Can I presume that this "known issue" will be resolved (ASAP).

BB Storm and definitely OS 4.5+

This is how I get it to work (may be it'll be of some help to you).

1. Default ringtone is "NoSound.mp3"
    2. Set each contact ringtone as desired
    3. Create PicID ringtone too

This is what happens for incoming calls.
    1. Set ringtone of the contact rings for 1-2 secs
    2. No sound for 1-2 secs (because of the NoSound.mp3)
    3. Set ringtone for the contact rings again completely

The headache is that for each contact I would have to create a default ringtone from default contact program. If this is not done then the said issue occurs.

Of course, I will not create custom ringtones for all entries in the address book - way too time consuming.

Hope you guys fix this fast.

Regards,

Ninad.
    then goto the global picID prefs and assign the known and unknown. if the caller is not in your picID list then the known or unknown ringtone will be used.
    03-14-09 03:45 PM
    PictureID - my 1st BB Pearl (OS 4.2) app. Easy install, does mostly what I hoped and works as documented w/few quirks. Not thrilled about having to sign up here for support, but have 1 issue and 1 request ...

Issue when the "Search Contacts" pref is enabled and the caller has no picID: the "Global Known PicID" incorrectly displays a name when the number is not in my Contacts. The name appears to be left over from the last "Known PicID" that was in my Contacts.

Request: can you add a global pic "no-PicID, in-Contacts"? I have lots of these and can assign each the same picID (given enough time), but that would take from the limited picID entries.

TIA
    03-18-09 05:47 PM
    PictureID - my 1st BB Pearl (OS 4.2) app. Easy install, does mostly what I hoped and works as documented w/few quirks. Not thrilled about having to sign up here for support, but have 1 issue and 1 request ...

Issue when the "Search Contacts" pref is enabled and the caller has no picID: the "Global Known PicID" incorrectly displays a name when the number is not in my Contacts. The name appears to be left over from the last "Known PicID" that was in my Contacts.

Request: can you add a global pic "no-PicID, in-Contacts"? I have lots of these and can assign each the same picID (given enough time), but that would take from the limited picID entries.

TIA
    if you set both Known and Unknown global picID then they will be used if you do not have a custom picid for the caller.

doing this you do not need an option for no-picid in contacts.
    03-18-09 07:13 PM
    I have both the Known and Unknown global PicIDs set and they work fine.

The mentioned issue is with the "name", "number" and "location" information displayed with the Global Known PicID. The Known PicID erroneously displayed a "name" from a friend in my BlackkBerry contacts with a telemarketer's "number" from another state.

By "in-Contacts", I am refering to the BlackBerry Contacts and not the PictureID contacts list. The requested global pic would distiguish between entries in my Blackberry (not pictureID) contact list and truly unknown callers. What is the function of the "Search Contacts" preference?
    03-19-09 08:23 AM
    I have both the Known and Unknown global PicIDs set and they work fine.

The mentioned issue is with the "name", "number" and "location" information displayed with the Global Known PicID. The Known PicID erroneously displayed a "name" from a friend in my BlackkBerry contacts with a telemarketer's "number" from another state.

By "in-Contacts", I am refering to the BlackBerry Contacts and not the PictureID contacts list. The requested global pic would distiguish between entries in my Blackberry (not pictureID) contact list and truly unknown callers. What is the function of the "Search Contacts" preference?
    Search contacts will search the contacts database for the caller's name if the caller is not in the picID db. if you have 100'0 or 1000's of contacts then it will delay the ringtone because piCID is busy searching for the name.
    03-19-09 12:24 PM
    Search contacts will search the contacts database for the caller's name if the caller is not in the picID db. if you have 100'0 or 1000's of contacts then it will delay the ringtone because piCID is busy searching for the name.
    Thanks, that's how I interpreted your docs.

Any comments on the incorrect "name"? I believe it is simply left over info from an earlier caller, that the "name" field should maybe be cleared when the "number" is not found in either the pictureID or BlackBerry contacts list.

My carrier's callerID info does not include the "name", just the "number" - perhaps this is part of the problem.
    03-19-09 02:32 PM
    I have changed my BB storm to Bold, Do i have to rebuy my PicID and PicDial , If yes do i have special discount for that ??
    Thanks
    04-28-09 03:09 PM
    I have changed my BB storm to Bold, Do i have to rebuy my PicID and PicDial , If yes do i have special discount for that ??
    Thanks
    sorry but picID does not work on the BOLD
    04-28-09 03:35 PM
    Hi. Just curious. Not sure if this topic has been covered. Wondering if there is any way to make pictureid work with the default pictures assigned to contacts. That would make this app so much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 06:13 AM
    I don't know if this was discussed but when locking the phone, the pictureID does not work.. any way to fix this?
    05-10-09 10:54 AM
    I don't know if this was discussed but when locking the phone, the pictureID does not work.. any way to fix this?
    this is a known issue and there is no work around.

problem is rim does not allow apps to be executed when the device is locked
    05-10-09 04:03 PM
    I downloaded this for my wife on her 8330 and set a pic for when I call her....I then called her today and we coudln't have a conversation her phone just kept vibrating after she pressed talk so I drove to her work thinking something was wrong with her phone and after I turned PictureId off it works fine

05-17-09 01:09 AM
    I was having the same problem on my storm, I have the application called Buzz Me on my phone and I disabled the vibrate on Buzz Me and the problem stopped.
    05-18-09 01:24 PM
    does this work on all bb's?
    05-18-09 02:07 PM
    I installed trial version of PictureID (used correct Storm download) solely for the purpose of city,state caller ID. I left nextel/sprint after 10 years and now with my 9530 on Verizon, I do not have city/state caller ID. Because I run an online business this is important to me. The PictureID does work well as for as the city,state ID goes, but I have one problem with it that I cannot resolve. If a call comes in from a phone number not in my contact list, it displays the number, the city, and the state. But it also displays the NAME of the last person I talked to who IS in my contact list. I.E. - I talk to my wife on my telephone and end the call. Then a call comes in from someone in Tennessee. The caller ID displays 615-XXX-XXXX, Nashville, Tennesse, (which is great), but it also has my wife's stored name displayed above it. The customer service at toysoft. ca has been very helpful with other issues I had setting up the app, but they did not respond with a resolution to this problem. Does anyone have any idea what the fix is, or information on another app that will provide city/state caller ID. I have tried icallmanager and it does NOT work with my storm. And I have not been able to find berryacode that will work with the storm. Any help would be appreciated.
    05-20-09 09:28 PM
    this is a known issue and there is no work around.

problem is rim does not allow apps to be executed when the device is locked
    So here is a question...Do people just not lock their phone in order to use this app? I can't imagine not having my phone locked. Accidental pocket dialing etc. How do other applications run while the phone is locked? For example I get twitter notifications while locked. I really want this app but there is no way I can go without locking my pnone.

One other thing: I did download the trial and tested it by creating a picID but for some reason when I preview the picture or call myself, the picture shows landscape when it was taken portrait.
    05-21-09 10:11 AM
    So here is a question...Do people just not lock their phone in order to use this app? I can't imagine not having my phone locked. Accidental pocket dialing etc. How do other applications run while the phone is locked? For example I get twitter notifications while locked. I really want this app but there is no way I can go without locking my pnone.

One other thing: I did download the trial and tested it by creating a picID but for some reason when I preview the picture or call myself, the picture shows landscape when it was taken portrait.
    the problem is with the BB security. when your device is locked apps can not show the GUI interface eg: screens. apps can play a sound or vibrate. that is about it. you can not programmatically unlock the device.

it all depends on the orientation when you receive the call. picID will adjust the pic according to the orientation.
    05-21-09 11:02 AM
    And I see that even here too, my question is ignored by the developer as well.

Does anyone know of a city caller ID program that works for the storm at any cost??
    05-21-09 01:10 PM
    And I see that even here too, my question is ignored by the developer as well.

Does anyone know of a city caller ID program that works for the storm at any cost??
    i thought i have answered your email already.
    05-21-09 11:00 PM
    i thought i have answered your email already.
    No, I still have the problem with it going back to the last "NAME" out of my contact list. I've literally tried every combination of check boxes I can think of. I just don't get it.
    05-22-09 05:15 PM
    the problem is with the BB security. when your device is locked apps can not show the GUI interface eg: screens. apps can play a sound or vibrate. that is about it. you can not programmatically unlock the device.

it all depends on the orientation when you receive the call. picID will adjust the pic according to the orientation.
    If this were true, the PatternLock wouldn't have any chance of working. (p.s. It works GREAT)

05-28-09 10:05 AM
    I had to insert a media card (4gb) because my Blackberry would only hold about 5 photos before it was full. (!)

Now I cannot access the photos on the media card to use on my Caller ID. It will only go to the old folder. HELP PLEASE. Thanks!

The folders that show up are:
    A folder with two periods next to it like this - ..
    documents
    flycast
    music
    pictures (old photos here, none that are on the SD card)
    ringtones
    videos
    voicenotes

Have looked and looked for a way to access and add new photos. No luck.
    Last edited by strawberryfields99; 05-31-09 at 02:23 PM.
    05-31-09 02:11 PM
    Can anyone help with this???
    06-02-09 02:32 PM
    Can anyone help with this???
    can you use pictures in internal memory?
    instead of select SDCard try Store in the file browser when you select a picture.
    06-02-09 04:36 PM
    I purchased the license and I am still using the picture ID. I love it except for the fact that it always reverts back to the last callers "name" from my contact list when displaying a call that comes in from someone not on my list. No one seems to know how to fix this bug?

I originally installed trial version of PictureID (used correct Storm download) solely for the purpose of city,state caller ID. I left nextel/sprint after 10 years and now with my 9530 on Verizon, I do not have city/state caller ID. Because I run an online business this is important to me. The PictureID does work well as for as the city,state ID goes, but I have one problem with it that I cannot resolve. If a call comes in from a phone number not in my contact list, it displays the number, the city, and the state. But it also displays the NAME of the last person I talked to who IS in my contact list. I.E. - I talk to my wife on my telephone and end the call. Then a call comes in from someone in Tennessee. The caller ID displays 615-XXX-XXXX, Nashville, Tennesse, (which is great), but it also has my wife's stored name displayed above it. The customer service at toysoft. ca has been very helpful with other issues I had setting up the app, but they did not respond with a resolution to this problem. Does anyone have any idea what the fix is, or information on another app that will provide city/state caller ID. I have paid for the license and it still does this. I have also tried icallmanager and it does NOT work with my storm. And I have not been able to find berryacode that will work with the storm. Any help would be appreciated. The guy who made pictureid is very smart. I would certainly think that he could help me with this or a app/program that will fix my dilemma with needing city caller id. I am not ever worried about the picture portion of the program.

richardcaleharrington @ hotmail. com
    06-10-09 08:58 PM
324 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD