I have PeekaWho and Follow up, they are great apps! I like Follow up but I think it would be much better if you also add an option to create appointments in the Calendar from the emails. Is that possible? Thanks

J
    10-24-08 10:01 PM
    A question for the folks at SmrtGuard...

I have been using PeekaWho for about 3 weeks now, and in general I think it is a great app.

I do have a slight problem with the app though. I work in a dusty and potentially physically damaging (to the blackberry) environment, so I have to carry my BB in a completely sealed case that doesn't have a standby magnet. Therefore I manually put the blackberry in standby before putting it in the case. My problem occurrs when an email or sms comes in while the phone is cased, and peekawho wakes it from standby by generating the popup. Until I take the phone out of the case and put it back in standby, any impacts/bumps on the outside of the case are likely to result in button presses on the berry. this results in extra on-time and decreased battery life, and potentially inadvertent phone calls. If it happens to be noisy when mail comes in and I don't hear the alert, then I don't even know to put it back in standby.

My current solution is to disable popups on home screen, and make sure the BB is on home screen when I put it in standby.

I realize that my situation is pretty unique, but I was hoping that a future release might include the option to disable popups when in standby.

At any rate, thanks for the great software, keep up the good work.

Mainiak Blaniak.
    10-25-08 05:25 PM
    Have you tried autostandby?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 07:19 PM
    I had to do a total reset. how do i get the app back? i must admit i thought i had the file saved in a directory but i don't! is there anywhere i can download the latest version and insert my code (which i need to find!)
    10-25-08 07:36 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD