I keep a relatively clean menu. I don't have random icons floating around, and I have everything in folders. So about a month ago when I looked at my phone and saw a VCAST Store and VCAST Song ID, I noticed. I went to options advanced apps to delete them, but they weren't listed. I figured it was just ********* verizon being ********* verizon. I hid them, and that was that. But the other day, I noticed Slacker on the bottom of my menu now, with no option to delete and no applications entry. What gives? Why am I getting all of these apps on my device that I clearly dont want? Am I alone in this, or does anyone else have similar experiences...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:50 PM
    Verizon pushed Slacker a few days ago. You can hide it as well. If you delete it, they'll just push it back.
    08-01-09 03:51 PM
    See this... http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...plaint-259105/

then call and complain to Verizon support. Tell them you DO NOT WANT these VPL service books on your device.
    08-01-09 03:53 PM
    I was wondering where it came from.. I thought I was downloading in my sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:12 PM
    Yea, Verizon pushed those apps to all Storm users. I already had Slacker so it didn't effect me, but when i saw those VZW apps I was confused, until I realized what they were and how they got there. I think you should be able to delete em. I also think you should be able to opt-out of recieving them if you don't want to. But I am just a crazy kid...
    08-02-09 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD