View Poll Results: Would you use Viigo Lite?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, instead of Viigo

43 64.18%
  • Yes, instead of another RSS reader

10 14.93%
  • Yes, and I don't use an RSS reader right now

5 7.46%
  • No, I'll stick with Viigo

5 7.46%
  • No, I'll stick with another RSS reader

1 1.49%
  • No, and I don't want to use any RSS reader

3 4.48%
    Thanks for all of your feedback here, it's very valuable.

I have good news for all of you who are interested in seeing a new and improved Viigo Lite ... we have actually had one under development for the past few weeks, and expect to be releasing it in the next few weeks.

Furthermore, we've put Viigo on a diet, and have added a number of memory optimizations that will result in it using far less memory on devices. So if you want the full featured Viigo in a less filling package, then you will have that option too.

All the best,

Mark Ruddock
    CEO Viigo
    It's interesting that he read this forum. I just want a RSS reader. No weather, podcasts, tracing, just a RSS reader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 08:07 AM
    Yay viigo actually listens! This is why I love Viigo!

08-06-09 08:15 AM
    does "remove service" free up any memory with this app
    You mean that if you uninstalled this program there are still stuff of it on the phone? I need to also remove the service? Or what you mean?
    08-17-09 10:59 PM
    Thank you for the link
    08-18-09 10:04 PM
    The old version of Viigo 2.2.82 works great as a lite version for the Tour (after a reboot). It's so fast on the Tour!

08-19-09 04:24 AM
    It's interesting that he read this forum. I just want a RSS reader. No weather, podcasts, tracing, just a RSS reader.

+1

10char
    08-19-09 02:14 PM
    Thanks for all of your feedback here, it's very valuable.

I have good news for all of you who are interested in seeing a new and improved Viigo Lite ... we have actually had one under development for the past few weeks, and expect to be releasing it in the next few weeks.

Furthermore, we've put Viigo on a diet, and have added a number of memory optimizations that will result in it using far less memory on devices. So if you want the full featured Viigo in a less filling package, then you will have that option too.

All the best,

Mark Ruddock
    CEO Viigo
    Any ETA on when that will happen?
    08-25-09 11:53 AM
    bump

10 char
    08-25-09 12:14 PM
    Viigo has gotten fat and bloated. It still leaks memory bad. I don't remember the versions from a year ago before Project Tango or whatever they called the 3.0 builds leaking memory. I would gladly take a Viigo Lite or a Viigo update where I can install what I want. For example, I download an installation package, install and Viigo's installer pops up with a screen for choosing what I want. But that's probably not going to happen.

Awesome idea !!!

I, like others on here, love Viigo, but was forced to remove it because of its size, and more importantly, it's memory leak. I'd gladly give a Lite version a shot - especially if the memory leakage had been addressed.
    08-25-09 12:30 PM
    I'm a HUGE Viigo fan... And I'm torn... I like new things to play with and enjoy when they are making the product more useful.

But, since I have an 8830, I may go back in version for only space. Wish I had enough free memory to happily run it and play with all the stuff.

Awesome of the CEO to read through our forums and take note. For a free program, it impresses me how much they put into it. I can say "I" truly appreciate the program, I use it all day long to pass time. Much thanks for it.
    08-25-09 04:04 PM
    Well, yesterday I upgraded to the "ROCK" version of Viigo, because it had a new module with some feeds that I was interested in.

Was pretty horrid looking with "ROCK" written in orange across the upper left with the "Horns" outer fingers raised hand sign replacing "Alpha", haha... That swas yukky, and looked more like a guitar hero add than Viigo, haha..

After playing with it and see the feeds were often pretty insufficient information on cool subjects (not Viigo's fault there), I downgraded to the Lite version to get rid of the hideous orange ROCK arcoss the top. So, I deleted Viigo and gained an immediate 2+ megs. Ouch...

I DL'd the lite version (older 2.2.82) which I had up until recently still on my PC. I allowed it so update, and I still have well over a meg of extra space compared to the newer full boat versions.

Some strangely lost usability tho. Deleting a item takes secondary "prompt" for approval, when I had this version before, there was a field on options under "application" to check that removed the "prompt on deletion". Now, it's gone... Ugh... As many feeds as I have this is a bummer. May have to go back to the full version JUST for that little option haha... Ugh...

Maybe note that guys...

On the other hand, the feeds that the other modules set up, ARE still in my feeds, they're just combined into the one main RSS area and not segragated to the "modules" now. so, that's sorta cool.

Always something huh? Nonetheless, Lotsa freed memory and no noticable memory leak with the Lite Version. Stayed stable pretty nicely over night with no noticeable issues as far as leakage.

Dialed in a bit, the lite version, will be cool. Wished i hadn't deleted the old version I HAD tho...
    08-27-09 07:16 AM
    I would love that! Freerange is becoming too annoying.
    08-27-09 07:56 AM
    Viigo Lite Link let's you go as far as the select device model and then OS. After that it says sorry...can't find anything for this device. Tried a bunch BB models and OS. No dice!
    09-05-09 08:10 PM
    can anyone send me the 2.2.82 cod file. I updated it on accident and now i can't get back to the lite version. Thanks in advance.
    10-07-09 01:58 PM
    Try this "news" version:
    ViigoNews | Viigo

I think that it's better than 2.2.82 as I had used the 2.2.82 version and even went back to it again after I'd ran a newer version of viigo trying to regain memory. 2.2.82 has issues that this version fixes. Plus the news version supports other feeds you have added like hockey and the hard rock feeds etc.

Pretty cool version that isn't too well known.

10-07-09 02:07 PM
    Not sure if I would consider a 1000+kb version "lite". I was really hoping for a new version of Viigo "Lite" that would be about 500kb. The BB is very limited when it comes to memory so 1mb is HUGE!
    10-08-09 08:41 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD