Have you been banned by ATT? Sued? House taken away? Cars tolled?

I need to know whether this app does this much damage (or not). Please relate back. Thanks.
    12-15-09 08:33 PM
    I have been using it since it came out, first on my 9000 and now with my 9700. Never had a single issue.

And the transition went flawlessly. Simply logged into my tetherberry account, changed the pin and I was all set.

I love tetherberry. I use it as my home internet connection, although I don't go on much. It helps in a pinch for sites that don't load on my phone.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 09:02 PM
    Anybody else have any bad experiences with ATT and this program? I'm thinking about getting it seeing it is 50% off.
    01-08-10 10:21 AM
    It's a great program. I can't say much about AT&T but why would they be any different than anyone else? The program works the way it works and it's not illegal or anything.
    01-08-10 10:25 AM
    You can do what it does for free, you guys know that right?
    01-08-10 10:55 AM
    does anyone know if it works with a mac? and as far as I know if you stay under 5gb your good
    01-08-10 11:15 AM
    Iv'e been tethering for free since the very frist tutorial was posted way back when, never had an issue. Why pay when you can tether for free, the instructions are all over...
    01-08-10 11:25 AM
    Yep,

Agree with mookish. I set up one of my older laptops with a modem connection to my 9700. Works fine. Also bought a blue tooth dongle and can connect via blue tooth with no problems
    01-08-10 11:30 AM
    would anyone be kind enough to point out the directions of doing what tetherberry does for free to avoid any extra tethering charges?
    01-08-10 11:59 AM
    Wow this is really great news. I am definately going to purchase this app as it seems very handy and at 50% off too.

One question guys if anyone can chime in. I connect my PS3 wireless to my router and very so often at night when I get back from work and trying to play COD MW2 online, I get very laggy connections (I suspect this is due to sharing the connection within the house. Since I can't tell everyone to stop using the internet and give me all the bandwith, would tethering be an option for my PS3 to connect to and use that as my internet provider to play games with a smoother internet speed? I am guessing the answer is no but would love to know if anyone has thought about this.
    01-08-10 12:05 PM
    I have been using this app since Aug, LOVE IT! Never gotten anything from att about data usage. I am on an unlimited plan, probably helps alot.

Never had a problem, spent one day watching nothing but youtube vids.
    I got it at half price through crackberry, definitely worth it! A must have.
    01-08-10 12:22 PM
    Awai...,

Search this forum using "modem connection" and go to the "Pdanet for Bold/AT&T" thread or the thread by Poisonberry
    01-08-10 01:33 PM
    would anyone be kind enough to point out the directions of doing what tetherberry does for free to avoid any extra tethering charges?
    oakie - How-To: Tether Your BlackBerry To Your Mac For Free, Part 1: T-Mobile and AT&T

if you have a pc, just download and install the latest desktop manager for windows and choose "ip modem" on the main menu and follow the instructions.
    01-08-10 02:26 PM
    but there is a big difference.. this allows you to surpass any carrier charges for tethering.. with bell mobility if you click on IP MODEM on desktop manager.. they will charge you for tethering but with tetherberry they dont end up charging the extra charges for tethering..
    01-09-10 06:33 PM
    Yes Tetherberry, now called Tether, is not the same as "tethering" for free. Both will get you the internet on your laptop via your phone. Using Tetherberry fools your carrier into thinking you are browsing on your phone, part of your unlimited data plan. Tethering with the free method you do risk getting caught by your carrier.

If you only do it occasionally and don't mind the risk go for the free method. I never had any luck trying to set up my 9000. I could never get it to connect no matter who's tutorial I followed so I bought the tetherberry and never looked back.

And at half off, IMO, definitely worth it.

01-09-10 07:21 PM
    I wouldn't recommend tethering if you're gonna use your PS3. Speed isn't that great.

AT&T charges for tethering but I've read somewhere that some people tether and they've never gotten charge extra.

I'm on T-Mobile and for some reason I get higher speeds tethering with TetherBerry then through DM. I would say about 200-300 kbps difference. 50% off sounds good. I'm using the trial but I think I'm going to purchase it.

01-09-10 07:22 PM
    I tether with the free method with my macbook. I use it so rarely and just for little stuff. I've never had any strange charges on my bill or been questioned about it.
    01-09-10 07:25 PM
    Get it on crackberry.com. It's only $20 rather than $25 on tether.com

Is it me or is the tethering really slow on my BB? Just got it last night..
    01-09-10 08:32 PM
    Do you guys know what version Tether is? The screenshot on the CB store looks different than the one I'm using now. I'm using version 1.0.10 right now.
    01-09-10 08:46 PM
    Will tetherberry work ok with an HP net book? It uses XP

01-10-10 12:23 AM
    oakie - How-To: Tether Your BlackBerry To Your Mac For Free, Part 1: T-Mobile and AT&T

if you have a pc, just download and install the latest desktop manager for windows and choose "ip modem" on the main menu and follow the instructions.
    I have 5.0.1 DM and do not see any option for IP Modem anywhere. Can you please give specific directions?

In another thread someone said it was in backup and restore.
    01-10-10 05:42 AM
    Yes Tetherberry, now called Tether, is not the same as "tethering" for free. Both will get you the internet on your laptop via your phone. Using Tetherberry fools your carrier into thinking you are browsing on your phone, part of your unlimited data plan. Tethering with the free method you do risk getting caught by your carrier.

If you only do it occasionally and don't mind the risk go for the free method. I never had any luck trying to set up my 9000. I could never get it to connect no matter who's tutorial I followed so I bought the tetherberry and never looked back.

And at half off, IMO, definitely worth it.

This is not accurate. I read a forum post that someone got fined by their carrier (Verizon), despite using tetherberry.

If surfing with tether were truly free, then tether would back up their program with a *ZERO FINE* guarantee.

See their terms of service below.

Allocation of Risk. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU MAY INCUR ADDITIONAL CARRIER COSTS, AND THAT YOUR PLAN MAY BE TERMINATED BY YOUR CARRIER FOR VIOLATION OF YOUR CARRIER�S FAIR USE POLICY OR TERMS OF SERVICE. BY USING ANY MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT, THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE DISCLAIMERS CONTAINED IN THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.YOU AGREE THAT THE ABOVE WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK AMONG THE PARTIES AND THE PRICE OF THE SOFTWARE.

Indemnification. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS 3235106 FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM IN EXCESS OF THE LIMITATION SET FORTH IN SECTION 7 AND FROM ANY CLAIMS INITIATED BY YOUR CARRIER FOR VIOLATION OF ITS POLICIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS FAIR USE POLICY. THIS INDEMNIFICATION SHALL APPLY EVEN IN THE EVENT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE OF 3235106, OR ANY CLAIM OF FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
    Last edited by msaririan; 01-10-10 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added terms of service.
    01-10-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD