The app works perfectly on my Storm running a .148 OS hybrid.
    I've got a brand new Storm 9530 with .148 OS and this app is virtually worthless on it. The previous release (2.0) at least came close to working, but the current release is crap.

Now to go give it a ZERO rating and see how I get my ten bucks back...
    07-10-09 05:29 AM
    Im Sorry if you have posted the asnwer to this already but I currently have the PictureID Verison 1.0. How do I upgrade with out paying the 10 bucks? I see that you have to get the UPGRADE V2 download but cant seem to find it. I downloaded the V2 at the toysoft site and its asking for my registry number. I dont have it anymore more since i purchased V1 a while ago. Thank you.
    Last edited by mzelada; 07-13-09 at 10:57 PM. Reason: more info
    07-13-09 10:17 PM
    I honstly believe this app is good value for the money, i wish it is compatible with Bold since i changed my device from storm to bold
    07-17-09 04:03 PM
    If i have version one do i upgrade to version 2 free or i have to pay??
    07-26-09 06:27 AM
    Email them and they will send you the right link for the update wich only cost couple bucks. Toysoft Support [[email protected]]
    07-26-09 12:16 PM
    here is the latest beta 2.1.3

Storm ota www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID2.jad

all others www.toysoft.ca/ota/PictureID2.jad

reset permissions after you install

changes
    --------

- fixed the picture problem on the Tour. Incoming picture works properly

- fixed the problem with some contacts. some number was working properly especially if you have phone numbers in work 2 or office 2 fields in the contact

- fixed the bug in callerid blocking

- added block type to No CallerID in the prefs

- added name to callerID blocking

if you have any problems please let me know.
    07-28-09 10:47 AM
    My activation code doesn't work with PicID2 ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 11:44 AM
    My activation code doesn't work with PicID2 ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if you have v1 you need to contact us for the upgrade. the cost is $2.95.
    send email to [email protected]
    07-28-09 11:56 AM
    goto our site Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry and install the correct version.

changes
    --------

- better compatibility with the Tour

- enhanced callerid blocking

- better callerid matching

this is a free upgrade for all v2.x users.
    07-29-09 11:26 AM
    I just purchased PictureId 2.2 and installed on my Storm which has OS 5.0.0.140 and have added the PIcureId's . But when people call me, the normal picture ID from the Storm shows up. PictureId is not working. What can be wrong?
    07-31-09 08:10 PM
    I just purchased PictureId 2.2 and installed on my Storm which has OS 5.0.0.140 and have added the PIcureId's . But when people call me, the normal picture ID from the Storm shows up. PictureId is not working. What can be wrong?
    did you set the permissions to all ALLOW in the Options app?
    when you test the picture in picID does it display?
    07-31-09 11:06 PM
    the problem is with the BB security. when your device is locked apps can not show the GUI interface eg: screens. apps can play a sound or vibrate. that is about it. you can not programmatically unlock the device.

it all depends on the orientation when you receive the call. picID will adjust the pic according to the orientation.

I am re-evaluating this program. I set up a couple picIDs. I used a picture that was taken normally (Portrait). When clicking preview, the picture does not show properly. It seems that although the storm knows that it was taken portrait and displays it properly, pictureID does not know and just uses the raw file (which when viewed on a computer is not rotated to view as portrait). So pictureID crops it. Is this making any sense? I will try and upload pics if this does not make sense.
    08-21-09 01:16 PM
    I had the same issue as post #151 with PicId 1.5 (the incorrect "Name" field displayed with the number/city/state/acode of non-contact-list callers).

Has this been fixed in the 2.2 release?
    08-31-09 04:45 PM
    Come on Smiley, a simple yes - no - or we're looking into it.

No offense, but after my 30 yrs in hw/fw/sw development, this has to be one of the sillest, and simpliest bugs to go unfixed.
    09-04-09 01:44 PM
    Anyone else having a problem with PictureID2 and 5.0.0.328 (Storm 1)? It seems to work fine unless the screen times out (goes blck). Then, PictureID does not bring anything up when the phone rings. If I press a key, the screen just goes white. Are we looking into this Smiley?
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 10-29-09 at 02:14 PM.
    10-29-09 02:10 PM
    Anyone else having a problem with PictureID2 and 5.0.0.328 (Storm 1)? It seems to work fine unless the screen times out (goes blck). Then, PictureID does not bring anything up when the phone rings. If I press a key, the screen just goes white. Are we looking into this Smiley?
    Same problems here. I ended up having to uninstall it. Hopefully it will be updated soon.
    10-29-09 11:14 PM
    Yah, I really liked this program too. Had the earlier version as well. Hope Smiley can fix this. It doesn't work on the Storm 2 either.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 10-30-09 at 07:13 PM.
    10-30-09 07:05 PM
    Yah, I really liked this program too. Had the earlier version as well. Hope Smiley can fix this. It doesn't work on the Storm 2 either.
    Yeah! I have the same problem on my Storm 1 (.328). I also installed the free version of StormSlider and it only works before the backlight turning off. Just want to know if this issue is being looked at because may wat purchase it if the application works for me. However, this issue................!
    10-31-09 12:23 PM
    yeah seems RIM had changed the Phone app with 328. it works on the Storm 2 v320.

will have to dig around and see but for now do not install picid on v323 and higher.

if you are just using picid for area code then get CallerInfo app from us. it works only on the storm v323 and higher.
    11-01-09 08:54 AM
    here is the beta version for the OS5

1 OTA http://www.toysoft.ca/test/PictureID2.jad

2 reset the device after install

3 run options->applications app and set all permissions for pictureid to allow

let me know if you have any problems.
    11-05-09 11:47 PM

Installed the update and running good. I will try for few more days then may purchase it. Thanks!
    11-06-09 10:02 AM
    The only problems I've encountered are that the application remains open even after hitting BB menu Close and it will not let me add more than 3 contacts although I purchased it (I'm assuming because it's a beta). Why did you do away with the option to have calls blocked and go to voicemail?
    11-06-09 10:10 AM
    I am re-evaluating this program. I set up a couple picIDs. I used a picture that was taken normally (Portrait). When clicking preview, the picture does not show properly. It seems that although the storm knows that it was taken portrait and displays it properly, pictureID does not know and just uses the raw file (which when viewed on a computer is not rotated to view as portrait). So pictureID crops it. Is this making any sense? I will try and upload pics if this does not make sense.

I downloaded the most recent beta and still have this problem. If I take a picture while holding it upright (portrait). And try and use this picture as my picID, the picID shows up with the picture rotated and cropped. Is there any fix for this?
    11-06-09 12:23 PM
    hey,

here is pictureID2 beta 2.2.6

2 reset device if it doesnt after install

3 set all permissions to allow

changes
    ---------

- fixed the unknown caller display screen. wasnt working properly

- replaced the buttons with icons on the main screen

- added show datetime on the call screen. goto the Prefs and check the checkbox

- better looking text layout on the call screen

- if phone number isnt exact match then it will match the last part

- if you select not to show any text on the callscreen then the blending bar isnt showing
    11-07-09 11:36 AM

Cab we restore contacts from our old PictureID2?
    11-07-09 07:52 PM
324 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD