Cab we restore contacts from our old PictureID2?
    as long as you export the picids to the sd card. you can then import it after
    11-07-09 10:38 PM
    as long as you export the picids to the sd card. you can then import it after
    I exported the picids to SD card then restore back. However, cannot display Chinese name after restore. So, had to inport from contact again. Can you fix it? Thanks!
    11-09-09 06:35 AM
    I exported the picids to SD card then restore back. However, cannot display Chinese name after restore. So, had to inport from contact again. Can you fix it? Thanks!
    did you select the correct font?
    11-09-09 09:44 AM
    Installed and working well.
    Haven't been running long enough to tell if it running in the background is effecting mem any. But for the past hour have been sitting steady at about 32M
    11-09-09 01:55 PM
    New beta here http://www.toysoft.ca/test/PictureID2.jad

For BBOS 4.7 and higher only

Install and do a reset on the device and set all permissions to allow

changes
    ---------

- replaced the buttons with icon list
    Last edited by Smiley88; 11-10-09 at 01:58 PM.
    11-09-09 04:08 PM
    Free update for v2 users

changes
    --------

-replaced buttons with icon list on the main screen

-added date and time on the call screen. you can turn on and off in the prefs

-fixed the problem with unknown picture

-removed area code database because of patent issues. if you want to continue to use use area code then DO NOT upgrade to this version. please do not ask us for the older version with area code support

-compatible with OS5 devices
    11-10-09 01:58 PM
    Thanks again Smiley for creating this app and for the update!
    Just wondering... is it supposed to continually be running in the background (shown when holding down bb button) ? Is this some change that had to be made to be compatible with 5.0?
    11-10-09 02:21 PM
    -removed area code database because of patent issues. if you want to continue to use use area code then DO NOT upgrade to this version. please do not ask us for the older version with area code support
    Let me guess, the patent holder's name start with Ce and ends with quint?

That's a shame.
    11-10-09 11:15 PM
    Trying to download 2.2.8 OTA but the link not work?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 11:38 PM
    let me guess, the patent holder's name start with ce and ends with quint?

That's a shame.
    more or less
    11-10-09 11:55 PM
    Trying to download 2.2.8 OTA but the link not work?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    get it here http://www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID2.jad

reset device and set permissions to allow after install
    11-10-09 11:57 PM
    does the new update address it running in the background (or is it suppose to)? Not a big deal but when I wake up my screen the menu is always there for a split second then goes away.
    Also noticed some of my blocked callers the phone will ring for a second then it disconnects them. I thought back before OS 5 it didn't ring at all :shrug:
    11-11-09 10:39 AM
    does the new update address it running in the background (or is it suppose to)? Not a big deal but when I wake up my screen the menu is always there for a split second then goes away.
    Also noticed some of my blocked callers the phone will ring for a second then it disconnects them. I thought back before OS 5 it didn't ring at all :shrug:
    this is how it works on Os5 unfortunately and you will have to live with it until rim fixes the problem in the next OS or we find a better way of doing this on OS5.

i will add a timer delay for you to set for blocking. on some devices it needs a delay because other wise PictureID will block the caller too quickly and this will cause the phone app not to receive the event.
    11-11-09 11:24 AM
    this is how it works on Os5 unfortunately and you will have to live with it until rim fixes the problem in the next OS or we find a better way of doing this on OS5.

i will add a timer delay for you to set for blocking. on some devices it needs a delay because other wise PictureID will block the caller too quickly and this will cause the phone app not to receive the event.
    This is what happens to mine too. I think that should have been mentioned in the update info so that users could have decided if they wanted to stay with the older version and not have this happen. It's a little annoying. And the update email says "Don't ask for the older version" or something like that. If I want to go back to the previous version how can I do that?
    11-11-09 03:11 PM
    I've had the app for ages, and upgraded yesterday. It looks great however, but I am having the 'setup screen' issue as described above. I think I can live with it, but we'll see - I might get annoyed enough over time to get rid of it. I hope this can be fixed (whether on the app or OS side).

Also, when I plug it in and the clock comes on in sleep mode, when the screen dims the setup screen comes up and does not go away. So while I normally use my Storm as an alarm clock across the room, the setup screen is what displayed the whole night. This one could cause me to delete very soon.
    11-11-09 03:42 PM
    does the new update address it running in the background (or is it suppose to)?
    I think it's supposed to keep running in the background in order to "listen" for an incoming call. If it's not running then it doesn't know to show a picture.
    11-11-09 04:06 PM
    I've had the app for ages, and upgraded yesterday. It looks great however, but I am having the 'setup screen' issue as described above. I think I can live with it, but we'll see - I might get annoyed enough over time to get rid of it. I hope this can be fixed (whether on the app or OS side).

Also, when I plug it in and the clock comes on in sleep mode, when the screen dims the setup screen comes up and does not go away. So while I normally use my Storm as an alarm clock across the room, the setup screen is what displayed the whole night. This one could cause me to delete very soon.
    this is a work around for OS5 until there is a better solution or when rim updates the OS.
    11-11-09 05:35 PM
    This was a waste of money. The full size picture ID does not work unless your phone is unlocked and not in sleep mode. I don't know about anyone else but my phone always goes into sleep mode after a set amount of time to prevent my battery from going dead. Otherwise you will get a blank screen when you receive a call.. You will also have to resubmit each contact that you want to appear as full size. This can be a daunting task considering I have over 300 contacts.
    I talked with Toysoft support via email several locations and their instructions are short text replies telling you you need to edit profiles but no step by step instructions. I do not recommend this product.
    11-12-09 01:15 PM
    This was a waste of money. The full size picture ID does not work unless your phone is unlocked and not in sleep mode. I don't know about anyone else but my phone always goes into sleep mode after a set amount of time to prevent my battery from going dead. Otherwise you will get a blank screen when you receive a call.. You will also have to resubmit each contact that you want to appear as full size. This can be a daunting task considering I have over 300 contacts.
    I talked with Toysoft support via email several locations and their instructions are short text replies telling you you need to edit profiles but no step by step instructions. I do not recommend this product.
    if you have read the description it state it clearly that when your bb is locked fulls screen picture id will not work. that is because application can not be run when the device is locked. this is rim security and not pictureID problem.

secondly you do not need to have a picture for every contact but if you need to you can. the reason you need to reassign each picture is because the picture in the contacts are in thumbnail size and when resized it looks terrible.

A trial version is available for you to test before you decide to purchase.
    11-12-09 05:34 PM
    I think that the upgrade was not an upgrade since the menu opens up every time you wake your BB. And saying that it's something we have to live with until RIM updates the OS is not an acceptable response. There should be a way for users/purchasers to be able to go back to the previous version if they aren't happy with the upgrade. I personally think that it was not good customer service when Toysoft sent their email about the upgrade and told users NOT to ask for the old version. They should give the user what they want.
    11-13-09 01:13 AM
    here is the latest beta for OS5

1 ota install http://www.toysoft.ca/os5/PictureID2.jad

2 reset the device

3 set permissions to all allow

changes
    ---------

- fixed the problem with bedside mode

- fixed the problem when picid is opened when the screen turns on

let me know if this fixes any of the problems in the last beta.
    11-13-09 02:11 AM
    here is v2.3.6 beta for OS4.7 and higher

OTA http://www.toysoft.ca/os5/PictureID2.jad

reset device and set all permissions after install

changes
    ---------

- disabled sms sending for OS5. this isnt working. looking for a solution

- added time delay for blocking and pickup & hangup. If you are having problems you may want to adjust the delay. You can set the delay from 100ms to 3 seconds before blocking or hangup. Test it out and see which setting is best for you.
    11-13-09 12:13 PM
    Thank you very much for fixing this. I love the full screen pic ID. I just redownloaded it and installed. Bedside mode working fine now.

Appreciate it very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-16-09 08:54 PM
    My problem seems much simpler. I can't see an Options choice when in any screen accociated with Picture ID. I'm not getting any picture at all with incoming calls but can't seem to find my way into the Options to ensure everything is set to allow access.

How do I do this?
    11-21-09 05:06 AM
    My problem seems much simpler. I can't see an Options choice when in any screen accociated with Picture ID. I'm not getting any picture at all with incoming calls but can't seem to find my way into the Options to ensure everything is set to allow access.

How do I do this?
    the Options is on the HomeScreen. do this

1 run Options app on the HomeScreen
    2 select Advanced or application (os5)
    3 select Application (os4.7)
    4 hilite pictureid
    5 select menu key
    6 select edit permissions
    7 set all to allow and save
    11-21-09 09:59 AM
324 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD