I purchased the license and I am still using the picture ID. I love it except for the fact that it always reverts back to the last callers "name" from my contact list when displaying a call that comes in from someone not on my list. No one seems to know how to fix this bug?

I originally installed trial version of PictureID (used correct Storm download) solely for the purpose of city,state caller ID. I left nextel/sprint after 10 years and now with my 9530 on Verizon, I do not have city/state caller ID. Because I run an online business this is important to me. The PictureID does work well as for as the city,state ID goes, but I have one problem with it that I cannot resolve. If a call comes in from a phone number not in my contact list, it displays the number, the city, and the state. But it also displays the NAME of the last person I talked to who IS in my contact list. I.E. - I talk to my wife on my telephone and end the call. Then a call comes in from someone in Tennessee. The caller ID displays 615-XXX-XXXX, Nashville, Tennesse, (which is great), but it also has my wife's stored name displayed above it. The customer service at toysoft. ca has been very helpful with other issues I had setting up the app, but they did not respond with a resolution to this problem. Does anyone have any idea what the fix is, or information on another app that will provide city/state caller ID. I have paid for the license and it still does this. I have also tried icallmanager and it does NOT work with my storm. And I have not been able to find berryacode that will work with the storm. Any help would be appreciated. The guy who made pictureid is very smart. I would certainly think that he could help me with this or a app/program that will fix my dilemma with needing city caller id. I am not ever worried about the picture portion of the program.

richardcaleharrington @ hotmail. com
    will look into this and send you a beta when we have it ready for testing.
    06-10-09 10:38 PM
    I am running PictureID 1.5 on my Storm (the Storm-specific version) and I have a couple of problems and suggestions:

PROBLEMS:

1. When setting the Global PicID Setup for Unknown and Known callers, I use a simple 360x420 black background as the default picture with large white text for both. The problem I'm having is that when a contact for whom I haven't set up a specific PicID calls, the caller's name and city/state get merged together and are un-readable, but if I set up the specific caller with the same black background picture, it works fine. (As a newly registered user, the forum software won't let me post images showing what I mean.)

2. For contacts with only one name (i.e. "Mom" or "Dad"), when adding a PicID entry for them, it adds "null" to the name (so "Mom" becomes "null Mom") which I have to manually delete for each entry.

SUGGESTIONS:

1. Allow setting default font, size, color, and position to be set in the preferences screen that carry over to every new entry. My preference is to have the text display on the top and in large white text, so for each contact I have to manually adjust the settings instead of just having a global default.

2. Add a "display in portrait only" preference so that regardless of the Storm's orientation the PicID displays in portrait (even with large text it is pretty hard to read the PicID text in landscape).

3. Add a backup feature or tell us where we can backup the PicID entries to be able to restore them if needed. When I upgraded to the .148 OS over the weekend, I lost all my PicID entries and had to manually re-enter them all.

Thanks!
    06-11-09 09:56 AM
    I am running PictureID 1.5 on my Storm (the Storm-specific version) and I have a couple of problems and suggestions:

PROBLEMS:

1. When setting the Global PicID Setup for Unknown and Known callers, I use a simple 360x420 black background as the default picture with large white text for both. The problem I'm having is that when a contact for whom I haven't set up a specific PicID calls, the caller's name and city/state get merged together and are un-readable, but if I set up the specific caller with the same black background picture, it works fine. (As a newly registered user, the forum software won't let me post images showing what I mean.)

2. For contacts with only one name (i.e. "Mom" or "Dad"), when adding a PicID entry for them, it adds "null" to the name (so "Mom" becomes "null Mom") which I have to manually delete for each entry.

SUGGESTIONS:

1. Allow setting default font, size, color, and position to be set in the preferences screen that carry over to every new entry. My preference is to have the text display on the top and in large white text, so for each contact I have to manually adjust the settings instead of just having a global default.

2. Add a "display in portrait only" preference so that regardless of the Storm's orientation the PicID displays in portrait (even with large text it is pretty hard to read the PicID text in landscape).

3. Add a backup feature or tell us where we can backup the PicID entries to be able to restore them if needed. When I upgraded to the .148 OS over the weekend, I lost all my PicID entries and had to manually re-enter them all.

Thanks!
    thanks for the suggestions. we will work on this. if you like you can turn of area code in the Prefs.
    06-11-09 10:50 AM
    thanks for the suggestions. we will work on this. if you like you can turn of area code in the Prefs.
    That pretty much defeats 90% of the reason I bought the app to begin with, which is to display the city/state/province info for callers not in my contacts.

Please let me know when you expect to resolve the merging issue. This is a fantastic app with a lot of potential once some issues like this are ironed out. Thanks!
    06-12-09 10:03 PM
    If anyone have a Storm and would like to beta test v2.0 then
    pls send email to [email protected]

We have completely rewritten pictureID 2.
    06-15-09 09:11 PM
    v2.0.6 beta

OTA www.toysoft.ca/bb/PictureID2.jad

if you want to go back to v1 then delete v2 and reinstall from this link

OTA www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID.jad

To Do
    ------

1 delete pictureID v1
    2 install v2
    3 set all permissions to all ALLOW for PictureID2 in the Options app
    4 run pictureID2 and select Import V1 PicID from the menu
    5 select Preferences and configure it
    6 if your pictureID is registered then send your pin to [email protected] for the new code

New in v2
    ----------

- simplified interface
    - edit area code database
    - dial contacts and send sms directly in pictureID screen
    - block callers
    - better support for contacts eg: search contacts for caller name and company
    - import and export pictureID to sd card. useful if you upgrade OS alot
    06-16-09 09:47 PM
    Version 2 has been released.

New features
    -------------

- complete rewrite
    - Edit area code
    - block unwanted callers
    - prevent callers from leaving you voicemail
    - dial and send sms directly in pictureID
    - easier to use

Upgrades from 1.x is $2.99

website : Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry
    06-22-09 03:15 AM
    Just purchased v2 and liking it.
    However it doesn't seem to be compatible with berrybuzz..
    Any chance on a future update allowing vibe&ring and/or led color changes in the profiles? tia
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    Just purchased v2 and liking it.
    However it doesn't seem to be compatible with berrybuzz..
    Any chance on a future update allowing vibe&ring and/or led color changes in the profiles? tia
    you can set pictureID to vibrate and while ringtone is playing already.
    06-22-09 01:43 PM
    I just bought 2.0 for my Storm 9530. It seems to be practically worthless. Here are the major problems I'm having with it (I'm guessing there would be more, but I can't really get it to work much):

1. The on screen keyboard won't go away and it is constantly blocking things on the screen that I need/want to see.

2. I can't select a number from my contacts, even though the (admittedly very outdated) documentation claims that I can. I can't even get it to bring up the menu item that's supposed to let me say I want to pick from my contacts list.

3. Where you're touching on the screen is off by a considerable distance from where the application thinks you're touching. I have to go well down into the keyboard on some screens just to get the buttons to highlight.

And now a question that I couldn't find an answer to... can I select a contact to block and have it block all calls from that contact regardless of which one of that contact's numbers they are calling from? It would sure be a lot easier than having to create multiple filters just for one contact.

What I would really like is to be able to create a single filter that lets me insert as many contacts (okay, up to some reasonable limit) as I want and it will block all the calls from any of the numbers for any of the contacts.

FWIW, I'm using version 2.0.10
    07-02-09 12:41 PM
    I just bought 2.0 for my Storm 9530. It seems to be practically worthless. Here are the major problems I'm having with it (I'm guessing there would be more, but I can't really get it to work much):

1. The on screen keyboard won't go away and it is constantly blocking things on the screen that I need/want to see.

2. I can't select a number from my contacts, even though the (admittedly very outdated) documentation claims that I can. I can't even get it to bring up the menu item that's supposed to let me say I want to pick from my contacts list.

3. Where you're touching on the screen is off by a considerable distance from where the application thinks you're touching. I have to go well down into the keyboard on some screens just to get the buttons to highlight.

And now a question that I couldn't find an answer to... can I select a contact to block and have it block all calls from that contact regardless of which one of that contact's numbers they are calling from? It would sure be a lot easier than having to create multiple filters just for one contact.

What I would really like is to be able to create a single filter that lets me insert as many contacts (okay, up to some reasonable limit) as I want and it will block all the calls from any of the numbers for any of the contacts.

FWIW, I'm using version 2.0.10

get v2.1 here www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID2.jad
    07-02-09 05:04 PM
    Okay, I went and got v2.1 and now it's worse. sigh.

Now, I get the initial screen with the Preferences, Picture IDs, and Block Calls buttons but none of the buttons work. The keyboard is taking up the bottom half of the screen and cannot be made to go away. It would also be nice if I could open this app in landscape mode, but that's minor.

The big issue is that all I can do now is bring up the regular menu (using the menu button), which has no way that I can see of adding contacts to be blocked.

At least with the old version I could enter them manually if I wanted.

I even tried to use the menu to import my contacts, and it gave me an "Error Importing Contacts" message.

Any clues or fixes?
    07-03-09 07:33 AM
    Okay, I went and got v2.1 and now it's worse. sigh.

Now, I get the initial screen with the Preferences, Picture IDs, and Block Calls buttons but none of the buttons work. The keyboard is taking up the bottom half of the screen and cannot be made to go away. It would also be nice if I could open this app in landscape mode, but that's minor.

The big issue is that all I can do now is bring up the regular menu (using the menu button), which has no way that I can see of adding contacts to be blocked.

At least with the old version I could enter them manually if I wanted.

I even tried to use the menu to import my contacts, and it gave me an "Error Importing Contacts" message.

Any clues or fixes?

are you sure you installed the storm version?
    sounds like the incorrect version.
    07-03-09 01:47 PM
    are you sure you installed the storm version?
    sounds like the incorrect version.
    Since I'm too new to include links, I'll have to tell you what link I used to install it.

It was at the toysoft web page in the storm folder and was called PictureID2.jad

Just to be sure, I reinstalled it from that same link with the same results. It said it was installing version 2.1.

As a reminder, I'm running this on a Storm 9530 just in case that matters.

What is the "Application Loader" that's on your download page? Forgive my new-to-blackberry ignorance, but is that something I need to do something with?
    07-06-09 11:47 AM
    Since I'm too new to include links, I'll have to tell you what link I used to install it.

It was at the toysoft web page in the storm folder and was called PictureID2.jad

Just to be sure, I reinstalled it from that same link with the same results. It said it was installing version 2.1.

As a reminder, I'm running this on a Storm 9530 just in case that matters.

What is the "Application Loader" that's on your download page? Forgive my new-to-blackberry ignorance, but is that something I need to do something with?
    you should use the link for the storm www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID2.jad

if you do not have internet access to install Over The Air then you need to download the zip file and use the desktop loader to install the app. You can ignore this if you do OTA install
    07-06-09 05:07 PM
    I think this app is worthless as well. I got it installed added a 2 pics and both are still small. I was using the one label "new one" for the Storm.

So glad I have not spent any money on this.
    07-06-09 07:57 PM
    I think this app is worthless as well. I got it installed added a 2 pics and both are still small. I was using the one label "new one" for the Storm.

if you import the contacts then of course you will get the small thumbnail. the contacts app does not save the picture in full screen.

try editing or create a new piciD and then select a picture that covers the whole screen from internal memory or sd card.
    07-06-09 09:09 PM

How big are the pictures? Are they 360x480? If not, they won't be full screen - they'll be however big the actual picture is.
    07-07-09 10:41 PM
    you should use the link for the storm

if you do not have internet access to install Over The Air then you need to download the zip file and use the desktop loader to install the app. You can ignore this if you do OTA install
    If you read my post, you'll see that I DID use the link for the storm. Like I said, I'm too new to the forum for it to allow me to include links in my posts (in fact, I had to delete the one in the quote of your message), but I clearly stated that the file I downloaded was in the "storm" folder.

Any ETA on a working version?
    07-08-09 09:13 AM
    If you read my post, you'll see that I DID use the link for the storm. Like I said, I'm too new to the forum for it to allow me to include links in my posts (in fact, I had to delete the one in the quote of your message), but I clearly stated that the file I downloaded was in the "storm" folder.

Any ETA on a working version?
    we not talking about the version for the Storm but the actual picture that you set for the callerID.

you need to create a new pictureID and then select a new picture that should cover the entire screen or bigger. if you just import the contacts then the picture will not show in fullscreen.

send me your screen shot to [email protected] and i will have a look.
    07-08-09 10:56 AM
    Sorry I'm a newbie, I have the storm and I'm looking for an app. that will give me city and state ID, Free. Will this work for me?
    07-08-09 06:46 PM
    Sorry I'm a newbie, I have the storm and I'm looking for an app. that will give me city and state ID, Free. Will this work for me?
    pictureID can display the city/state on the call screen but it is not 100% accurate since you can only have one city/state attached to a area code.

pictureiD is not free
    07-08-09 07:58 PM
    we not talking about the version for the Storm but the actual picture that you set for the callerID.

you need to create a new pictureID and then select a new picture that should cover the entire screen or bigger. if you just import the contacts then the picture will not show in fullscreen.

send me your screen shot to -email address redacted- and i will have a look.
    Sorry, but you must be confusing me for someone else. I'm the one that can't get the program to work at all, more or less. Just seeing your screen with the three choices of what to do, and having none of them even selectable isn't exactly working.

Oh, sure, I can do trivial stuff like change the description of an area code (once I get used to how your program scrolls in the opposite direction of every other BB app I've used), but it still bombs when I try to import my contacts.

Something is seriously wrong with how your program determines where my finger is as well. I've got to be WAY off of the field for it to think that's where I'm touching.

At least v2.0 almost kind of worked, in a way. Right now I've got $10 into something is worthless.
    07-09-09 08:12 AM
    The app works perfectly on my Storm running a .148 OS hybrid.
    07-09-09 12:04 PM
    this would be a nice app to have..but $10 bucks aint worth it..
    07-10-09 12:37 AM
324 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD