, and key you touch to turn the screen back on again, well you get the preferences screen for PictureID before the phone actually selects what you want it too. I really really like the program, just wish this small flaw would go away, I have two tours. This does not happen on the other one which still has the 4.7 OS installed. Just throught you might want to check it out.
    this issue was brought up before. the reason is for the OS5 fix. it appears OS5 is acting different than OS4.7
    02-04-10 01:10 PM
    I had to delete Pic ID and buzzoff, they simply will not work reliably on my tour running 5.0.0.419. Pic ID and buzzoff works fine on my other tour running the 4.7 OS.

It seems to me the Pic ID and buzzoff duplicate functions, I never had any trouble with PIC ID until the version came out that allows for call blocking.

I already have call blocking software, I really just wish the pic id function would work on Tour OS 5.0 without all the call block features, you already have buzzoff for that.

Help from a loyal Toysoft fan.
    02-14-10 10:39 AM
    I had to delete it as well. It just worked intermittently on my S2 and I'm not sure why. Could be the OS, maybe the theme, I don't know. I just wish the app was strictly big pictureid and nothing else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 10:48 AM
    I had to delete Pic ID and buzzoff, they simply will not work reliably on my tour running 5.0.0.419. Pic ID and buzzoff works fine on my other tour running the 4.7 OS.

It seems to me the Pic ID and buzzoff duplicate functions, I never had any trouble with PIC ID until the version came out that allows for call blocking.

I already have call blocking software, I really just wish the pic id function would work on Tour OS 5.0 without all the call block features, you already have buzzoff for that.

Help from a loyal Toysoft fan.
    if you use the latest beta it works. you can disble callblockin in picid.

for 5.0 there was a workaround because of the 5.0 issue.
    02-14-10 11:12 AM
    if you use the latest beta it works. you can disble callblockin in picid.

for 5.0 there was a workaround because of the 5.0 issue.
    Where's the latest beta and does it work on the Storm/Storm2?
    02-14-10 11:14 AM
    Just tried the latest beta release usuing tour 5.0.0.419 Now their are no thumbnail pics when you enable the checkbox for display. I figured out how to disable the call blocking.

I've deleted and added photos and still cannot get a full screen picture, even though in preview mode it shows a full screen photo.

The other tour I have with OS 4.7 OS still works fine. I really miss the full screen photos.
    02-18-10 05:58 PM
    Just tried the latest beta release usuing tour 5.0.0.419 Now their are no thumbnail pics when you enable the checkbox for display. I figured out how to disable the call blocking.

I've deleted and added photos and still cannot get a full screen picture, even though in preview mode it shows a full screen photo.

The other tour I have with OS 4.7 OS still works fine. I really miss the full screen photos.
    Where did you get the latest beta from and what's the release number? Also, how did you disable the call blocking? TIA
    02-18-10 07:41 PM
    the beta is a few posts back up the page. link's been posted and active.

In the call blocking part, I just changed the option to do nothing.
    02-18-10 08:53 PM
    the beta is a few posts back up the page. link's been posted and active.

In the call blocking part, I just changed the option to do nothing.
    Thanks. Now can you check to see if that version keeps your registration #. A few versions ago, it kept reverting to a trial version (I don't know how). And thanks for the call blocker think - mine was always set to DO NOTHING on the call blocker.
    02-18-10 09:17 PM
    yes it keeps registration number.

Just won't show a full screen photo on OS 5.0 and it did for a while.

Still works perfectly on OS 4.7 tour that I have.
    02-18-10 09:21 PM
    Keeping the reg # - good.
    Not showing the full screen photo (what we paid for) - not so much!
    02-18-10 09:29 PM
    Hello. bought this a few days ago. I think its an okay app for my storm2, but every now and then, when you pull the BB out of the leather pouch, it jumps to the Picture ID screen. Is there a fix to this. Is this a known bug?

Also, when you preview a PIC ID, my numbers show up all together. However when an actual call comes in, it breaks up the phone number with hyphens. This makes the number look really weird here in the UK. Please help anyone.
    Last edited by tellmickey; 02-19-10 at 04:42 AM.
    02-19-10 03:45 AM
    Keeping the reg # - good.
    Not showing the full screen photo (what we paid for) - not so much!
    did you do a battery pull?
    did you set all permissions to allow in the Options app? try setting them to Deny and save and Allow again
    02-19-10 09:48 AM
    I purchased pictureid version2.3.6 i have the bb storm2 and i cant seem to find the manual nor can i figure how how to make it work...i have allowed permissions and edited the info for the contact but no change..is there a how to or someone the give me a step by step..Ive searched everywhere and starting to get frustrated with it..please help...thanks!
    02-23-10 11:19 AM
    I purchased pictureid version2.3.6 i have the bb storm2 and i cant seem to find the manual nor can i figure how how to make it work...i have allowed permissions and edited the info for the contact but no change..is there a how to or someone the give me a step by step..Ive searched everywhere and starting to get frustrated with it..please help...thanks!
    1 do a battery pull to reset your bb

2 set all permissions to allow in the Options->application app for picid

3 run picid and then goto the preferences and assign callerid and nocallerID pictures and test them

4 call your bb and see if the picture shows up in full screen

5 you can then add custom pictures for callers in the PictureID screen
    02-23-10 11:29 AM
    The link to beta 2.3.5 in post 221 doesnt seem to work. im trying to fix the menu screen showing on phone wake up issue. getting fed up with this.
    03-02-10 04:23 AM
    Has there been any testing and/or modification to newest pictureID to accomodate for .484 on a sprint tour? Need the bug fixed where when incoming call does not wake up screen negating the whole purpose for a call ID app in the first place. Only way to wake up screen is to answer call. Please advise.
    03-09-10 10:38 AM
    Has there been any testing and/or modification to newest pictureID to accomodate for .484 on a sprint tour? Need the bug fixed where when incoming call does not wake up screen negating the whole purpose for a call ID app in the first place. Only way to wake up screen is to answer call. Please advise.
    we have only tested on the official 419 release.

which version of picid are you running?
    03-09-10 01:08 PM
324 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD