Can anyone tell me why certain contacts on my storm have the facebook info (picture, facebook name) but yet others dont.

And yes they are facebook friends of mine,,, just for some reason some of them loaded and others did not.
    11-19-09 01:34 PM
    Any thoughts?

11-19-09 03:05 PM
    Do you have the same email for your facebook setup on the blackberry too? and some times I have to add it my self going into the friends list and adding them to my contacts
    11-19-09 03:32 PM
    The Facebook app looks at e-mail addresses and phone numbers to match up your contact list with your FB friends. They would have to have the same number or e-mail address listed in their facebook account for it to match them automatically. Some people don't list their phone numbers (for privacy reasons) on Facebook, or may use a different e-mail address as part of their profile (to keep from getting SPAM). If it doesn't match, then they won't link up.

You can go into the Facebook app, bring up your friends list, then link them manually to you address book from there. That way, it doesn't matter what info they use in their FB profile.
    11-19-09 04:13 PM
    same email yes.

With the newer version of fb it allows for auto updating of bb contacts and fb contacts.

altho some did not read the facebook info and i cant figure out why

But I do not see a section to update with facebook name, or their picture for that matter
    11-19-09 04:17 PM
    Xopher,,, I sort of thought it was something like that, But my father has his email the same way I have it on the bb contact list and it does not recognize him and auto update.
    it is the same email he uses for facebook, altho his number is not there, does it need both maybe?
    11-19-09 04:29 PM
    Its alot easier to manually sync your contacts depending on how many you have and that way you know they're right.
    11-19-09 11:36 PM
    I'm not sure how much information needs to match, but the more info that matches, the better. I found that after updating an entry in my address book, Facebook app would do a search (so if they added info on Facebook for an unlinked entry, your BB wouldn't know to check for new info) and make the link.
    11-20-09 08:09 AM
    Xopher, Yup tried that as well, entirely deleted my father, and redid, with his info that is stated on fb, still no avail.

Honda, yeah sure I could manually sync, but i see no way of getting their fb picture in their contact profile except to manually save the pic from fb and add it to the profile whil connected usb,,, just not worth all that effort. Ok so then you ask then why worry about it? Good question, just because if it were a simple fix, i would take care of it.

11-20-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD