So obviously, there's not a Spotify app for BlackBerry yet. This is probably for two reasons: first, BlackBerry is somewhat difficult to develop for (RIM's fault, but will hopefully change with QNX). Second, and probably more importantly, Spotify probably doesn't think that making a BB app would be profitable.

SO let's make them realize making a spotify app could potentially yield el dinero grande! (that means the big money, not the big dinner.)

Thanks everyone!
    If you don't know what Spotify is, it's a music streaming service kinda along the lines of Pandora or Slacker. You can read more about it here: http://www.spotify.com/us/about/what/ and request an invite here http://www.spotify.com/us/hello-america/ (and then come sign the petition )
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 07-17-11 at 11:40 PM.
    07-17-11 11:34 PM
    QNX.. Spotify API is based on C.

Overview - Spotify - Developers' home

Once RIM lets devs have at the Native SDK, Spotify app can be done by Spotify themselves or another dev. Same with Skype.
    07-18-11 12:05 AM
    I signed the petition. I also requested an invite for the PC version. I hope it is not as difficult as SocialScope was.
    07-18-11 12:09 AM
    So what you're saying is that the main people who need to know we want a Spotify app is RIM because they've locked down the tools to use it?
    QNX is still probably a year away, I personally would rather not wait till then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 12:09 AM
    The NDK is only available for QNX (PlayBook) since the current BB phones (including BB 7) use Java.

Spotify would have to write the app for the OS 5/6/7 phones since they don't give devs a way to do it other than a C API. Not impossible. Just a lot of work.
    07-18-11 12:14 AM
    The NDK is only available for QNX (PlayBook) since the current BB phones (including BB 7) use Java.

Spotify would have to write the app for the OS 5/6/7 phones since they don't give devs a way to do it other than a C API. Not impossible. Just a lot of work.
    That's what I figured, a lot of work.
    Well, that's why we need big numbers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 12:16 AM
    My understanding is that apps for mobile devices is one of the perks of the premium version of Spotify and is never available in the free or unlimited versions. I don't have first knowledge of this myself, but I've read that in a couple places. That's not to say that they already have a Blackberry version (although they might since Blackberry has been popular in Europe, where Spotify has been popular for some time), but rather to say, that unless you plan to get the premium service, a blackberry app is irrelevant.
    07-18-11 07:45 AM
    Well, I have been using the PC program of Spotify, and love it. Yes the phone app is a perk of premium membership. Once you start using the PC version, I am sure you will agree that a premium membership would be worth it.
    I would love to have the app at least available whether I wanted premium or not, just in case. We need to get more companies to develope apps for the blackberries.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-18-11 08:16 AM
    Yes, it's really disappointing there is no BB app, but there's one for Simbian and Windows Mobile?! BlackBerry still commands a large market share, even larger outside the U.S., so I'm confident they could make more money if they offered a BB app. Until then, I've subscribed to the unlimited music and no ads version for $5 per month. Overall, the service is pretty amazing. If I could sync to my phone, I don't think I would ever have to "buy" an album again.
    07-18-11 07:36 PM
    Only 23 people signed, counting me and my wife? Come on guys
    07-18-11 08:39 PM
    I added my name.
    07-18-11 08:42 PM
    Only 23 people signed, counting me and my wife? Come on guys

23 people in 24hrs? Seriously, this program is by far the best music streaming program I have used yet. If you dnt have it yet sign up @ http://www.spotify.com

Once you use it you will want to sign the petition, as this is a must have for the blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-18-11 10:31 PM
    This is off the Spotify Website

CDMA phones are not currently supported

Currently the app only supports phones running on GSM networks. CDMA-network (for instance Sprint and Verizon) phones and the Torch 9800 are not yet compatible. This is due to Blackberry hardware issues related to the decoding of the Ogg format that Spotify uses for streaming.
    02-26-12 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD