Hello, I have never posted a thread and I feel if I was to post one it'd better be good.. Well this is just an idea for an app. that I really wish someone could make.

Don't you think for the really "advanced texter's" the perfect app would to be able to type with out actually pushing the screen. I know Verizon or RIM would never make this due to the whole storms idea is the push screen but is it possible for someone to actually make this app? If so I would love to pay someone to make it =) It doesn't have to be exactly what I'm saying but the general idea of non-push-typing would be great!

Please reply to your thoughts as to my idea on the perfect app.
    04-01-09 07:44 PM
    It's not possible
    04-01-09 07:46 PM
    Thats what I thought but on brickbreaker you dont need to push the screen to move the bottom bar so what ever programming that uses is there a way to write letters ?
    04-01-09 07:48 PM
    for the function of what is intended, quicklaunch seems great. the new sms app in the app store that allows thread sms longer than 160 characters seems like a great idea when the bugs are worked out. but to your question. a great browser totaly compatable with the storm
    04-01-09 07:50 PM
    I actually think it is possible - but it may be developed within an application. I am not sure if you could make it a global change that could be used with the native applications throughout the phone.

iStockManager allows the use of touch and not click (as an option) within its application so it can be done within the program.
    04-01-09 07:52 PM
    Not again!?!
    04-01-09 07:53 PM
    I actually think it is possible - but it may be developed within an application. I am not sure if you could make it a global change that could be used with the native applications throughout the phone.

iStockManager allows the use of touch and not click (as an option) within its application so it can be done within the program.
    How dare you argue with DMG!!
    04-01-09 07:54 PM
    Not again!?!

agreed . . if I didn't want the click I would not have gotten this phone. But to answer the question, certain aps can do it . . . I have no confidence it can be done globally.
    04-01-09 07:55 PM
    it doesn't even have to be done globally (globally = throughout the phone im guessing?) I only want it for texting because I too like the whole button thing but when in a argument its really needed. Another thought is like the Ip**** ..lol.. there are some apps where you can send text messages so wouldn't it make sense that it is possible ?
    04-01-09 08:00 PM
    While it is possible for the phone to do it, it's not possible for developers to touch any part of the keyboard.

If someone were to create their own keyboard in their own application then it would be possible, but developers can't alter RIM's keyboard and we can't create our own keyboard to work with 3rd party apps.
    04-01-09 08:12 PM
    While it is possible for the phone to do it, it's not possible for developers to touch any part of the keyboard.

If someone were to create their own keyboard in their own application then it would be possible, but developers can't alter RIM's keyboard and we can't create our own keyboard to work with 3rd party apps.
    And there you have it - that is how some apps can do it. There are a lot of OS features that RIM will not let you touch like the notifications on the home screen.
    04-01-09 08:14 PM

I have a question about that though. Just like you can make apps that go over the screen, such as screen lock, sliderlocker (your iphone slide lock) and your fingerprint lock app, how come you cant do the same but have a keyboard.

dont get my wrong, I like the click keyboard, but once I got used to it, I found myself moving my fingers faster than the click could handle, causing errors.
    04-01-09 08:31 PM
    IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE A SMS APP THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO PUSH THE SCREEN
    I have a key generator for some of my apps that does just that. All you do is touch the letter to type, so it is possible, but I don't think enough people want it to make it very useful.
    04-01-09 08:35 PM
    Quick question.... is there an app already out there that allows you to extend your sms past 160?
    04-01-09 09:02 PM
    for the function of what is intended, quicklaunch seems great. the new sms app in the app store that allows thread sms longer than 160 characters seems like a great idea when the bugs are worked out. but to your question. a great browser totaly compatable with the storm
    theres an app for threaded text?
    04-01-09 09:04 PM
    Whats it called???
    04-01-09 09:13 PM
    IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE A SMS APP THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO PUSH THE SCREEN
    How? Have you made one? I would pay a premium for this...though I doubt it exists.
    05-01-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD