Just wanted to know anyones thoughts on the 2 Visual Voice mail services. I tried both. What I found was

YouMail
    Pros:
    Custom Greetings
    Cheap Transcription Service
    Cons:
    Blackberry App does not give notifications of new messages.
    Does not autocheck for messages, have to check manually
    Settings are very basic, there is no way to change your password on the app once you've entered it in setup
    Is not integrated with blackberry contacts, you have to upload them to youmail.
    Transcriptio service is Slow

PhoneTag:
    Pros:
    Fast voicemail delivery
    More Integrated with Blackberry: notifications, red ymbol to note new messages, etc
    Cleaner interface, with more options and settings
    Transcription service is quick and accurate
    Cons:
    No custom greetings
    More expensive transcription service.

Thats what I found if anyone has anything else to add feel free.
    02-05-09 01:10 PM
    There is one big difference between the two services for me. PhoneTag allows you to email a .wav or .mp3 attachment to an email address and it will transcribe it for you. I spoke with YouMail, and they do not have that service.

Rather than forwarding my missed calls to my home phone directly to PhoneTag, I let it go to my AT&T voicemail, and then the AT&T server sends an mp3 of the voicemail via email to PhoneTag. I then get the transcription on my Blackberry, but the original voicemail stays with AT&T so my wife can check the messages from home.

You can also dictate a memo and send it to PhoneTag for transcription. The downside is that PhoneTag limits all messages to 60 seconds right now.
    02-05-09 03:55 PM
    What email address do you send the ATT voicemail to for PhoneTag to transcribe it? I have both ATT home voicemail and PhoneTag.
    02-21-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD