as in the title..

come on guys help me out and tell me what are the best apps...preferably free ones that i need to download immediately

also where can i get good themes for this awesome piece of kit

thanks,

chris
    05-27-10 06:23 AM
    The favorite question of the day, if not asked once a week. It's TOTALLY UP TO YOU. You are not really telling us much by your profile... no location, no carrier... just a newbie with 7 posts.

My favorites are as follows:

GoogleMaps
    BerryBuzz - cost, but worth it
    BerryWeather - cost, but worth it
    UberTwitter
    Facebook of course
    App World is good if you want to see and try out some apps... and in some cases it's the only place you can get some apps... and they do have a listing of free stuff too.
    05-27-10 06:33 AM
    ok ok so my profile doesnt say what carrier i am with etc...thats because im in the uk till next week and then i move to the states.

i'm sorry if this is asked all thie time...maybe it should be a sticky?!?!

i have read a little on the forums here and it always semms that people are not all that patient when it come to new people on here...

ah well i will look elsewhere for my advise in future
    05-27-10 08:18 AM
    Do you think I was not helpful or impatient???
    05-27-10 08:29 AM
    Here are a few of my suggestions, I think they might overlap with fatboy's, but here they are anyway:

- BerryWeather (Like fatboy said, it costs something, but there is a free version and a trial for the full version)
    - BerryBuzz (Same as above)
    - Poynt
    - Pixelated (One of the only games I downloaded on my BB)
    - Twitter for Blackberry (RIM's take on Twitter. Actually a really good client, get the latest beta!)
    - Dictionary.com (I find this app pretty useful..)
    - Bolt Browser/Opera Mini 5 (Some alternate internet browser to go along with the Blackberry one)
    - and of course, Facebook, Google Maps

As for themes, there are plenty of free (and not free) ones you can choose from in the themes section of the forums. Can't really suggest anything, since the look of your Blackberry is up to your preference.. But I prefer the clean looking, Precision-esque themes. :P

Good luck, and congrats on your new 9700!
    05-27-10 08:34 AM
    I would highly recommend smrtguard from day 1. They have a free and paid version of their service, though the only difference with the paid is the ability to backup and see your data via a pc. The free version lets you locate/track your phone, wipe it if its stolen, block use of other sim cards, even have it call you back at another # to let you listen in to figure out where it might be.
    05-27-10 08:43 AM
    I would highly recommend smrtguard from day 1. They have a free and paid version of their service, though the only difference with the paid is the ability to backup and see your data via a pc. The free version lets you locate/track your phone, wipe it if its stolen, block use of other sim cards, even have it call you back at another # to let you listen in to figure out where it might be.
    Oh! I actually use an app like that! It'sfree, its called.. BuddyGuard, I believe. Check it out!
    05-27-10 09:06 AM
    weatherbug....its a free weather program that works fine. Dont actually pay for a weather app.....that just is stupid lol. Another goo app is google maps. As for useful that's about it. You want apps, do what I did and get an itouch
    05-27-10 09:54 AM
    weatherbug....its a free weather program that works fine. Dont actually pay for a weather app.....that just is stupid lol. Another goo app is google maps. As for useful that's about it. You want apps, do what I did and get an itouch
    Actually, I forgot one. Pandora is a good app to have also
    05-27-10 09:57 AM
    -Movies
    -Tether
    -Liteon

those are some of the first apps I downloaded when I got my BB.

If you want directions on how to get tether for free you can check out this video.

05-27-10 11:42 AM
    quicklaunch is one that isnt mentioned either
    05-27-10 11:49 AM
    Oh! I actually use an app like that! It'sfree, its called.. BuddyGuard, I believe. Check it out!
    Smartguard is free. The only bonus to paying is the backup function. I am currently using databackup from s4bb to backup my phone to my sd card once a week.

Another couple of apps everyone should have are
    Privacystar <paid but worth it
    Callcontrol lite <blocks calls from a public blacklist FREE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 12:04 PM
    Viigo
    weathereye
    Sirius XM
    Berry App world
    Googlemaps
    Pandora
    Bloomberg
    05-27-10 12:09 PM
    Lolz @ the people saying "facebook of course"

Its slow, looks old, and a huge memory waste. The only thing I liked was the "send to...facebook" option on pictures, but really, that's just a gui for sending an mms to your personal fb mobile upload email addy. No need to have an app for that. Plus, it gets your calendar all screwy

I have deleted and installed a million apps, but the only ones I regularly use are google maps, twitter for bb (its really come a long way, and quickly), and then foursquare and pandora when I'm bored. I've kept urbanspoon, google mobile app, google voice, gmail, google talk, but rarely use any of those

05-27-10 12:40 PM
    +1 for quick launch and berryweather

Also captureit or zonesnape (screen pic)

05-27-10 01:06 PM
    +1 for quick launch and berryweather

Also captureit or zonesnape (screen pic)

QL has a screen capture as well....
    05-27-10 01:11 PM
    Lolz @ the people saying "facebook of course"

Its slow, looks old, and a huge memory waste. The only thing I liked was the "send to...facebook" option on pictures, but really, that's just a gui for sending an mms to your personal fb mobile upload email addy. No need to have an app for that. Plus, it gets your calendar all screwy

I have deleted and installed a million apps, but the only ones I regularly use are google maps, twitter for bb (its really come a long way, and quickly), and then foursquare and pandora when I'm bored. I've kept urbanspoon, google mobile app, google voice, gmail, google talk, but rarely use any of those

Opps, did I say Facebook was a must have app on my list? Scratch that out. It's crap. Use the mobile site instead. :P

Oh! And I agree about the Twitter application. I used TwitterBerry, UberTwitter, and TweetGenius(I even paid for it). I gotta say, Twitter for Blackberry is one of the best I've used. TweetGenius was good.. But the lack of updates resulted in it's inevitable demise.
    05-27-10 01:17 PM
    My list of apps would be

Poynt
    Google Maps
    Quickpull
    Bolt (used solely for fb, WAY quicker than the fb app)
    And weatherbug

I can't justify paying for a weather app, or to customize my led notifier. But hey, to each their own.

05-27-10 01:50 PM
    Quicklaunch is a must have
    Maratick(free list app I use for food shopping,it's under the free crackberry app list)
    Jconverter 2 (free crackberry app list)
    Poynt
    Pandora
    Amazon app (i order a lot from them)
    05-27-10 02:07 PM
    - Twitter [Not UberTwitter]
    - BeBuzz [If you're into custom led lights when you get a call, GET THIS!!!]
    - TheScore Mobile App [If you're a fan of sports]
    - eBay [Self explanatory]
    - TheHockeyNews [Self explanatory]
    - Opera Mini [I highly recommend this. Fastest browser I've used on my phone compared to BOLT & Blackberry's browser]
    - GoogleMaps [Self explanatory]

All free apps of course, I'm too cheap :P
    Last edited by jeedee; 05-27-10 at 07:19 PM.
    05-27-10 06:52 PM
    meterberry
    berry weather
    berrybuzz are must haves.
    05-28-10 06:59 PM
    Viigo News
    Google Maps
    Flixster
    Scoremobile
    Crackberry Launcher

05-28-10 08:10 PM
    Hello, I really want this Blackberry so bad!!! I need to get a job first to pay for it though lol. Could you post a new thread telling us what its like and everthing? Does it have 3G?

Thanks, and enjoy your new BB! Im so envious ( for the moment anyway until I get my own one) xx
    05-29-10 06:09 AM
    +1 for poynt, i use that all the time. Its not always 100% accurate but it sure beats googling the address of business
    05-29-10 06:30 AM
    Meterberry
    Google Maps
    Docs to Go
    Berryweather
    Beejive
    Twitter
    Facebook
    are my favs!
    05-29-10 06:44 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD