I have a Torch - but looking for speed dial and/or photo app for contacts that uses images.
    09-02-10 09:28 PM
    I have a Torch - but looking for speed dial and/or photo app for contacts that uses images.
    Phoneface

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:32 AM
    Link if possible?
    09-03-10 06:08 AM
    found it - terrible reviews and no support.
    09-03-10 06:09 AM
    I am starting to get frustrated with the lack of available apps that seem to make sense. I paid and downloaded photoface and you have to scroll through page after page after page of 1 image per page for this program. This is not a real speed dial program to be honest.

Is there an app out there that will let you set up a quick dial page like this with images -

And then it could also integrate with the recent call page like this -

09-03-10 06:41 AM
    09-03-10 06:58 AM
    Thank you madbradnyc - I will check those out today. Thank you again!
    09-03-10 07:03 AM
    unfortunately they dont work with the Torch yet....
    09-03-10 07:07 AM
    Wow. Sorry about that, but I tried. The 9800 is so new that it may take time for developers to make or update their products for it.

I wish I could do more.
    09-03-10 07:13 AM
    try PictureDial v3 here

PictureDial - Speed dial, sms, email and browse websites with Picture IDs - Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    09-03-10 10:58 AM
    That IS VERY CLOSE to what I am looking for. Downloading Trial now. THANK YOU!
    09-03-10 11:51 AM
    In OS 6 on the Torch there is a new feature that you may want to try. In a contact bring up the menu and select "Add to Home Screen". This will add an icon with the picture that you can click on to get speedy access to all phone/sms/email fields. If you group all of your together in a folder you end up with your very own picture speed dials. Hope this helps.
    09-03-10 05:27 PM
    In OS 6 on the Torch there is a new feature that you may want to try. In a contact bring up the menu and select "Add to Home Screen". This will add an icon with the picture that you can click on to get speedy access to all phone/sms/email fields. If you group all of your together in a folder you end up with your very own picture speed dials. Hope this helps.

so that would go over any background image I have installed correct?
    09-03-10 05:33 PM
    That is correct. It acts like every other icon on your desktop.
    09-03-10 06:19 PM
    So far I have to say that PictureDial is working well. I attached it to my convienience button and working well. I wish I could configure the images to have a few more on a page, but overall works very nicely and has auto text option, etc.
    09-03-10 06:22 PM
    ...doing something wrong. I like the idea of this feature and am trying to use it, but I do not get the option in my menu to "Add to Home Screen." I stumbled upon this thread when i realized my speed dial settings didn't transfer from 9700. Anyhow, would love some feedback. Thanks.
    09-05-10 08:52 PM
    PictureDial is close to what I was looking for but VERY limited as far as customizing or making the image sizes smaller to fit more on each page before having to scroll down. MANY of the blackberry apps seem to be limited. Like they are a good start, but only 1/2 developed. Strange.
    09-05-10 09:12 PM
    That IS VERY CLOSE to what I am looking for. Downloading Trial now. THANK YOU!
    Toysoft is excellent. Customer service too!
    09-05-10 09:27 PM
    PictureDial is close to what I was looking for but VERY limited as far as customizing or making the image sizes smaller to fit more on each page before having to scroll down. MANY of the blackberry apps seem to be limited. Like they are a good start, but only 1/2 developed. Strange.
    If you want to customized your pictures more i would suggest shortcut Manager for Torch and OS6. you can create speed dial shortcuts on the home screen and change the icon for both normal and rollover.

unlike the Contacts shortcut. Speed dial shortcuts created with Shortcut Manager actually dials the contact and not edit it like the contacts shortcut.

you can read and download shortcut manager here ShortcutManager - Create shortcuts on the HomeScreen like email, sms, website, phone call and others - Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    09-06-10 10:07 AM
    If you want to customized your pictures more i would suggest shortcut Manager for Torch and OS6. you can create speed dial shortcuts on the home screen and change the icon for both normal and rollover.

unlike the Contacts shortcut. Speed dial shortcuts created with Shortcut Manager actually dials the contact and not edit it like the contacts shortcut.

you can read and download shortcut manager here ShortcutManager - Create shortcuts on the HomeScreen like email, sms, website, phone call and others - Productivity BlackBerry Apps
    I did check that out, but I like having rotating images of my kids as my background so dont want to do that. I just want a quick photo contact screen. the one I got seems to work pretty good.
    09-06-10 10:13 AM
    Iconify should work with the Torch - at least it does it in the Simulator [no real device here available in Europe yet - sorry]
    09-10-10 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD