Would it be possible to include a feature to disable the accelerometer? I've noticed that pictures used for caller id's tend to stretch and resize when in landscape. This is definitely not flattering to my contacts.
    01-18-09 01:26 AM
    Would it be possible to include a feature to disable the accelerometer? I've noticed that pictures used for caller id's tend to stretch and resize when in landscape. This is definitely not flattering to my contacts.
    yes will be updating picID soon.
    01-18-09 10:37 AM
    I'm trying to choose a picture I took on my Storm. When I open up SDcard it shows nothing - no folders, no files - literally nothing. Any idea of a fix for this?

The way it operates with the touch screen needs to be overhauled, but I'm sure you guys are working on that.

Thanks.
    01-21-09 09:09 PM
    Does this only work with .75 and none of the higher ones? Im running .86
    01-21-09 11:22 PM
    I'm running 75 and it really is not working great. IMO it needs a lot of work. Hopefully smiley can help with my folder problem so its not dead weight. Really want an app like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 07:31 AM
    Does this only work with .75 and none of the higher ones? Im running .86
    it should work on .86 too
    01-22-09 11:05 AM
    I'm trying to choose a picture I took on my Storm. When I open up SDcard it shows nothing - no folders, no files - literally nothing. Any idea of a fix for this?

The way it operates with the touch screen needs to be overhauled, but I'm sure you guys are working on that.

Thanks.
    do you have the Storm plugged into the USB cable? if so unplug it.

when you open the SDCard you should see the Blackberry folder.

if you choose the Store fold do you see any folders in there?

here is the latest beta www.toysoft.ca/beta/PictureID.jad
    01-22-09 11:07 AM
    I bought the beta and followed the PDF file for setting everything up. My problem comes when I get a call from a caller with an MP3 set as a ringtone. A wav file seems to work fine but the MP3 only vibrates. Even in the edit portion when I go to test or preview I dont get any sound. Ive set my default ringtone for the phone to NoSound.mp3. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

This is on a Storm 9530 version .75
    01-22-09 03:07 PM
    I bought the beta and followed the PDF file for setting everything up. My problem comes when I get a call from a caller with an MP3 set as a ringtone. A wav file seems to work fine but the MP3 only vibrates. Even in the edit portion when I go to test or preview I dont get any sound. Ive set my default ringtone for the phone to NoSound.mp3. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

This is on a Storm 9530 version .75
    i think this is related the OS version bug. If you have not heard on some .75 and .76 when playing sounds from a 3rd party app it will not work. the sound will only play thru the headset. RIM has confirmed this bug. If you can upgrade to the OS it might fix this problem.
    01-22-09 05:51 PM
    I dl'd the trial for my Storm, running v. .90, and it shows up on the app listing, however I have no icon and no way to access it?
    01-26-09 02:44 PM
    i have a question..i need help with this application. when i used the trial version of the picture id for my storm it worked, now i have purchased the same and when i get calls from some numbers it works, and from others it doesnt..can anyone help
    01-28-09 06:34 PM
    i have a question..i need help with this application. when i used the trial version of the picture id for my storm it worked, now i have purchased the same and when i get calls from some numbers it works, and from others it doesnt..can anyone help
    goto the Global PictureID and make sure both pictures for known and unknown are assigned. Test it and make sure they show too.

If you have a problem with custom picID then double check to picture.

also goto Options app and make sure the permissions are set to all ALLOW.
    01-29-09 12:11 AM
    YouTube demo video

01-29-09 12:12 AM
    Still no solution for the Bold yet? Kind of frustrating having purchased your product and not being able to use it.
    01-29-09 08:04 PM
    Still no solution for the Bold yet? Kind of frustrating having purchased your product and not being able to use it.
    bold was never supported and it will never until RIM fixes the OS bug and they havent yet with all the OS releases.
    01-30-09 10:32 AM
    i think this is related the OS version bug. If you have not heard on some .75 and .76 when playing sounds from a 3rd party app it will not work. the sound will only play thru the headset. RIM has confirmed this bug. If you can upgrade to the OS it might fix this problem.
    That worked! Thanks. Upgraded to .90 and all the MP3s work fine. I disabled compatibility mode and set permissions to allow. It all works great except... If I have compatibility disabled, when i go to set up a NEW contact, it wont allow me to select a picture. The box will highlight but thats it. When I try to edit an existing ID picture I can do it with no problem. I realize its a very minor issue and I love the program.
    01-30-09 03:13 PM
    That worked! Thanks. Upgraded to .90 and all the MP3s work fine. I disabled compatibility mode and set permissions to allow. It all works great except... If I have compatibility disabled, when i go to set up a NEW contact, it wont allow me to select a picture. The box will highlight but thats it. When I try to edit an existing ID picture I can do it with no problem. I realize its a very minor issue and I love the program.
    great to know that RIM had finally fixed this bug. can you please try this version? I have compiled for 4.7

OTA www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID.jad
    02-01-09 09:24 AM
    Even Better!! Selecting picture works great. And I noticed that when the phone is in landscape and a call comes in the picture doesnt stretch anymore. Very nice. well worth the $

This is on a .99 install
    Last edited by soffball; 02-01-09 at 03:28 PM.
    02-01-09 03:21 PM
    great to know that RIM had finally fixed this bug. can you please try this version? I have compiled for 4.7

OTA www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID.jad
    What version number is this? I am currently running 1.4.5, is that the latest?
    02-01-09 11:08 PM
    What version number is this? I am currently running 1.4.5, is that the latest?
    get the storm version here www.toysoft.ca/storm/PictureID.jad
    02-02-09 04:28 PM
    Even Better!! Selecting picture works great. And I noticed that when the phone is in landscape and a call comes in the picture doesnt stretch anymore. Very nice. well worth the $

This is on a .99 install
    thanks all the picture now keeps the aspect ratio so that they look more natural.
    02-02-09 04:29 PM
    Tried to find this by searching but couldnt.....Is there any way to back up my pictureid data when (before) I install a new OS?
    02-02-09 05:57 PM
    Tried to find this by searching but couldnt.....Is there any way to back up my pictureid data when (before) I install a new OS?
    if you backup your device before you upgrade OS then restoring would bring back everything.
    02-02-09 06:55 PM
    1.5 Feb 4, 2009
    ---------------

- Better picture support. Aspect ratio is maintained for all the pictures. even on the Storm landscape mode

- Added new checkbox "Do not handle 2nd call" in the Prefs. this is for users who are having problems answering
    the 2nd call. If this is checked then PictureID will not handle the call.

- Fixed the minor bug with always search in contacts

- Better performance when always search in contacts is selected

- A different version is compiled for the Storm

goto Picture ID site and install the correct version.
    02-03-09 06:57 PM
    Thanks for the improvements! This app is getting better and better with each update.

I know I've asked before, but I would still love to see an option that would force portrait mode ONLY (e.g. only let display the picture in portrait mode and not in landscape)
    02-03-09 08:48 PM
324 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD